Ayshford WOW

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 2pm, Sunday 12 June
Venue: Mt Smart Stadium, Aukland
Telecast: Ch9 4PM LIVE
hadds75
Member
Member
Posts: 448
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 9:47 pm

Ayshford WOW

Post by hadds75 » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 3:56 pm

I have NEVER rated Blake Ayshford. I thought he was alright, "solid" without being spectacular but that was close to the best game ive seen from a Tigers centre since McGuinness vs Dragons (Rd 2, 2001).

His really coming on, that fend is very good.


User avatar
Kul
Member
Member
Posts: 5918
Joined: Sat 04 Jul, 2009 12:24 am
Location: London

Post by Kul » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 3:58 pm

You've been blind then mate :lol:

Ayshford has been improving week in, week out. Why someone with 14 first grade games worth of experience is playing centre for NSW over someone like Ayshford is beyond me
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com

User avatar
jas83
Member
Member
Posts: 582
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 8:10 pm

Post by jas83 » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 3:59 pm

He was awesome. We really need him to stay fit and in the form his been the last 2 weeks. We are missing Lote and Lawrence strike power big time. Hopefully Blake keeps firing

User avatar
tiger05
Member
Member
Posts: 1649
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:02 pm

Post by tiger05 » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 3:59 pm

What a game. He is solid but in a good way. He should stay at centre.

hadds75
Member
Member
Posts: 448
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 9:47 pm

Post by hadds75 » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 4:00 pm

Kul wrote:You've been blind then mate :lol:

Ayshford has been improving week in, week out. Why someone with 14 first grade games worth of experience is playing centre for NSW over someone like Ayshford is beyond me
While ive been impressed with his last 3 weeks, his start to the season was nothing better than solid.

comments like that are a common misconception about how good our players are.


User avatar
underdog
Member
Member
Posts: 5323
Joined: Tue 27 Apr, 2010 5:25 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Post by underdog » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 4:01 pm

since his signing was announced, he's really stepped it up - I think he's Nines MOM.
Image

User avatar
Team Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 675
Joined: Thu 18 Mar, 2010 10:26 am

Post by Team Tiger » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 4:54 pm

His play in the last part of 2010 was outstanding.
WESTS TIGERS: Born in 1908... United in 2000.

X-Pac
Member
Member
Posts: 590
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 5:25 pm

Post by X-Pac » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 4:56 pm

Team Tiger wrote:His play in the last part of 2010 was outstanding.
i think he started the year on fire too ,it was only 2-3 weeks before he got a new contract he was avg
But than again so was the rest of the team

User avatar
Blackpearl
Member
Member
Posts: 1382
Joined: Thu 20 Aug, 2009 12:01 pm
Location: The burbs

Post by Blackpearl » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 5:00 pm

a;ways rated ayshford .... how good is simona as a rookie. f/g next week
I dislike sowfs immensely

User avatar
underdog
Member
Member
Posts: 5323
Joined: Tue 27 Apr, 2010 5:25 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Post by underdog » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 5:05 pm

Blackpearl wrote:a;ways rated ayshford .... how good is simona as a rookie. f/g next week
as much as im liking simona it'll be buh-bye when lawrence is back.

the idea of lawrence, tuiqiri, and a red hot ayshford in our backline is salivating.
Image

User avatar
biggest tigers fan
Member
Member
Posts: 1320
Joined: Sun 27 Sep, 2009 1:18 am

Post by biggest tigers fan » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 5:07 pm

simona wing instead of ryan/utai??
Number 1 souffs hater

User avatar
underdog
Member
Member
Posts: 5323
Joined: Tue 27 Apr, 2010 5:25 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Post by underdog » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 5:25 pm

biggest tigers fan wrote:simona wing instead of ryan/utai??
reckon ryan really deserves to be dropped? he's been good.

Utai didn't have a bad game for us when he wasn't injured, and only really had 1 or 2 average games.
Image

User avatar
biggest tigers fan
Member
Member
Posts: 1320
Joined: Sun 27 Sep, 2009 1:18 am

Post by biggest tigers fan » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 5:29 pm

underdog wrote:
biggest tigers fan wrote:simona wing instead of ryan/utai??
reckon ryan really deserves to be dropped? he's been good.

Utai didn't have a bad game for us when he wasn't injured, and only really had 1 or 2 average games.
no just looking to the future ryan and utai have been good this year but need faster wingers
Number 1 souffs hater

User avatar
biggest tigers fan
Member
Member
Posts: 1320
Joined: Sun 27 Sep, 2009 1:18 am

Post by biggest tigers fan » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 5:30 pm

i said after the first warriors game that ayshford should play origin but got slammed
Number 1 souffs hater

User avatar
underdog
Member
Member
Posts: 5323
Joined: Tue 27 Apr, 2010 5:25 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Post by underdog » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 5:35 pm

biggest tigers fan wrote:i said after the first warriors game that ayshford should play origin but got slammed
i think he's a better overall player than hoppa too. howeverr it's the blues loss.
Image

hadds75
Member
Member
Posts: 448
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 9:47 pm

Post by hadds75 » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 5:38 pm

Geez I think origin player is stretching it. For two reasons

1) Honestly there are better centres. Lets see him produce form like this for longer than a few games. He really hasnt offered anything in attack as a centre up until the last few weeks. Always been solid, and a good defender though.

2) Ayshford can not play LEFT centre. Looked horrible vs brisbane.
Last edited by hadds75 on Sun 12 Jun, 2011 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
biggest tigers fan
Member
Member
Posts: 1320
Joined: Sun 27 Sep, 2009 1:18 am

Post by biggest tigers fan » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 5:41 pm

hadds75 wrote:Geez I think origin player is stretching it. For two reasons

1) Honestly there are better centres. Lets see him produce form like this for longer than a few games. He really hasnt offered anything in attack as a centre up until the last few weeks. Always been solid, and a good defender though.

2) Ayshford can not play centre. Looked horrible vs brisbane.
Rubbish,hes in our top 5 players most weeks and im a fan of him and his runs. :mrgreen:
Number 1 souffs hater

User avatar
Moh
Member
Member
Posts: 563
Joined: Tue 27 Oct, 2009 2:46 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Post by Moh » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 5:44 pm

What Ayshford is doing now is why I was shocked to read peoples opinions of him on here.

The kid has looked like a champion since he debuted and just continues to improve.

Post Reply