the bench

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Monday 26 March 7:00PM
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: Fox2
TigerDave81

Re: the bench

Post by TigerDave81 » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 6:15 am

You called it early Dale. I like you, think Sheens is a great coach but tonight's bench was a joke.

We went up against one of the biggest packs in the comp with 2 lightweights on the bench who didn't play until 20 minutes to go! What was the strategy. These guys are rookies who don't have the confidence to attack the line, who don't have the confidence to over call benji, so all they were going to be were liabilities and only capable of a few dummy half runs!! Sheens u outsmarted your self!! Junior moors should have been their with another forward. Stop trying to re-invent the wheel. To be succesful in this comp u need a big strong, fast, mobile forward pack. All the top teams have it - Storm, dragons, dogs, broncos, while the teams struggling don't - us, parra, titans!!! It ain't rocket science!!

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 8:14 am

That was a real poor use of the bench. The outside backs who Sheens is picking on the bench aren't exactly game-breakers either.

I would like to see more of Moors who has only impressed when called upon. He would have been quite handy last night.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 8:38 am

The really sad thing is the halves saw their cleanest, quickest ball when Meaney was playing at hooker

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 8:51 am

Well, hats off to you Dale, you put it out there and called it.

If I were Moors I'd be picking up the phone to Penriff...
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 9:00 am

The bench was too light, there is no doubt about that.

However, a bigger issue is Sheens' use of the bench. By the time he brought Humble on the game was as good as over because our players were out on their feet. We need to have a better rotation of our forwards. Humble should have been brought on after 25 mins to sharpen us up and give Fulton a spell. Fulton could then return in the second row and provide us with some much needed starch on the flanks.

I am starting to wonder whether Sheens uses the early games for conditioning.

Alf Duguid

Post by Alf Duguid » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 9:03 am

Why does he do it? Is there a game plan he has in mind?

He surely still can't be using the 2005 game plan that revolved around quick play the balls can he? has he noticed that the ruck has slowed down considerably

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 9:09 am

The annoying thing for me is that last year the excuse for cutting players was that we needed to beef up as the game had changed. I supported letting those players go for this reason yet we seem a lot lighter this year than ever. I just dont understand it.

underdog

Post by underdog » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 9:59 am

I'm running out of excuses for Sheens to my work colleagues....

2 forwards on the bench last night was horribly exposed by the complete glut of possession that Canberra got.

It may have actually worked if we had kept the ball, and kept disciplined. Chris Lawrence alluded to it in the post game interview he gave - that they had a specific plan in mind from early on in the week, which due to silly errors they could not adhere to.

No excuses though, I think the plan could have worked just as well with moors on the bench, and Bell Starting in lieu of Groat, and we would have been able to see off any pressure the Raider brought to us....

tigerlogic

Post by tigerlogic » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 1:08 pm

Alf r u serious?!!! The game plan changed within two seasons of 2005 when prince left...
Bag sheens (if u MUST) but do it semi intelligently if possible...
Sheens is not the reason the players r playing s***, there is nobody in the lower grades that are going better than the first graders!
Moors is no better than the blokes already out there, too many ppl rate him because of how he stands out in that low standard competition in nsw cup but when he plays nrl he is no better than the others!
Players need to be accountable and own their nightmare

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 1:17 pm

tigerlogic wrote:Alf r u serious?!!! The game plan changed within two seasons of 2005 when prince left...
Bag sheens (if u MUST) but do it semi intelligently if possible...
Sheens is not the reason the players r playing s***, there is nobody in the lower grades that are going better than the first graders!
Moors is no better than the blokes already out there, too many ppl rate him because of how he stands out in that low standard competition in nsw cup but when he plays nrl he is no better than the others!
Players need to be accountable and own their nightmare

Moors was just about our best forward last week. Please don't give me this rubbish and say he isn't better than what we have, that is garbage.

Moors and BMM have been our best forwards.

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 4:38 pm

Of course we have to blame Sheens ,or dosent he recruit our players .Farahs out we use a back rower,backed up by last weeks fullback.
Sheens has always made these kinds of errors.
Like HT said,Moors was one of our better forwards last week.
We sign up Reddy, why not a big fast young winger who will do what a winger is there for .Ryan is our best player ,but is he seriously a speedy winger who hits it up with some force.
Do people really think we are premiership material just because we have lote and big keithy to come back .
Yes Sheens is the problem , the place is stale and he cannot get the players up.
They have all heard the same old for years,even the great jack gibson knew when it was time to move on .

Tigerdale

Post by Tigerdale » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 11:00 pm

letter posted in the normal part of the forum