Wests Tigers sign Robbie Farah for 2018 Official

What are your thoughts on signing Robbie Farah back?

Yeah, that would be great.
59%
Hell no.
41%

Total votes: 292

greatodensraven

Re: Wests Tigers sign Robbie Farah for 2018 Official

Post by greatodensraven » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 6:29 pm

Hopefully an opportunity for Robbie & the club to make right some previous wrongs.

Go Tigers!

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 6:29 pm

Knuckles wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 6:19 pm
Congratulations to all concerned ...... a master stroke decision that could still see us playing finals football ...
I agree he is better than the hookers we have. If there is no problem with his attitude and culture then we probably should have chased him 7 weeks ago before our season went pear shaped. The rumours have been there that Souths were shopping him around since the start of the year.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 6:31 pm

Can I be the first to call it that towards the back end of the year, Robbie starts talking about how he feels freshened up, is glad to be at the club & ready to go around again next year. If the club won't sign him cue the next soap opera playing out in the media.

Mccarry

Post by Mccarry » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 6:33 pm

I’m truly happy with this.

He is a very good player, comes cheap, fills some massive holes for us.

Removes need for lock to be a tackling machine. We can have a big body.

Another kicking option

Keeps the defence guessing from marker

MOST IMPORTANTLY: can help mentor Liddle into our long term solution.

Allows us to move forward and paint over an ugly stain in our history

Great leadership Cleary.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 6:37 pm

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 6:18 pm
The past can’t be changed but at the end of the day we all west’s tiger supporters and want our team to do well. Liddle is our future (hopefully) but he isn’t ready now and Farah will give us the experience we need. I think let’s judge him on what he does now rather than what happened previously. Hopefully he does well and more importantly we win games, as he is just another player wearing a tigers jersey nothing more nothing less.
Yep...good post
Im not his biggest fan but theres no point in me carrying on some grudge in my support of my team, the clubs leaders have made this decision...hopefully the future is positive and he helps the teams go forward.

Happy...do you need some Image for your membership card?

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 6:42 pm

Whatever really, I’m fine with it. The only negative about it will be the build up to Leichhardt next week. Will all be about one person, and the game itself will take a backseat. I’m sure after a couple of games the novelty will wear off, the same way it did for Marshall, especially if we aren’t winning. Then he’ll just be another player and normal programming will resume.

criwdfluffer

Post by criwdfluffer » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 6:50 pm

You sound salty to me.

I reckon farah playing gives us a big chance of winning and 5k more bums on seats at Leichhardt and if we start winning games I will be enjoying the feel good novelty of it. The media surely will!

We wuv wobbie.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 6:54 pm

criwdfluffer wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 6:50 pm
You sound salty to me.

I reckon farah playing gives us a big chance of winning and 5k more bums on seats at Leichhardt and if we start winning games I will be enjoying the feel good novelty of it. The media surely will!

We wuv wobbie.
Nah Simon, I don’t care

criwdfluffer

Post by criwdfluffer » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 6:59 pm

C'mon Dane just admit it salty as. Ur still defending jt to this very day.

And the bloke he screws over walks straight back in.

It's joyous for me.....not soo much for others.

On the footy....farah has a point to prove. We know mentally he is tough as hell.

I reckon his thinking is play well, get us to the semis. Prove a lot of people wrong and get another year and go out holding the gf trophy!

69tiger

Post by 69tiger » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 6:59 pm

Tweed Tiger wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 4:14 pm
diedpretty wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 4:13 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 1:53 pm
851 wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 1:48 pm

It looks like a done deal to me, some people on here are going to be very disappointed, but me I don't care, JT should have let him get his 250 games, and our current number 9's are just not cutting it, so we should improve with this signing.
Well they can’t have it both ways. They can’t complain about the hooking position and be upset we are getting a genuine hooker. He has shown in 2 games of first grade this year he is much better than anything we have. Cook has praised him for the improvements in his game. Let’s hope Liddle can gain from him aswell.
He also had a pack at Souths that bent the line every time they run. Lets see how he goes with our powderpuff pack of late.
On the plus side ET wont be at 9
I personally think he will go well,he is a much more viable option than ET,the pack has only had a few blemishes this year, we had one of the best defensive records in the comp up till the Raiders game,I’m prepared to say that he will be a big help, and hopefully we’ll get the benefit of him mentoring Liddle as well, go the Tigers💪🏻💪🏻

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 6:59 pm

Harvey wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 6:29 pm
Knuckles wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 6:19 pm
Congratulations to all concerned ...... a master stroke decision that could still see us playing finals football ...
I agree he is better than the hookers we have. If there is no problem with his attitude and culture then we probably should have chased him 7 weeks ago before our season went pear shaped. The rumours have been there that Souths were shopping him around since the start of the year.
I know how you and others are feeling about Farah coming back ..... I think the equivalent for me would be if Woods or Moses came back. But if we don't do something, we will be lucky to win another game. As it is we have only won two from our last nine and if last week is any guide, things aren't about to improve unless the club acts. Let's hope it works out and we can make the top 8 ..... we aren't that far away from the other teams .... perhaps this move will get us there.

criwdfluffer

Post by criwdfluffer » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 7:00 pm

And Leichhardt will be feeaking jumping against the titans.

He is very much loved out this way.

criwdfluffer

Post by criwdfluffer » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 7:01 pm

Last edited by criwdfluffer on Wed 20 Jun, 2018 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

weststigerman

Post by weststigerman » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 7:02 pm

Will be interesting to see if our front rowers improve with a first grade hooker hopefully providing better service.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 7:05 pm

criwdfluffer wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 6:59 pm
C'mon Dane just admit it salty as. Ur still defending jt to this very day.

And the bloke he screws over walks straight back in.

It's joyous for me.....not soo much for others.

On the footy....farah has a point to prove. We know mentally he is tough as hell.

I reckon his thinking is play well, get us to the semis. Prove a lot of people wrong and get another year and go out holding the gf trophy!
What have I said that makes you think I’m salty? Because I’m not looking forward to the build up? Big deal. Apart from that, I’m fine. If it solves the dummy half issues, great.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 7:06 pm

What's happened..?
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

Tarl

Post by Tarl » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 7:06 pm

Exciting! Really keen to see how this motivates the team for the rest of the year. How much did we pay to get him?

Also interested to see if Robbie will play 80 or if we have Liddle come off the bench...

69tiger

Post by 69tiger » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 7:08 pm

criwdfluffer wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 7:01 pm

Absolutely,a local junior,the Leichhardt Wonderers if I recall, a ‘good story’ as Ivan says!!😊🤘💪🏻💪🏻