Wests Tigers sign Robbie Farah for 2018 Official

What are your thoughts on signing Robbie Farah back?

Yeah, that would be great.
59%
Hell no.
41%

Total votes: 292

helmesy

Re: What are your thoughts on signing Robbie Farah back?

Post by helmesy » Sat 16 Jun, 2018 11:15 pm

Magpie Magic wrote:
Sat 16 Jun, 2018 11:09 pm
Maybe the backended deal means we are still paying him at Souths so he may as well earn his money for us.
Mind you I were South's I wouldn't release him. The water their going him off the bench in GF would be lethal.
I’m pretty sure we were paying part of his contract last year, but not this year.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 16 Jun, 2018 11:24 pm

Skip wrote:
Sat 16 Jun, 2018 2:35 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sat 16 Jun, 2018 12:16 pm
One of the biggest issues many on this subject need to understand is you support your team first an players come very secondary as do the coaches

Not vice versa Yes you can support both and you should back whoever the coach picks

But when your love of a player exceeds your love of the club , something's not right

And the same goes for your hatred of a player (as a player ) when it exceeds your support for the club then it is an issue
Hmmmm you said a couple pages back if we were to sign Robbie you would hand in your WT membership... what's the deal?
Still will champ if Robbie is brought back

My point is your a WT's supporter first and foremost , players will always come and go

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 16 Jun, 2018 11:32 pm

Eddie wrote:
Sat 16 Jun, 2018 1:32 pm
Thats my point vlad.

He could have shot it down and didn't.

Looks like it could happen.
Sometimes it is easier to let these issues die a natural death

If he had come out straight away and shot it down , look what has happened on here :shock:

We would have turned the clock back 2 seasons

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 12:16 am

formerguest wrote:
Sat 16 Jun, 2018 9:04 pm
TCL wrote:
Sat 16 Jun, 2018 11:05 am
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sat 16 Jun, 2018 9:43 am
Snake wrote:
Sat 16 Jun, 2018 9:08 am

Short memories,Potter can not coach the team can make the 8 then the DUMMY SPITTER decided to trash the season ...Happy !some have very short memories, this was the second coach the TURD had booted a very humble man and had the team performing. It will be a sad day when this grub puts a Tigers jersey on again .
Nice guy Potter but being a nice guy doesn't mean you are a good NRL coach. Neither Potter or Tayler have NRL roles which is strongly suggestive of what the other clubs think of their NRL coaching skills.
Farrah made that comment to Tallis in confidence. The slime Tallis aired the comment.

The fullness of time has shown that Farrahs opinion of Potter was to some degree right as no one has picked him up as coach and clubs preferred unknowns like Barrett over potter.
Formerly known as Tiger Come Lately?
Yep, I asked to have it shortened. Didn't want to reregister a new user name, as you can see I'm not creative with names :D

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 5:20 am

Well, it'll only be for half a year, the club has changed and I'm sure Robbie will be fully aware of the changes here. Hell, the bulk of the playing group has changed too. He would have zero influence and it would be silly on his part to white ant anything. He could finish his career here like he wanted and do so in a positive manner, anything else would be foolish on Robbie's part, surely he would know that.

Had Liddle not been injured, we wouldn't be talking about this and I'm confident we'd be further up the ladder. Unfortunately, that didn't happen and the lack of a decent hooker has been killing us. Hopefully Robbie can provide the spark that Benji gave the side at the beginning of the year..................assuming of course the board approves.

Balmainbred
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Balmainbred » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 5:48 am

Maybe the clubs way of thinking is, well we have to have him back anyway as he had a clause in his contract, to be employed after football in a role as an ambassador to the club. So maybe the way there going is sooner then later as we desperately need a hooker.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 6:04 am

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 16 Jun, 2018 11:32 pm
Eddie wrote:
Sat 16 Jun, 2018 1:32 pm
Thats my point vlad.

He could have shot it down and didn't.

Looks like it could happen.
Sometimes it is easier to let these issues die a natural death

If he had come out straight away and shot it down , look what has happened on here :shock:

We would have turned the clock back 2 seasons
What is happening here Hap,
And what does it matter,
We have no more power or in most cases, no more insight into the goings on in the club than the average bloke who supports the WTs,
Our opinion is of no more importance than anyone else’s,
And I bet that There will be thousands at his first game purely to see him return to the club,

Ivan osnt a Nuffie Coach and has been involved with Robbie before.
Even though he has had some failures with some of his signings , I’m sure that he’s put a lot of thought into whether to sign him or not,
Just as importantly, Robbie has had plenty of time to decide if he wants to be here,
He obviously does, and is most likely to put in a 100% in every game,

I think you’re forgetting that if his attitude is not right, he’l be in the same grade as Lolo,
It it works well have a much better chance of making the 8,

I hate the thought of a couple of players being in the team because of actions that weren’t on the field, but will cop it because they are better than the players that we had,

Most People aren’t lining up and wringing their hands because Robbie’s.coming back, mostly they just want to follow their team, and win.

