Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

TigerTiger

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by TigerTiger » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 8:18 am

TigersBusDriver wrote:
Tue 13 Feb, 2018 4:54 pm
TigersBusDriver wrote:
Tue 13 Feb, 2018 4:51 pm
Some on here are much too sensitive. SG, whether right or wrong, created discussion and as of yet he is still not wrong. He said sometime this week, we will wait and see before making our judgment.
Also, I seem to remember another user on this forum (can't seem to remember the name) also confirming that Barba was signing with the club, yet SG got all the stick? Some here seem to have a vendetta.
Teddy something, 23 perhaps said that he confirmed it.
Rumours are all good, we love them sure, just if it's a rumour present it as a rumour, not as a fact. To my recollection, last week they were saying that we were a big chance to sign so and so, it wasn't concrete.
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 8:25 am

So with the kid been elevated to the top 30, that only leaves one seat on the bus and I guess one baby seat to replace the one, the kid was in.
You would imagine this contract was at the lower end of the scale, so that should leave a healthy amount to direct at no 30 and this also could be related to recent speculation.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 8:45 am

A few years back Wasn’t there someone in the Broncos set up that was linking stuff to the Courier Mail or some other rag. Some of the Broncos players/squad suspected who it was. So they told only the sus player a made up story that he leaked. The next day he had apicture of a rat on his locker.
Maybe the WTs are onto SG.
in Ivan we distrust

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 8:48 am

supercoach wrote:
Wed 14 Feb, 2018 8:25 am
So with the kid been elevated to the top 30, that only leaves one seat on the bus and I guess one baby seat to replace the one, the kid was in.
You would imagine this contract was at the lower end of the scale, so that should leave a healthy amount to direct at no 30 and this also could be related to recent speculation.
I'm not sure that it means that he has already been elevated to the Top 30. I think the original article saying he had signed was misleading. And I think Pommy was saying that he is training well and he might be elevated to the top squad. If he is though (or we get someone on similar coin), we would have $1m left for the last spot...

And say we get 2 young ones, leaving $900k roughly for this year which we could front end contracts with. We could offer a certain Penrith halfback $4m over 3 years, without batting an eyelid. Like to see them beat that.
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 9:06 am

TigerTiger wrote:
Wed 14 Feb, 2018 8:48 am
supercoach wrote:
Wed 14 Feb, 2018 8:25 am
I'm not sure that it means that he has already been elevated to the Top 30. I think the original article saying he had signed was misleading. And I think Pommy was saying that he is training well and he might be elevated to the top squad. If he is though (or we get someone on similar coin), we would have $1m left for the last spot...

And say we get 2 young ones, leaving $900k roughly for this year which we could front end contracts with. We could offer a certain Penrith halfback $4m over 3 years, without batting an eyelid. Like to see them beat that.
The article said he had been elevated to the top 30, so I would have thought that would mean he has also had his contract upgraded. Anyway if it has not been upgraded Iam sure it’s not far away, given Pom’s post and this article.

Seantice

Post by Seantice » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 9:17 am

Tigerdon wrote:
Wed 14 Feb, 2018 8:45 am
A few years back Wasn’t there someone in the Broncos set up that was linking stuff to the Courier Mail or some other rag. Some of the Broncos players/squad suspected who it was. So they told only the sus player a made up story that he leaked. The next day he had apicture of a rat on his locker.
yeah it was Josh maguire..

I dont know who is coming. I do know that we have a mill to use so at least we can get quality.

teddy23

Post by teddy23 » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 9:56 am

TigerTiger wrote:
Wed 14 Feb, 2018 8:18 am
TigersBusDriver wrote:
Tue 13 Feb, 2018 4:54 pm
TigersBusDriver wrote:
Tue 13 Feb, 2018 4:51 pm
Some on here are much too sensitive. SG, whether right or wrong, created discussion and as of yet he is still not wrong. He said sometime this week, we will wait and see before making our judgment.
Also, I seem to remember another user on this forum (can't seem to remember the name) also confirming that Barba was signing with the club, yet SG got all the stick? Some here seem to have a vendetta.
Teddy something, 23 perhaps said that he confirmed it.
Rumours are all good, we love them sure, just if it's a rumour present it as a rumour, not as a fact. To my recollection, last week they were saying that we were a big chance to sign so and so, it wasn't concrete.
It was me, I never confirmed a signing but..... I just confirmed the fact that SG was talking about Barba when he left everyone on hold with a mystery player.... I was told the club looked at Barba, so SG isn’t telling fibs but if his info goes deeper that we’re a red hot chance to sign him then I believe him cause his put some stuff on here that he has posted which has deemed to be correct!

