Hot off the press...

Demps

Re: Hot off the press...

Post by Demps » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:41 pm

momo&medo wrote:
Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:37 pm
TIGER wrote:
Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:31 pm
Agree, to me Brooks had one job tonight and that was to finish our sets with a quality kick, and he failed.
He once again failed to take control of his team when we needed him to, in my opinion.

I'd run with Lolohea and Reynolds in the halves next year because I think we might have found our new fullback, call me crazy but I would offer Kevie a new contract and keep him at the back after the performances i've seen of him playing there for his country and on the few occasions he's played there for us. I'm sorry but Brooks has never floated my boat and it's time to look at other options.
:o
Lol cant see it happening.
Chill tho.

As stated, the boys will improve with the classy signings we've made for 2018
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:42 pm

Sabre wrote:
Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:10 pm
Was happy with him tonight.
Our problem was in the forwards, Sue and Lovett both dreadful.
Agree, I don't think people realise just how much a weak forward pack can weigh down the halfbacks. Our forwards, with the exception of ET and Eisenhuth, were absolutely owned tonight and the play the balls were going at a snail's pace. I don't care if you're Cooper Cronk, there's not much you can do behind a forward pack made out of tissues.
Tigers tragic since 1980.

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:46 pm

Club Sandwich wrote:
Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:42 pm
Sabre wrote:
Agree, I don't think people realise just how much a weak forward pack can weigh down the halfbacks. Our forwards, with the exception of ET and Eisenhuth, were absolutely owned tonight and the play the balls were going at a snail's pace. I don't care if you're Cooper Cronk, there's not much you can do behind a forward pack made out of tissues.
Yes and I think Ivan still has a way to go to get our pack right for next year.
Our bench and lower grades stocks are currently z grade.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:50 pm

Club Sandwich wrote:
Sabre wrote:
Thought we went okay in the midddle, with edges being the issue, though the stupid decision by Ava didn't help our opening to the match.

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:57 pm

formerguest wrote:
Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:50 pm
Club Sandwich wrote:
Sabre wrote:
Thought we went okay in the midddle, with edges being the issue, though the stupid decision by Ava didn't help our opening to the match.
But the fact that we survived that period says something for our defensive structure.
I do agree that edge defence is still not improving and that is a constant worry.

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 11:01 pm

momo&medo wrote:
Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:35 pm
Tigers17 wrote:
Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:23 pm
I just love the fact that I can log on every so often and read the absolute thrash that is written.
It is the ultimate " pick me up", after a tight game.
Brooks is a dog, Lolohea is useless, if Ivan signs Eastwood he's as bad as JT.
Tiger's got beat on the bell tonight by the reining premiers, we are last on the ladder, Sharks-what 2nd or 3rd.
Yeah they had players out, but how many did we have out of our top 17.
We didn't get beat by 20 plus, we got beat at the death by 2.
Why put the boot in all the time.
I agree ..... we should be more positive particularly about how things are developing for next year.

But I can also understand how some people on here (including me) are just desperate to have some positives out of their weekend footy.

I am a patient person .... had to be supporting the Magpies for all those years with minimal success on the field with continual loss of good players. Then all the drama since WT became the team. I pretty much knew that things would slide after winning that premiership but I have high hopes for 2018 and beyond.
I agree, we are close to rock bottom and still competing with better sides most weeks. The loss hurt for half an hour or so, but really ill take that effort from the new blood any day of the week. Big shout out to tui, eisenhuth, Esan and MWZ, they all showed more than guys who have been selected in the last few years and I hope that the first 3 at least get an extended run in FG. Personally I'd pick all 4 next week and would be telling Mat and Esan that form like that will see them play 100 games in the next 5 years.

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 11:10 pm

Dont really think even a good forward pack could make Luke play any better. He would continue to put grubbers into legs and go for hero plays like one on one steals or intercept s . We've dug another grav e in signing this guy up.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 11:35 pm

Personally I just felt sorry for him playing behind so little go forward. Handing over nice passes to Lovett no less.

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Sun 18 Jun, 2017 12:44 am

Tigers17 wrote:
I just love the fact that I can log on every so often and read the absolute thrash that is written.
Tiger's got beat on the bell tonight by the reining premiers, we are last on the ladder, Sharks-what 2nd or 3rd.
Because this side is a disgrace. Had the Sharks had a full compliment of players they would have put 40 on us. Who were we missing? Tedesco.. He hasn't done alot this year for us anyway and the less said about Captain Mudguts the better.

