Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

wt01

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by wt01 » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 4:37 pm

Abraham wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 1:38 pm
We have tried the young up and comer type coaches and have failed each time... Terry Lamb, Mick Potter, we even resurrected JT who was in the coaching wilderness for a long time.

No more experiments and left field failures.

We need an experienced coach with runs on the board.

Flanagan - Cant see him leaving the Shire at this stage.
Bennett - He will choose which club he ends up at, it won't choose him.
Trent Robinson - Previously seemed on the outter. Don't see him leaving the chooks while they are still contenders.
Brad Arthur - Seemed a good choice until this year's train wreck. Did he forget how to coach in the space of 12 months?
Toovey - No thanks.
John Cartwright - See above.
Trent Barret - See above.
Des Hasler - Please no.
Neil Henry - Mixed bag, doesn't inspire confidence.
Anthony Griffin - NRL days are probably behind him.
Madge Maguire - Highest Profile coach off contact. Did a great job with souths before loosing his spark getting the arse. Most likely candidate i would say.

Can't think of anyone else who fits the bill right now. All could change in 12 months though.
Ben n Shane Walker??

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 4:45 pm

wt01 wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 4:37 pm
Abraham wrote:
We have tried the young up and comer type coaches and have failed each time... Terry Lamb, Mick Potter, we even resurrected JT who was in the coaching wilderness for a long time.

Trent Robinson - Previously seemed on the outter. Don't see him leaving the chooks while they are still contenders.
Brad Arthur - Seemed a good choice until this year's train wreck. Did he forget how to coach in the space of 12 months?
Toovey - No thanks.
Des Hasler - Please no.
Madge Maguire - Highest Profile coach off contact. Did a great job with souths before loosing his spark getting the arse. Most likely candidate i would say.

Can't think of anyone else who fits the bill right now. All could change in 12 months though.
Ben n Shane Walker??
I thought Toovey did a pretty good job at Manly...I wouldn't have an issue with him.

Post by 851 » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 4:48 pm

junior05 wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 4:28 pm
Abraham wrote:

Toovey - No thanks.
Des Hasler - Please no.

Yes we have tried up and coming coaches but let's be honest here we was mess back then, none of those coaches would not have coached any other NRL club. But I think we are a lot better these days, front office is a lot better now. If we pick the best/ right up and coming coach we will be fine, just look at souths they picked the right one, Gold Coast I think they picked a ok one,I don't know who are the best up and coming coaches are maybe someone may know more me.
Jason Demetriou is highly regarded at the Bronco's, the players all like him as well
Go hard or go home

Sunnycoast tiger

Post by Sunnycoast tiger » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 4:57 pm

851 wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 4:48 pm
junior05 wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 4:28 pm
Abraham wrote:

Toovey - No thanks.
Des Hasler - Please no.

Yes we have tried up and coming coaches but let's be honest here we was mess back then, none of those coaches would not have coached any other NRL club. But I think we are a lot better these days, front office is a lot better now. If we pick the best/ right up and coming coach we will be fine, just look at souths they picked the right one, Gold Coast I think they picked a ok one,I don't know who are the best up and coming coaches are maybe someone may know more me.
Jason Demetriou is highly regarded at the Bronco's, the players all like him as well
Jason Demetriou would be great for us but I think he is the next broncos coach.

iofthetigers

Post by iofthetigers » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 4:59 pm

helmesy wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 2:45 pm
Nelson wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 1:55 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 1:33 pm
Nelson wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 12:57 pm

I don't think it would be useful to hear from any of those people. Don't you think it might be better to hear from someone who might be able to give an appraisal that isn't tainted by personal grievances? That has a bit of balance? The truth probably sits somewhere between "he is the greatest coach ever and has been severely wronged" (the Griffin version) and "he is a complete numpty who should never have risen above coaching reggies" (which Ben Hannant/Phil Gould etc. would have use believe).
Funny that Ive never heard even a squeak about him being the greatest Coach Ever,
But, ive heard about plenty who dont rate him as even an ordinary Coach.
Seems like its just Griffin whose pumping Up his own wheels.
That balance that you are talking about is fine, but there seems that theres next to nobody thats sitting on the same side as Griffin
Who do you expect to come out and say psoitive things about him and on what platform? None of the Panthers players are going to be out in the media saying anything rising above neutral because they're not going to want to bring Gould's ire down on themselves. Gould is a powerful figure in the media and Channel 9 are hardly going to go out of their way to trash him. Fox probably don't want to be seen to be pushing an agenda against him either. Gould on the other hand can easily rustle up a few rubes like Hannant who have nothing to fear from trash talking Griffin - a bit of payback on him for not favouring them and a few bucks or some favour with Gould probably.

Broncos players had positive things to say about him back when they were playing under him and he managed to secure extensions at both the Broncos and the Panthers prior to being sacked by both clubs, so he can't have been doing everything wrong...again, I don't think he seems like any great coach but their is a massive power imbalance in how the two sides get to present their cases and it's unfair. You'll find no truth in how this plays out in the media now.
Well said Nelson!
How many players followed him to the Panthers?

DREW76

Post by DREW76 » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 5:10 pm

wt01 wrote:
Abraham wrote:

Toovey - No thanks.
Des Hasler - Please no.