That’s more likely with Robbie in the team, than if he isnt

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 6:29 am

Besides Ivan, I think they should have the leadership group make a call. Two of the guys there know directly what he is like, how much he could detrementially effect the culture and what we're trying to build.

They'll be a good source of feedback for Ivan.

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 7:00 am

hammertime wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 6:29 am
Besides Ivan, I think they should have the leadership group make a call. Two of the guys there know directly what he is like, how much he could detrementially effect the culture and what we're trying to build.

I think their is no doubt the leadership group would be consulted in this case

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 7:12 am

Boonboon2 wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 7:00 am
hammertime wrote:

If they're not, it would be a failure on Ivans part. Surely Lawrence and Brooks will discuss any red flags (if there are any)with Ivan.
"Quality Stupidity"

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 8:14 am

Boonboon2 wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 7:00 am
hammertime wrote:

Hope so. Certainly isn't a typical scenario as they usually wouldn't be part of contract negotiations. But Ivan needs that input.

Clearyweareone

Post by Clearyweareone » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 9:36 am

The below team excites me for the rest of 2018 with the additional of Mybe and Farah. Two problem areas that they can strengthen.

Noff and Naiqama can fight for one wing spot depending on form.

Rochow missing out with Taylor to second row as I like Huth at lock to bring size to the pack.

Happy to have JJ Felise and Luke Garner being given a chance.

Not fussed where Marshall fits in. IC will work this out.

1. Moses Mbye
2. Corey Thompson
3. Esan Marsters
4. Mahe Fonua
5. Kevin Naiqama

6. Josh Reynolds/ Tyson Gamble (depending on his debut and the other one's Hamstrings)
7. Luke Brooks

8. Russell Packer
9. Robbie Farah (never captain)
10. Ben Matulino
11. Chris Lawrence (Captain)
12. E Taylor
13. Matt Eisenhuth

Interchange:

14. Alex Twal
15. MCK
16. Josh Aloiai
17. Tim Grant/ Jessie Sue

Still require a hard running second rower which we do not have at the club.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 9:42 am

Clearyweareone wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 9:36 am
The below team excites me for the rest of 2018 with the additional of Mybe and Farah. Two problem areas that they can strengthen.

Rochow missing out with Taylor to second row as I like Huth at lock to bring size to the pack.

1. Moses Mbye
2. Corey Thompson
3. Esan Marsters
4. Mahe Fonua
5. Kevin Naiqama

6. Josh Reynolds/ Tyson Gamble (depending on his debut and the other one's Hamstrings)
7. Luke Brooks

8. Russell Packer
10. Ben Matulino
12. E Taylor
13. Matt Eisenhuth

Interchange:

14. Alex Twal
15. MCK
16. Josh Aloiai

It's nice to read a positive post in the midst of a sea of meltdowns. If he strengthens the team and IC wants him here, let it happen.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 10:14 am

It will be a bloodbath -

There is going to be a lot of wrist slashing on here if "The Legend" (use the term loosely) doesn't return. Lol

WswWt

Post by WswWt » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 10:23 am

Clearyweareone wrote:

1. Moses Mbye
2. Corey Thompson
3. Esan Marsters
4. Mahe Fonua
5. Kevin Naiqama

7. Luke Brooks

8. Russell Packer
10. Ben Matulino
12. E Taylor
13. Matt Eisenhuth

Interchange:

14. Alex Twal
15. MCK
16. Josh Aloiai

We have one in the form of Aloiai, but unfortunately has feet for hands.

Wa Mag/Tig

Post by Wa Mag/Tig » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 10:32 am

I'm all for Robbie coming back for rest of year and only rest of year. This scenario reminds me of a Kenny Rogers song in two ways. Gambler,
1. It's gunna be a Gamble.
2. The lyrics in a verse of that song is advice to any hooker playing the game.
Wish i knew how to post the lyrics but i don't so i will have a crack at remembering.
You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em, know when to walk away know when to run.
I'm sure i left a few words behind but i really do think best advise, losing the card game and playing the real game is the key to any hooker. I played wing centre fullback and then found my calling. Became a hooker who could win them against the ruck, when that mattered . Hard on my body though. Anyways not about me or any other hooker, Robbie is a perfect fit. Everyone should just get on board if it happens. It's a gamble but i think a 85%-15% result. Let's go Tigers today!!!!!!!!

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 10:39 am

WswWt wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 10:23 am
Clearyweareone wrote:

1. Moses Mbye
2. Corey Thompson
3. Esan Marsters
4. Mahe Fonua
5. Kevin Naiqama

7. Luke Brooks

8. Russell Packer
10. Ben Matulino
12. E Taylor
13. Matt Eisenhuth

Interchange:

14. Alex Twal
15. MCK
16. Josh Aloiai

We have one in the form of Aloiai, but unfortunately has feet for hands.
We also have a beast in that team that isn't a beast - has a birds nest for a brain.

Roar Power

Post by Roar Power » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 10:56 am

Elijah Taylor is really the odd one out in our side at the moment. I wouldn't have him in the 17. Tries hard but too similar to Eiso.

Big yes to Farah this year (and maybe next) though.