Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Telltails

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by Telltails » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 9:19 am

cochise wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 8:58 am
Telltails wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 8:41 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 8:31 am
Telltails wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 6:17 am
Yeh well from where I stand that information is interesting but largely disappointing.
Hugely disappointing! Seems like we're not chasing anyone of note, losing forwards right, left and centre, but only prioritising a centre and a back up half. And Drinkwater? Seriously? Circa 2015
We have money to spend and are travelling ok on the field and off the field just thought we would have secured at least one FGer at this point, as other clubs have done.
We have!
Player/s who are coming next year? Who ?

cochise

Post by cochise » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 9:26 am

Telltails wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 9:19 am
cochise wrote:
Telltails wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:

Hugely disappointing! Seems like we're not chasing anyone of note, losing forwards right, left and centre, but only prioritising a centre and a back up half. And Drinkwater? Seriously? Circa 2015
We have money to spend and are travelling ok on the field and off the field just thought we would have secured at least one FGer at this point, as other clubs have done.
We have!
Moses Mbye is a 2019 signing and is probably one of the biggest signings in the NRL. To say the club has been inactive in the market is wrong and unfair, Mbye and Farah have been here 6 weeks.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 9:35 am

cochise wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 9:26 am
Telltails wrote:
cochise wrote:
Telltails wrote:

We have!
Moses Mbye is a 2019 signing and is probably one of the biggest signings in the NRL. To say the club has been inactive in the market is wrong and unfair, Mbye and Farah have been here 6 weeks.
Yes ok - good most needed additions to this years squad. And next year ....... to replace a number of players we have used and continue to use this year that wont be here next year?That is what I was referring to.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 9:37 am

cochise wrote:
Telltails wrote:
cochise wrote:
Telltails wrote:

We have!
why do u people want to pick fights with what people write in good faith, he was referring to, is new players not what we have , so please tell us all on this forum who the hell we have signed other than what we have, THE ANSWER IS NOBODY and the coaching drama may mean we will sign no one.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 9:42 am

Geo. wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 8:48 am
Bar Bar's a half..
We already have Benji Barba don't we?
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

yeti

Post by yeti » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 9:43 am

If what Pom said is correct (and I don't doubt it), the players we are chasing are still under contract. Obviously no announcements can be made at this point.
People are just so impatient.
Chill.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 9:50 am

I would chasing hard for Tyronne Roberts-Davis (ex Macksville/Kempsey, Keebra Park, Aust Schoolboys) a genuine speedster.

I wonder if he is related to former Balmain 5/8 Paul Davis and also Amos Roberts and James Roberts (who is from Kempsey).

cochise

Post by cochise » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 9:50 am

bp tiger wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 9:37 am
cochise wrote:
Telltails wrote:
cochise wrote:

We have!
why do u people want to pick fights with what people write in good faith, he was referring to, is new players not what we have , so please tell us all on this forum who the hell we have signed other than what we have, THE ANSWER IS NOBODY and the coaching drama may mean we will sign no one.
Because credit is not being given where it should, I am not picking a fight. To criticize the club and say they have signed no one is wrong, to compare them to other clubs who have signed for next year is wrong. The club would have been better off leaving Mbye at the dogs this year and let him come next year, as was originally planned, because at least people would be happy that we have one of the better signings for next year.

To bag the club over lack of signings for next year when they have negotiated for their first big 2019 signing to come early is disrespectful. If you read what the Pom , other signings are likely and he is usually on the money!

Russell

Post by Russell » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 9:52 am

Geo. wrote:
Bar Bar's a half..
Half a what Geo?

vlad

Post by vlad » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 10:02 am

Russell wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 9:52 am
Geo. wrote:
Bar Bar's a half..
Half a what Geo?
Half a gram from never playing again

LARDS

Post by LARDS » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 10:15 am

cochise wrote:
Telltails wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:
Telltails wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 6:17 am
Yeh well from where I stand that information is interesting but largely disappointing.
We have!
If we were chasing someone of note , we wouldnt hear about it until the end of the season, as it would be disruptive to their respective teams (if their under contract) or against the rules if they were.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 10:22 am

vlad wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 10:02 am
Russell wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 9:52 am
Geo. wrote:
Bar Bar's a half..
Half a what Geo?
Half a gram from never playing again
Well played sir

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 10:57 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 9:50 am
I would chasing hard for Tyronne Roberts-Davis (ex Macksville/Kempsey, Keebra Park, Aust Schoolboys) a genuine speedster.

I wonder if he is related to former Balmain 5/8 Paul Davis and also Amos Roberts and James Roberts (who is from Kempsey).
They're all related if you believe wikipedia. Don't know about Paul Davis.