Ben n Shane Walker??
Yep would be my choice too

TigerSkins

Post by TigerSkins » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 5:19 pm

The Queen wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 3:17 pm
TOMMY TALAU GOES KAPOW

THE son of former Canterbury centre Willie Talau will leave Canterbury at season’s end and join the Wests Tigers. Highly rated half Tommy Talau was picked in the Australian Schoolboys side last month.
=
Haven't we just signed a young Aust School Boy half back from Newcastle Jock (something) ?? Why are we picking up halfbacks ??

TigerSkins

Post by TigerSkins » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 5:20 pm

Yerr the Walker Brothers as coaches are my choice too.

will1999

Post by will1999 » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 5:24 pm

how many under 20 players have we signed recently

Russell

Post by Russell » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 5:35 pm

TigerSkins wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 5:19 pm
The Queen wrote:
TOMMY TALAU GOES KAPOW

THE son of former Canterbury centre Willie Talau will leave Canterbury at season’s end and join the Wests Tigers. Highly rated half Tommy Talau was picked in the Australian Schoolboys side last month.
=
Haven't we just signed a young Aust School Boy half back from Newcastle Jock (something) ?? Why are we picking up halfbacks ??
Cause we haven't got one for ISP and maybe not for lower still.

Russell

Post by Russell » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 5:36 pm

Walker Bros are an absolute NO, NO from me.

I said No twice because there are two of them.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 5:44 pm

iofthetigers wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 4:59 pm
helmesy wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 2:45 pm
Nelson wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 1:55 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 1:33 pm

Funny that Ive never heard even a squeak about him being the greatest Coach Ever,
But, ive heard about plenty who dont rate him as even an ordinary Coach.
Seems like its just Griffin whose pumping Up his own wheels.
That balance that you are talking about is fine, but there seems that theres next to nobody thats sitting on the same side as Griffin
Who do you expect to come out and say psoitive things about him and on what platform? None of the Panthers players are going to be out in the media saying anything rising above neutral because they're not going to want to bring Gould's ire down on themselves. Gould is a powerful figure in the media and Channel 9 are hardly going to go out of their way to trash him. Fox probably don't want to be seen to be pushing an agenda against him either. Gould on the other hand can easily rustle up a few rubes like Hannant who have nothing to fear from trash talking Griffin - a bit of payback on him for not favouring them and a few bucks or some favour with Gould probably.

Broncos players had positive things to say about him back when they were playing under him and he managed to secure extensions at both the Broncos and the Panthers prior to being sacked by both clubs, so he can't have been doing everything wrong...again, I don't think he seems like any great coach but their is a massive power imbalance in how the two sides get to present their cases and it's unfair. You'll find no truth in how this plays out in the media now.
Well said Nelson!
How many players followed him to the Panthers?
How many players that aren't named Darius followed Wayne Bennett to the Dragons?

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 5:55 pm

avocadoontoast wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 4:45 pm
wt01 wrote:
Abraham wrote:

Toovey - No thanks.
Des Hasler - Please no.

Ben n Shane Walker??
I thought Toovey did a pretty good job at Manly...I wouldn't have an issue with him.
Struth!!
Really......Tooves, he was the coach that punted Glen Stewart, watmough and forced Brett Stewart and Few others into retirement to keep The Cherry.
And signed on a floating salary so every time the cap is increased so is his wage which will always be as long as he’s at the club %9 of the top 30.
I’d say no to Tooves only for this reason.

clontarfkid

Post by clontarfkid » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 5:56 pm

Think all coaches who are nemployed carry a little baggage tbh..as do most of the current coaches excepting Bellamy and Siebold
Need someone proven at this level,and McGuire with a premiership under his belt is THE standout.
Just hope he has learnt from the issues which caused his downfall

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 5:57 pm

Russell wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 5:35 pm
TigerSkins wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 5:19 pm
The Queen wrote:
TOMMY TALAU GOES KAPOW

=
Cause we haven't got one for ISP and maybe not for lower still.
Jock Madden.
Absolute gun.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 5:58 pm

pdenny77 wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 1:52 pm
We need a couch whose name is easy..... Ivan Henjak!
Why do you want a couch, do you need to lay down or something?

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 6:00 pm

wt01 wrote:
Abraham wrote:

Toovey - No thanks.
Des Hasler - Please no.

Ben n Shane Walker??
You forgot Matt Elliott!!!!!!!!

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 6:03 pm

Roosters must know something -

ROOSTERS MAKE PLAY FOR KYLE FLANAGAN
The Roosters have begun planning for life after Cooper Cronk by making a play for Cronulla young gun, Kyle Flanagan.

The son of Sharks coach Shane Flanagan, Kyle continues to push for NRL selection through the Intrust Super Premiership.

The NSW under-20s and NSW Residents representative halfback is off-contract at Cronulla in 2019.

Roosters coach Trent Robinson is a major fan of the younger Flanagan, which is why a verbal approach was made through the 19-year old's manager.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leagu...m1v1r5z0w3epcn

DRAGONS STRUGGLING TO HOLD ONTO YOUNG GUN
The Dragons are struggling to hold onto promising young forward Hame Sele next season.

On the radar of several rival clubs, including the Roosters and Canterbury, Sele will need to settle for less if he wants to stay at the Red-V.

Social media had Sele signed and sealed this week at the Sharks, but the Shire club are intent on developing their own rising stars including Jack Williams, Scott Sorensen and Briton Nikora.