Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

hammertime

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by hammertime » Fri 18 May, 2018 1:15 pm

Putting the rumors together. If the Tigers have managed to get Rona, which pushes Kev to NSW Cup, then used him in a deal to get Barba, that would be absolutely superb play.

I've got high respect for the new Front Office, but surely we can't be at that level of genius yet.

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Fri 18 May, 2018 1:27 pm

hammertime wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 1:15 pm
Putting the rumors together. If the Tigers have managed to get Rona, which pushes Kev to NSW Cup, then used him in a deal to get Barba, that would be absolutely superb play.

I've got high respect for the new Front Office, but surely we can't be at that level of genius yet.
As much as I would love for that to happen, I just can't see it. Those sort of things never seem to happen for us. I think after all this is said and done we'll probably promote one player to top 30 and maybe sign a couple of fringe players. That'll be it.

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Fri 18 May, 2018 1:32 pm

avocadoontoast wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 1:27 pm
hammertime wrote:

As much as I would love for that to happen, I just can't see it. Those sort of things never seem to happen for us. I think after all this is said and done we'll probably promote one player to top 30 and maybe sign a couple of fringe players. That'll be it.
That plus signing young Nathan at the end of the year would make the whole year a success. (Plus upgrading a couple of forwards Sue/Grant/Felise?)
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Fri 18 May, 2018 1:40 pm

TigerTiger wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 1:32 pm
avocadoontoast wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 1:27 pm
hammertime wrote:

That plus signing young Nathan at the end of the year would make the whole year a success. (Plus upgrading a couple of forwards Sue/Grant/Felise?)
Sue, Grant?????
Some new forwards yes.

AnnandaleTiger

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Fri 18 May, 2018 1:47 pm

Nathan spoke about his good mates in the presser. A few times, I doubt he will come or leave Riff.

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Fri 18 May, 2018 1:54 pm

We have no back rowers or centres who run hard and can break the line.

Too small, too slow, not skillful enough. We need to duplicate the Panthers development and recruitment system.

It doesn't guarantee wins, but it gives you a great squad platform to work from.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Fri 18 May, 2018 2:02 pm

AnnandaleTiger wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 1:47 pm
Nathan spoke about his good mates in the presser. A few times, I doubt he will come or leave Riff.
Penrith are finally on the crest of a wave after several years of build up and empty promises to deliver. The young guns have matured, a shrewd player swap was made and the deadwood has been shed.

Apart from any salary cap issues I highly doubt that any of their players (Nathan included)will want to leave over the next 2-3 years because a premiership is in sight. They’d be mad to leave now and not reap any reward from the effort they’ve all put in over the past few seasons. I dare say that’s why even the Roosters couldn’t entice Mansour.

AnnandaleTiger

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Fri 18 May, 2018 2:03 pm

hammertime wrote:

Bulldogs old squad back together

TigerSkins

Post by TigerSkins » Fri 18 May, 2018 2:35 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 2:02 pm
AnnandaleTiger wrote:
Penrith are finally on the crest of a wave after several years of build up and empty promises to deliver. The young guns have matured, a shrewd player swap was made and the deadwood has been shed.

Apart from any salary cap issues I highly doubt that any of their players (Nathan included)will want to leave over the next 2-3 years because a premiership is in sight. They’d be mad to leave now and not reap any reward from the effort they’ve all put in over the past few seasons. I dare say that’s why even the Roosters couldn’t entice Mansour.
Gotta look at it this way as well .. Mansour resigns with the club - more than likely on an upgrade $$ as there was plenty of it being splashed around from other clubs trying to entice him away from the Riff. Riff were happy for him to test the market as they are trying to tie up other players with the money they save on Mansour. Mansour now signs on to stay, so does that mean Riff might have conceded that one of their other stars might be moving on ?? ;)

TigerSJ

Post by TigerSJ » Fri 18 May, 2018 3:13 pm

Reading that Kev has signed with St Helens?? Club has let him go immediately- also talk that it may be a swap for Barba. Some things are starting to rumble and fingers crossed we may some of the additions to the squad that we are hoping for.

TigerSkins

Post by TigerSkins » Fri 18 May, 2018 3:16 pm

How the hell can the Bulldogs sign a player for next season if they haven't had their fire-sale as yet, winger Christian Crichton from Penriff has agreed to terms with the Bulldogs .. !!

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Fri 18 May, 2018 3:23 pm

TigerSkins wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 3:16 pm
How the hell can the Bulldogs sign a player for next season if they haven't had their fire-sale as yet, winger Christian Crichton from Penriff has agreed to terms with the Bulldogs .. !!
He wont be playing first grade when Mansour returns and with Mansour signing another 3 years the writing was on the door for Christian. Sit in ISP and wait for an injury or go to the bulldogs on a small contract and play first grade.

Bulldogs team will be made up of many signings like this for the next few years.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Fri 18 May, 2018 3:40 pm

TigerSkins wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 2:35 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
AnnandaleTiger wrote:

Gotta look at it this way as well .. Mansour resigns with the club - more than likely on an upgrade $$ as there was plenty of it being splashed around from other clubs trying to entice him away from the Riff. Riff were happy for him to test the market as they are trying to tie up other players with the money they save on Mansour. Mansour now signs on to stay, so does that mean Riff might have conceded that one of their other stars might be moving on ?? ;)
Gus said a few weeks ago that Josh has always stayed at Panthers for a lot less then he was offered elsewhere.

Post by 851 » Fri 18 May, 2018 4:45 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 3:40 pm
TigerSkins wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 2:35 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
AnnandaleTiger wrote:

Gus said a few weeks ago that Josh has always stayed at Panthers for a lot less then he was offered elsewhere.
That is true, but Gus also said this contract is his time for a decent pay day
Go hard or go home

Abraham

Post by Abraham » Fri 18 May, 2018 4:51 pm

Hoping The Pom or one of the others with connections inside the club can shed some light on the Naqaima / Barba rumors ...

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Fri 18 May, 2018 5:11 pm

From Zero Tackle;

"Curtis Rona will be at the Wests Tigers before June 30. After being heavily linked to the club last off-season, the former Bulldog and Cowboy has been seen at Wests HQ in recent weeks".

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Fri 18 May, 2018 5:16 pm

Geo. wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 10:21 am
Seantice wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 9:24 am
What is all this talk about mbye? He's had a couple of line breaks. Overrated for his value by far. Barbara would be the best bet by far.
Yep I'd sign a Barbara for sure...more chance than Barba..
Even better, Barbarella.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

swag tiger

Post by swag tiger » Fri 18 May, 2018 5:16 pm

Newtown wrote:
Fri 18 May, 2018 5:11 pm
From Zero Tackle;

"Curtis Rona will be at the Wests Tigers before June 30. After being heavily linked to the club last off-season, the former Bulldog and Cowboy has been seen at Wests HQ in recent weeks".
Hopefully it is true but i am becoming more doubtful by the week.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2