Mundine/Roberts family

Mickey Mundine, Aboriginal Australian team representative player; uncle of Anthony[9]
Anthony Mundine (b. 1975), Boxer, New South Wales State of Origin and St. George Illawarra NRL player; cousin of Beau, second cousin of James Roberts
Beau Mundine (b. 1980), South Sydney NRL player; uncle of Anthony
Amos Roberts (b. 1980), St George Illawarra/Penrith/Sydney Roosters NRL Player; cousin of Anthony Mundine and uncle of James Roberts
Tony Mundine (b. 1951), boxer and Father of Anthony
James Roberts (b. 1993), South Sydney/Penrith/Gold Coast/Brisbane NRL Rugby league player; nephew of Amos and second cousin of Anthony Mundine
Wes Patten (b. 1974), Balmain, Gold Coast, South Sydney and St George Illawarra NRL player; cousin of Anthony, Amos and Robbie
Robbie Simpson Rugby league player with St. George, and cousin of Anthony, Amos, Robbie and Wes
Rod Silva (b. 1967), Eastern Suburbs and Canterbury Bulldogs player; Uncle of all of the above
Buddy Gordon (b. 1987), South Sydney, Canterbury and Penrith NRL player; Cousin of all of the above
Reece Robinson (b. 1987), Lebanon international, Brisbane/Canberra/Parramatta NRL player; Cousin of all of the above
Travis Robinson Twin of Reece Robinson
Nathan Merritt (b. 1983), New South Wales Origin representative, South Sydney/Cronulla-Sutherland NRL player; Cousin of all of the above
Michael Roberts nephew of Amos Roberts and brother of James Roberts
Matt Mundine South Sydney Under 20s Player, Newtown Jets Player (NSW Cup); brother of Anthony, nephew of Mickey, Cousin of all of the above
Tyrone Roberts (b. 1991) Newcastle (Cousin to all the above)
Brian Kelly (b. 1996) Manly-Warringah player; cousin to all the above
Tyronne Roberts-Davis (b. 1997) Titans (Nephew to Amos and cousin to all the above)

Demps

Post by Demps » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 11:18 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:

Has a bit of FG experience too.
Would be a good signing, even if just for depth.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 11:29 am

cochise wrote:
bp tiger wrote:
cochise wrote:
Telltails wrote:

Because credit is not being given where it should, I am not picking a fight. To criticize the club and say they have signed no one is wrong, to compare them to other clubs who have signed for next year is wrong. The club would have been better off leaving Mbye at the dogs this year and let him come next year, as was originally planned, because at least people would be happy that we have one of the better signings for next year.

To bag the club over lack of signings for next year when they have negotiated for their first big 2019 signing to come early is disrespectful. If you read what the Pom , other signings are likely and he is usually on the money!
so again u bring up mybe, so u would be happy if hes the only signing we have for next year, and lets face facts here, we are about to lose another 5-6 players at the end of this season. so where is the class cattle that we need going to come from, not much left. what will happen we will pick up fringe 1st graders again and some kids who may or may not make it. all that does is put us on the same old merry go round. and i realize its hard to sign players but we have a fist full of dollars, and i dont want us to pay massive overs but at least buy some top class up and comers if nothing else.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 11:38 am

over the head...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 11:43 am

Lets be honest here, Any class cattle is usually retained by their current club.

We need to be a place that is more than a easy pay check.

I want the club to be more selective in its recruitment.

We will see a few more leave at years end which is good.

Again - Retaining Coach Cleary is the Key

cochise

Post by cochise » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 12:21 pm

bp tiger wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 11:29 am
cochise wrote:
bp tiger wrote:
cochise wrote:

so again u bring up mybe, so u would be happy if hes the only signing we have for next year, and lets face facts here, we are about to lose another 5-6 players at the end of this season. so where is the class cattle that we need going to come from, not much left. what will happen we will pick up fringe 1st graders again and some kids who may or may not make it. all that does is put us on the same old merry go round. and i realize its hard to sign players but we have a fist full of dollars, and i dont want us to pay massive overs but at least buy some top class up and comers if nothing else.
Again you dismiss the signing of Mbye and Farah because it doesn't allow you to bag the club, list for me the signings that other clubs have made for 2019 that are bigger than Mbye? There may be one or two arguably bigger signings but we got him at a discount and 6 months early!

I would not be happy if Mbye was our only signing for 2019, but he wont be. I will literally bet you my house that he is not our only signing for 2019, what will you put up?

Pom has a very good record of knowing what is going on in the club and if he says the club has some targets that we will hear about at the end of the season then I believe him. What you want is for the club to blow its wad on the very slim pickings that are available at the moment. Patience is key here my friend

Notice how I addressed all the points in your post and didn't cherry pick the parts that suited my agenda. ;)