Cronulla couldn't have played any worse and still won. Our attack is so one dimensional it's embarrassing. Alot of our players try but most are not up to first grade standard and it shows week in and week out.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 18 Jun, 2017 8:53 am

Brooks was involved in 3 of their tries
Each time ineffective

He really needs to improve in that department

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 18 Jun, 2017 8:56 am

Love the WestsTigers wrote:
Sun 18 Jun, 2017 8:53 am
Each time ineffective

One of them was most unfortunate where Brooks demonstrated great pace to run down one of the Sharks' halves who had 20 metres or so on him. The impact of the tackle and the slippery nature of the ground saw him slide off the tackle. I looked at his effort and it was there. He also saved a try in the first half immediately before half time.

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Sun 18 Jun, 2017 9:06 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sun 18 Jun, 2017 8:56 am
Each time ineffective

One of them was most unfortunate where Brooks demonstrated great pace to run down one of the Sharks' halves who had 20 metres or so on him. The impact of the tackle and the slippery nature of the ground saw him slide off the tackle. I looked at his effort and it was there. He also saved a try in the first half immediately before half time.
And yet good players make those tackles and are the difference between winning and losing.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 18 Jun, 2017 9:12 am

cqtiger wrote:
Sun 18 Jun, 2017 9:06 am
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sun 18 Jun, 2017 8:56 am
Each time ineffective

And yet good players make those tackles and are the difference between winning and losing.
Most halves wouldn't have made the tackle for the reason they don't posses Brooks' pace. The effort was there and while disappointed, someone in the defensive line was missing tackles.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sun 18 Jun, 2017 9:16 am

Sabre wrote:
x2

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 18 Jun, 2017 9:18 am

shane2801 wrote:
Sun 18 Jun, 2017 12:44 am
Tigers17 wrote:
Because this side is a disgrace. Had the Sharks had a full compliment of players they would have put 40 on us. Who were we missing? Tedesco.. He hasn't done alot this year for us anyway and the less said about Captain Mudguts the better.

Cronulla couldn't have played any worse and still won. Our attack is so one dimensional it's embarrassing. Alot of our players try but most are not up to first grade standard and it shows week in and week out.
This is what kills me .
Every team we play against stoops down to our level like its a training run , then with that extra ability the opposition finish us off time and time again .
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sun 18 Jun, 2017 9:18 am

old man tiger wrote:
Sat 17 Jun, 2017 11:01 pm
momo&medo wrote:
Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:35 pm
Tigers17 wrote:
I agree ..... we should be more positive particularly about how things are developing for next year.

But I can also understand how some people on here (including me) are just desperate to have some positives out of their weekend footy.

I am a patient person .... had to be supporting the Magpies for all those years with minimal success on the field with continual loss of good players. Then all the drama since WT became the team. I pretty much knew that things would slide after winning that premiership but I have high hopes for 2018 and beyond.
I agree, we are close to rock bottom and still competing with better sides most weeks. The loss hurt for half an hour or so, but really ill take that effort from the new blood any day of the week. Big shout out to tui, eisenhuth, Esan and MWZ, they all showed more than guys who have been selected in the last few years and I hope that the first 3 at least get an extended run in FG. Personally I'd pick all 4 next week and would be telling Mat and Esan that form like that will see them play 100 games in the next 5 years.
Well said omt

Tuiaki Chicken Wings

Post by Tuiaki Chicken Wings » Sun 18 Jun, 2017 9:25 am

When your lead second row option is Lovett I can understand why he took on the line so much. He was good in patches, defence has improved, kicks were average but understandable after a period out. He will improve with a better group next year.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 18 Jun, 2017 10:30 am

Why do people continually blame forwards for Brooks inability to finish our set with a decent kick?

I'm not expecting Brooks to run riot in attack playing behind our current pack, but I am expecting him to do one job and that is finish our set with a decent kick.
I don't care if he doesn't touch the ball until the last tackle as long as he has steered the team to a position on the field where he can position himself to get a good kick away then execute that kick.
Did I see Lovett kicking at one stage?
It's not good enough!!!
Next year I'd play Reynolds and Lolohea in the halves, Kevie at fullback.
I'd give Reynolds the kicking duties and Brooks can go and work on his game management in Reggie's.