How Did Braith Anasta Go ??

ImageImageImage
yeti

Re: How Did Braith Anasta Go ??

Post by yeti » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 4:03 pm

Chunky love machine wrote:
Chadman's Ghost wrote:He played as he normally plays- involved in much of the organising, enthusiastic, injects himself at the right times. He's a smart guy.

What I really noticed was that when the Roosters looked to be imploding & they started jawing at the refs, Anasta was yelling instructions at his players, getting them back in the game. There was a 10-15 minute period from about the 60th minute that held the balance of the game, and as it went on the Roosters started to fall apart. Once that started, you could see Anasta taking control.

Just think back to the times we've all thought the Tigers looked directionless, and then imagine what difference Anasta should make. I'd play him at 5/8 for the record, and let Sironen play off the bench for a year. If young Sironen is smart- he'll tag along with Anasta every day that Anasta is a Tiger, gleaming insights on how to be an on-field general from him.
Anasta is the biggest sook in rugby league. He practically cries at the ref every time something goes against him. I was so angry when I found out we had signed his washed up ass. I have spent years hating him from a Tigers supporters point of view. I hate him almost as much as Watmough and Brett Stewart, I will be getting rid of my Heighington jersey next year in case Anasta wears it and I'm mistaken for a fan of his. His druggy girlfriend has a face like a horse too, just for the record.
That would go down as about the most tasteless comment I have read on this forum. Say what you want about players but leave off family and friends. You should be ashamed of yourself mate.

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 4:29 pm

He kicked seven from seven as well!

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 5:01 pm

I heard the 2GBtalk as well about Anasta & they were saying $350- $400 per year & they were saying he wasnt a good buy but they are only guessing how much he will cost us. Sounded like sour grapes from Blocker whoose opinion i dont take very strongly @ all.

Snake

Post by Snake » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 5:15 pm

Anasta is a very astute purchase this covers 2 to 3 positions ,mature,leader,kicker,thinker still a very handy NRL player with a lot to offer can't wait till he wears the Tigers jersey.

stryker

Post by stryker » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 8:01 pm

Just heard an interview with Anasta on the radio with Gibbsy.

He talked about how upset he was for Robbie yesterday and that when he did the coin toss with Benji he noted something was off with him. He then went on to say how excited he was to be a tiger next year and that he really didnt care where Sheensy played him.

He will be good for us. I have no doubts....

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Tue 19 Jun, 2012 2:06 am

Like I said we need his brain more than his body. Probably the opposite to you.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Tue 19 Jun, 2012 2:10 am

Sorry guys- posted in the wrong Anasta thread. Ignore the above post. My apologies.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

underdog

Post by underdog » Tue 19 Jun, 2012 8:02 am

Centaur wrote:On the continuous call team after the game one of them (Andrew Moore I think) suggested that Anasta was coming to the Tigers on a salary in the vicinity of $350k a year. I nearly drove off the road - that kind of money is ludicrous.
It was all but confirmed at the time of signing that Anasta will be on around 200k per year.

The 350k being bandied around might include Fox Sports commitments as well.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Tue 19 Jun, 2012 8:33 am

Braith plays good every week... While I really like what I'm seeing with the talent coming through for the Roosters, Braith will be a huge loss and I doubt they will be able to replace what he brings to the team.

It is somewhat crazy to judge him based on how he is currently playing, as the Tigers have a completely different structure and playing style. I'm glad to have Braith at 13 next year as his influence/control/competitiveness will be very effective and will complement Farah & Marshall brilliantly....

C'mon Braith... You still have a week to come over in 2012!!!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Chunky love machine

Post by Chunky love machine » Tue 19 Jun, 2012 5:19 pm

yeti wrote:
Chunky love machine wrote:
Chadman's Ghost wrote:He played as he normally plays- involved in much of the organising, enthusiastic, injects himself at the right times. He's a smart guy.

What I really noticed was that when the Roosters looked to be imploding & they started jawing at the refs, Anasta was yelling instructions at his players, getting them back in the game. There was a 10-15 minute period from about the 60th minute that held the balance of the game, and as it went on the Roosters started to fall apart. Once that started, you could see Anasta taking control.

Just think back to the times we've all thought the Tigers looked directionless, and then imagine what difference Anasta should make. I'd play him at 5/8 for the record, and let Sironen play off the bench for a year. If young Sironen is smart- he'll tag along with Anasta every day that Anasta is a Tiger, gleaming insights on how to be an on-field general from him.
Anasta is the biggest sook in rugby league. He practically cries at the ref every time something goes against him. I was so angry when I found out we had signed his washed up ass. I have spent years hating him from a Tigers supporters point of view. I hate him almost as much as Watmough and Brett Stewart, I will be getting rid of my Heighington jersey next year in case Anasta wears it and I'm mistaken for a fan of his. His druggy girlfriend has a face like a horse too, just for the record.
That would go down as about the most tasteless comment I have read on this forum. Say what you want about players but leave off family and friends. You should be ashamed of yourself mate.
I can live with it, Get over yourself champ!