Do Or Die

ImageImageImage
Merlot Tiger

Re: Do Or Die

Post by Merlot Tiger » Wed 01 Aug, 2012 3:05 pm

I don't know why, as I have been critical of the Tigers for most of the year, but I feel if we get into the finals we might start to get into shape. I think IF we get in, the pressure of trying to make the 8 will slip away and some decent football might start to be produced and there's a good chance we might surprise some teams. But of course there is a massive question mark over whether we'll make it into the finals. We need to comprehensively beat a plucky Parramatta side who have nothing to lose and then the real key is to follow it up with a tough, dominant win over the Dragons. Only then I might start to feel a little better about our future for the season.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 01 Aug, 2012 4:08 pm

We have to win 4 of our last 5 to make the 8 with our current For and Against

Seeing that 2 of these games are v the Dogs and the Storm I think that answers your question

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 01 Aug, 2012 4:11 pm

'Fraid it's a little late for that attitude. I think Joel Caine called it right when he said the boys had racked the cue.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Wed 01 Aug, 2012 4:58 pm

We are the walking dead.
Parra are playing with no pressure at all on them and nothing to lose, just going out relaxed and having fun that's when teams are dangerous.

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Wed 01 Aug, 2012 6:58 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote:We"ll never die. Only one team can win the comp.
Why can't that team be us?

Citizen Tiger

Post by Citizen Tiger » Wed 01 Aug, 2012 8:20 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:'Fraid it's a little late for that attitude. I think Joel Caine called it right when he said the boys had racked the cue.
Regret to say that it's true. Missing the semis isn't what hurts, it's the body language, which is screaming for the whole embarrassing campaign to end. No matter how many hands are on hips, heads bowed or cliches trotted out, I think these blokes have hoisted the white flag. Balmain were pretty atrocious in the seventies, but even when being flogged, they put in. I don't ever remember Wests, no matter how bad the season was going, switching off. Pride used to be a major characteristic of first grade footballers, sadly no more

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 01 Aug, 2012 8:29 pm

Well Ive lost all interest just about, couldnt really give a rats....my thoughts are even if we do jag a spot in the 8....we really havent earnt it, and dont really deserve to be playing finals footy....but thats the case often with 8th spot which is usually a 50% win/loss ratio...that shouldnt be rewarded and is usually, rightfully...first one punted when the real stuff kicks in

Gazman

Post by Gazman » Wed 01 Aug, 2012 8:36 pm

Like to think positive, but if we beat the eels who have nothing to lose we only survive another week, there is nothing in our recent form to suggest we will trouble the Dogs, or the Storm second time around, and the Roosters and St George are a 50/50 chance at best and neither of these teams guaranteed to increase our F & A. I think with the games we shoulda coulda won its too late now for these final throws of the dice and with this not being 2005 I cant see us pulling of any miracle finishes to the finals with the makeshift team positions we are throwing together weekly. I only want to see them make an effort even if we lose each week. The game against Souths was exactly what I dont want as a memory of the 2012 season.

stryker

Post by stryker » Wed 01 Aug, 2012 8:59 pm

Do or die was a month ago. It is far too late. This ship is heading the wrong direction and there isnt enough time to turn it around.

I am currently of the same mindset I had of the Wests Tigers in the early years...I love watching them play, get excited on game day but have no preconceived notions of victory. A win is a bonus.

claws

Post by claws » Wed 01 Aug, 2012 9:47 pm

I don't think the Weststigers have given up, we only got beat 12-6 in the second half last week. That demonstrates the boys have pride. Most people thought Souths were going to put 50 on us, including myself. Have faith! The boys will compete, we just need to compete for 80mins. Go Weststigers!

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 01 Aug, 2012 9:51 pm

stryker wrote:Do or die was a month ago. It is far too late. This ship is heading the wrong direction and there isnt enough time to turn it around.

I am currently of the same mindset I had of the Wests Tigers in the early years...I love watching them play, get excited on game day but have no preconceived notions of victory. A win is a bonus.
That's a fair assessment Stryker, but given the squad and what the large majority of it achieved in the last two years it shouldn't be that way. I will be always hopeful until we are confirmed to be out of the finals race, but if we do limp in it will be as Ink said... It won't be earned.

We squandered this season, plain and simple.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 01 Aug, 2012 9:53 pm

Citizen Tiger wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:'Fraid it's a little late for that attitude. I think Joel Caine called it right when he said the boys had racked the cue.
Regret to say that it's true. Missing the semis isn't what hurts, it's the body language, which is screaming for the whole embarrassing campaign to end. No matter how many hands are on hips, heads bowed or cliches trotted out, I think these blokes have hoisted the white flag. Balmain were pretty atrocious in the seventies, but even when being flogged, they put in. I don't ever remember Wests, no matter how bad the season was going, switching off. Pride used to be a major characteristic of first grade footballers, sadly no more
That's it isn't it CT? In their previous incarnations, Wests nor Balmain ever gave up. They were lapped at times, but never through lack of trying.

I can hack missing out if we're not good enough. The body language at times says that they just do not want to be there.
Madge's Maulers.

tigermaniac

Post by tigermaniac » Wed 01 Aug, 2012 9:58 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Citizen Tiger wrote:
That's it isn't it CT? In their previous incarnations, Wests nor Balmain ever gave up. They were lapped at times, but never through lack of trying.

I can hack missing out if we're not good enough. The body language at times says that they just do not want to be there.
Nailed it.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

glebe_tiger

Post by glebe_tiger » Thu 02 Aug, 2012 7:30 am

with the new finals format i'd be very surprised if someone in positions 5-8 does win the comp. i know we cant compare AFL to NRL but it will be interesting to see in 10yrs time where the winners have come from.

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom » Thu 02 Aug, 2012 12:02 pm

foreveratiger wrote:
Golden wrote:It is as simple as that if we can't beat the last placed eels at home in a desperate win to try and make the 8 then we might as well pack up for mad monday and take the rest of the 4 weeks off.

This is without a doubt DO or DIE. it is the definition of a DO or Die Game, all you people that will think if we lose we are still a chance are in fairyland dreaming because as I said last place team at home no Hayne it's handed for us to take.
Stop holding on to hope we are gone . Yeah mathematically and the rest . Our for and against is woeful and there is no indication in this team that we are gonna win by 30+ in the next few weeks which is required to turn this for and against around. The defence against the Rabbits was so embarrassing (shirt grabbing).
We don't even deserve being in the 8, the 7 games in a row we won was a false indication and people were getting there hopes up but look back to those games and we had alot of lucky wins.
I know i sound negative but i'm being very realistic and will have our pants pulled down if we got in the semis , so why have the heartache for . Hopefully the board wakes up at the end of the year and realise the club needs to go in a different direction and that Sheens must go if not the board needs to sack themselves.
I don,t like saying this, but I think you are spot on.We are not going to make the 8 and we probably don,t deserve to be there.

lethalleftedge

Post by lethalleftedge » Thu 02 Aug, 2012 4:04 pm

weird stuff is happening in this comp this year -i wouldnt discount anything happening
the time to be in form is the last few games of the year -the only battle is to be a part of those games
Surely some good fortune is due for the Tigers

underdog

Post by underdog » Thu 02 Aug, 2012 4:19 pm

lose to bulldogs, lose to storm.

win the rest.

30 points gets us there.

it's not a hard formula.

Then the finals are a new game altogether.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Thu 02 Aug, 2012 4:25 pm

Whilst ever we have a mathematical chance I have no choice but to believe it will happen