Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

TigersBusDriver

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by TigersBusDriver » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 8:06 pm

teddy23 wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 5:37 pm
Tacky wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 5:11 pm
teddy23 wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 5:02 pm
Could you imagine if we instered Nathan Cleary into the side we have now... with the pack we’ve got and the outside backs who continue to dominate!
Halfback, Fullback, Winger, Center, Second Rower. That's what we need for the coming seasons. It's all about talent and attacking flair. It's very obvious that we lack it at the moment.
Fullback I can agree on along with a second rower but I think we’re pretty stacked in regards to wingers and centres.
Quality wise, not really no. Kev offers nothing in attack really. However, I have been impressed by Thompson on the wing and presume we will continue with Nofo on the other wing. I'm fine with that. Although we need to find a better replacement for Kev

teddy23

Post by teddy23 » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 8:26 pm

TigersBusDriver wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 8:06 pm
teddy23 wrote:
Tacky wrote:
teddy23 wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 5:02 pm
Could you imagine if we instered Nathan Cleary into the side we have now... with the pack we’ve got and the outside backs who continue to dominate!
Halfback, Fullback, Winger, Center, Second Rower. That's what we need for the coming seasons. It's all about talent and attacking flair. It's very obvious that we lack it at the moment.
Fullback I can agree on along with a second rower but I think we’re pretty stacked in regards to wingers and centres.
Quality wise, not really no. Kev offers nothing in attack really. However, I have been impressed by Thompson on the wing and presume we will continue with Nofo on the other wing. I'm fine with that. Although we need to find a better replacement for Kev
Milne, Mahe and MCK are good enough I'd say, wouldn't be complaining but if we did sign a centre.

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 8:41 pm

teddy23 wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 8:26 pm
TigersBusDriver wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 8:06 pm
teddy23 wrote:
Tacky wrote:

Milne, Mahe and MCK are good enough I'd say, wouldn't be complaining but if we did sign a centre.
We definitely need a centre, we only have Marsters and Milne if we're being frank.

Wing is covered with Mahe, MWZ, Thompson, Nofo as well with the halves, think about it, we have Benji, Brooks, Reynolds, Gamble in ISP.
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

kingbrooks

Post by kingbrooks » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 9:15 pm

We need outside backs in general. We do have a stack of them, but we really lack some class outside backs.

Fullback, Centre and even a really quick winger wouldn't hurt.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 9:33 pm

We lack speed in our backline.as effective as our sliding defence is we have NOBODY that can finish from 30+ mtrs out.
Dont get me wrong i am extatic with our current form but we dont have a lot of pointscoring

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 9:53 pm

After watching the Matty Johns show the Ivan and Nathan combo will happen at some stage and I hope its with us.

Fletch said they should start a betting market of what year the Wests Tigers sign Nathan.

Mickeyboy

Post by Mickeyboy » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 10:44 pm

ku5tom wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 9:53 pm
After watching the Matty Johns show the Ivan and Nathan combo will happen at some stage and I hope its with us.

Fletch said they should start a betting market of what year the Wests Tigers sign Nathan.
That would be fantastic and I would absolutely love it to happen, but in the back of my mind I am really dreading that Unca Nicky gets to them both first.

teddy23

Post by teddy23 » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 11:19 pm

ku5tom wrote:

What happened on the show?

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 12:04 am

teddy23 wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 11:19 pm
ku5tom wrote:

What happened on the show?
Ivan was asked about it and said they have spoken about it and its a very unique opportunity and would love to coach him but said the timing would need to be right.

Also I thought this was funny

Elderslie Tiger

Post by Elderslie Tiger » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 9:18 am

It was nice to hear that Ivan CLEARY has 3 year deal with WT and Nathan 2 with Panthers.Pascoe and the Board need to get on their bike and extend his contract to 5 years.Ivan would have to be the best coach since Tim Sheens and players will want to play for him which will be a bonus when negotiations take place he seems a cool customer and not afraid to make the hard decisions.I dont know if many picked it up last night on Matty Johns show at the end Matty congratulated Ivan on what a good kid Nathan was Ivans quick reply was he has a good mother speaks volumes about the man

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 9:30 am

jadtiger wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 9:33 pm
We lack speed in our backline.as effective as our sliding defence is we have NOBODY that can finish from 30+ mtrs out.
Dont get me wrong i am extatic with our current form but we dont have a lot of pointscoring
You would think if we had some real speed out wide we would have scored possible two trys in the corner against the Storm when they failed to catch a couple of high balls and we made a quick shift with the scraps. As it turned out they round us in with ease.

Although I still think with so many new faces and Liddle still to come back our attack will be clunky for another 6 weeks at least

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 9:35 am

I think we'll look to offer a 'Cleary' package. Extend Ivan and sign Nathan at the time.

Ivan's shown enough already to lock him in longer. Stability for 4-5 years will do this club a world of good.

Besides the players, we should also look at Pascoe. He's been here for a while now and has a really strong relationship with Ivan. The COE could be massive for us and it is important Pascoe sticks around to see it through. I worry it will get dropped if we change hands.

I hope we can get all 3 on the bus for the long term.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 10:53 am

Agree with the others, definitely need someone with genuine speed in the back line.
No more plodders!
:sign:

Bee-Em

Post by Bee-Em » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 10:59 am

Ivan has mentioned a few times the direction the club needs to and plans to take into the future, what the team is trying to achieve and the fact that it will take years to achieve this goal. Surely he plans to stick around long term to see this through. How could all this come to fruition if he bails?

And if Nathan jumps aboard during this building process, it'd be a major bonus.

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 11:18 am

wt00 wrote:
Mon 19 Mar, 2018 10:53 am
Agree with the others, definitely need someone with genuine speed in the back line.
Definitely.
Was watching RTS on the weekend. He would have been the perfect addition to the team.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 12:50 pm

Surely this new jaw dropping signing that is now only minutes away from being announced (according to previous posts) will ensure we have speed to burn. Or was it all just ‘smoke’ being blown up our .......
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

prattenparkchild

Post by prattenparkchild » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 1:02 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Mon 19 Mar, 2018 12:50 pm
Surely this new jaw dropping signing that is now only minutes away from being announced (according to previous posts) will ensure we have speed to burn. Or was it all just ‘smoke’ being blown up our .......
The player, whoever it was, may have pulled out of the contract in the cooling off period?

shifty

Post by shifty » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 1:12 pm

prattenparkchild wrote:
Mon 19 Mar, 2018 1:02 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Mon 19 Mar, 2018 12:50 pm
The player, whoever it was, may have pulled out of the contract in the cooling off period?
There was a supposed signing? Or is this about the bs Barba stuff?