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 10:16 am

Tigerdon wrote:
Wed 14 Feb, 2018 8:45 am
Yeah it was Macguire, The players knew someone was leaking info so they told him a loose yarn and the next day it was the back page of the courier mail.
I think it was his manager from what I read who was actually leaking the stories to the press.

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 11:44 am

Todd Carney stars in Northern Pride cameo

AuthorTimestamp

Share on social mediaShare via FacebookShare via TwiiterShare via Whats-appShare via Email

Tonsillitis could not stop Todd Carney ending his 1323-day Australian rugby league exile with a typically razzle-dazzle display for the Northern Pride.

Carney got out of his sick bed to play a cameo in the Pride's 28-22 loss to the Mackay Cutters in a trial in Townsville on Saturday night in preparation for the upcoming Intrust Super Cup season.

The 31-year-old's previous match in Australia was the Cronulla Sharks' 24-22 win over the Brisbane Broncos on June 27, 2014.

He subsequently had his contract terminated by the Sharks after his infamous "bubbling" off-field incident and was deregistered by the NRL.

His rugby league return in his homeland after a stint in the Super League has the full backing of Northern Pride CEO Greg Dowling who said Carney's opening cameo for the club was a stunner.

"The poor bugger came down with tonsillitis three days before the game and was on medication, but he came out at five-eighth and showed great courage and how he is a class above everyone in this competition in the 20 minutes he was out there," Dowling told NRL.com.

"After 10 minutes he was looking for air with his throat all swollen but he wanted a hit-out and we gave it to him because he hasn't played since the end of the Super League season.

"He set up a try, kicked goals from the sideline, kicked brilliantly in general play and steered the side around, which I was hoping he would do."

Dowling said Cairns was buzzing over what Carney could do for the Northern Pride this year.

"From the first day he turned up at training the boys were all throwing 30 metre cut-out passes and chip-kicking from their own quarter-line, so he had the desired effect,"  Dowling said.

"He has lifted everyone and they have all been training the house down since he arrived. They don't take easy options, they flog each other and they all compete.

"Morale has been high and he has spent a lot of time with our young halves and fullbacks and doing all the extras before training and helping them.

"When the poor bugger came off the field on the weekend he was sucking in the big ones and there were people everywhere trying to get selfies with him, but he accommodated them all."

Dowling believes Carney will secure a deal in the NRL by the end of the year

"I think he will be here for the year and they will have a look at him," Dowling said.

"There are NRL clubs interested in him but they are just waiting to see what the NRL Integrity Unit does

Well Ivans in town today
What's the chances
What do you guys think
Or do we have enough halves

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 12:03 pm

Cairnstigers wrote:
Wed 14 Feb, 2018 11:44 am
Todd Carney stars in Northern Pride cameo

AuthorTimestamp

Share on social mediaShare via FacebookShare via TwiiterShare via Whats-appShare via Email

Tonsillitis could not stop Todd Carney ending his 1323-day Australian rugby league exile with a typically razzle-dazzle display for the Northern Pride.

Carney got out of his sick bed to play a cameo in the Pride's 28-22 loss to the Mackay Cutters in a trial in Townsville on Saturday night in preparation for the upcoming Intrust Super Cup season.

The 31-year-old's previous match in Australia was the Cronulla Sharks' 24-22 win over the Brisbane Broncos on June 27, 2014.

He subsequently had his contract terminated by the Sharks after his infamous "bubbling" off-field incident and was deregistered by the NRL.

His rugby league return in his homeland after a stint in the Super League has the full backing of Northern Pride CEO Greg Dowling who said Carney's opening cameo for the club was a stunner.

"The poor bugger came down with tonsillitis three days before the game and was on medication, but he came out at five-eighth and showed great courage and how he is a class above everyone in this competition in the 20 minutes he was out there," Dowling told NRL.com.

"After 10 minutes he was looking for air with his throat all swollen but he wanted a hit-out and we gave it to him because he hasn't played since the end of the Super League season.

"He set up a try, kicked goals from the sideline, kicked brilliantly in general play and steered the side around, which I was hoping he would do."

Dowling said Cairns was buzzing over what Carney could do for the Northern Pride this year.

"From the first day he turned up at training the boys were all throwing 30 metre cut-out passes and chip-kicking from their own quarter-line, so he had the desired effect,"  Dowling said.

"He has lifted everyone and they have all been training the house down since he arrived. They don't take easy options, they flog each other and they all compete.

"Morale has been high and he has spent a lot of time with our young halves and fullbacks and doing all the extras before training and helping them.

"When the poor bugger came off the field on the weekend he was sucking in the big ones and there were people everywhere trying to get selfies with him, but he accommodated them all."

Dowling believes Carney will secure a deal in the NRL by the end of the year

"I think he will be here for the year and they will have a look at him," Dowling said.

"There are NRL clubs interested in him but they are just waiting to see what the NRL Integrity Unit does

Well Ivans in town today
What's the chances
What do you guys think
Or do we have enough halves
I think Carney's best days are behind him and we already signed one 30+ half named Benji to help the young blokes out, don't really need another.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 1:47 pm

I don't think that he would fit into Ivan's or the clubs new culture, ie no DH's.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 2:15 pm

Donald Trump wrote:
Wed 14 Feb, 2018 8:04 am
krayola wrote:
Wed 14 Feb, 2018 2:45 am
happy tiger wrote:
Wed 14 Feb, 2018 1:31 am
But that is the problems with rumours , things can change so quickly ....in less than 12 hours sometimes

But my issue was the Anasta match fixing thread from a few years ago and the repercussions with the WT's management thereafter that is extremely concerning
Huh? What Anasta match fixing thread? Tell more...
Trumpy missed that one too. Spill the beans! And btw, this is a forum full of rumours and innuendo. Who cares if the stuff is true or not. It’s great banter!
Back in 2014, SG said he was told by Tim Sheens that the Tigers, specifically Anasta, had thrown a game and had evidence.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18895&p=442340#p442340
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 2:42 pm

Masterton wrote:
Wed 14 Feb, 2018 2:15 pm
Donald Trump wrote:
Wed 14 Feb, 2018 8:04 am
krayola wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
But that is the problems with rumours , things can change so quickly ....in less than 12 hours sometimes

But my issue was the Anasta match fixing thread from a few years ago and the repercussions with the WT's management thereafter that is extremely concerning
Trumpy missed that one too. Spill the beans! And btw, this is a forum full of rumours and innuendo. Who cares if the stuff is true or not. It’s great banter!
Back in 2014, SG said he was told by Tim Sheens that the Tigers, specifically Anasta, had thrown a game and had evidence.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18895&p=442340#p442340
I read the thread and was wiating with baited breath on the big reveal in October................. That never happened.

For what its worth i thought Anasta tanked every game he played for us. So to highlight that one intercept is unfair. ;)

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 3:02 pm

Who left the club end of 2013, went to the cowboys and then ends up back in Sydney what last year? Was that when he popped up again. I’m keen to crack this.

will1999

Post by will1999 » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 3:05 pm

so no big signing this week :(

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 3:14 pm

Needaname wrote:
Wed 14 Feb, 2018 3:02 pm
Who left the club end of 2013, went to the cowboys and then ends up back in Sydney what last year? Was that when he popped up again. I’m keen to crack this.
Te Marie Martin?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 6:48 pm

krayola wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

After some Friday night game a few years ago (2013 ??) , SG had some text messages that apparently linked Braith to match fixing

Look it up if you like , sure it will be somewhere , it was closed so you can't bring it back up

Then the club found out some more stuff and someone got sacked by Mayer

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 7:18 pm

Needaname wrote:
Wed 14 Feb, 2018 3:02 pm
Robert Lui