Brooks

Eddie
Member
Member
Posts: 3569
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 3:05 pm

Brooks

Post by Eddie » Thu 23 Aug, 2018 10:30 pm

Geez he is a good runner of the ball and has tackled well this year - but he can be a headless chook in terms of organising a team.

He has had a good season don't get me wrong. His best season in the NRL. However there is an organising part of his passing game which is missing completely for mine. Not getting the team into good shape or formation under pressure.

Maybe Im being harsh as he doesnt have a whole lot of great targets. Its not like we have blokes inside and outside of him that will make him look great in terms ion sprinting away or running over blokes.

Im not saying trade him -he is the best we have. In a team lacking speed. But aspects of his game frustrate me greatly 100 games in.


Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4864
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 23 Aug, 2018 10:38 pm

I think he still goes missing a bit too much.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10150
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Thu 23 Aug, 2018 10:40 pm

He stands too far up in the line when going for a clearing kick

He needs to be back 10 meters like when Jamie Soward was at the Dragons .
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

User avatar
Tiger Steve
Member
Member
Posts: 1877
Joined: Wed 29 Mar, 2017 5:30 pm
Location: Chatswood West

Post by Tiger Steve » Thu 23 Aug, 2018 10:49 pm

Geez - do we need a Brooks thread every week?
He’s a dam fine player doing a great job consistently in an average team.
And he’s loyal
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

User avatar
Sabre
Member
Member
Posts: 6932
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:06 pm
Location: Tiger Town

Post by Sabre » Thu 23 Aug, 2018 10:53 pm

Has trouble reading a game and making decisions based on that.
His kick that went dead in goal late in the game today to give Manly a 7 tackle set is a perfect example.


hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10150
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Thu 23 Aug, 2018 10:55 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 23 Aug, 2018 10:49 pm
Geez - do we need a Brooks thread every week?
He’s a dam fine player doing a great job consistently in an average team.
And he’s loyal
My dogs loyal too but it’s still stupid
:lol:

Brooks is going ok though !!
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

User avatar
Tiger Steve
Member
Member
Posts: 1877
Joined: Wed 29 Mar, 2017 5:30 pm
Location: Chatswood West

Post by Tiger Steve » Thu 23 Aug, 2018 10:57 pm

hobbo wrote:
Thu 23 Aug, 2018 10:55 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 23 Aug, 2018 10:49 pm
Geez - do we need a Brooks thread every week?
He’s a dam fine player doing a great job consistently in an average team.
And he’s loyal
My dogs loyal too but it’s still stupid
:lol:

Brooks is going ok though !!
How many forced drop outs has your dog engineered??😉
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10150
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Thu 23 Aug, 2018 11:00 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 23 Aug, 2018 10:57 pm
hobbo wrote:
Thu 23 Aug, 2018 10:55 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 23 Aug, 2018 10:49 pm
Geez - do we need a Brooks thread every week?
He’s a dam fine player doing a great job consistently in an average team.
And he’s loyal
My dogs loyal too but it’s still stupid
:lol:

Brooks is going ok though !!
How many forced drop outs has your dog engineered??😉
One a day for 14 years !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

krayola
Member
Member
Posts: 723
Joined: Sat 26 Jun, 2010 10:12 am

Post by krayola » Thu 23 Aug, 2018 11:23 pm

:roll :roll :roll
hobbo wrote:
Thu 23 Aug, 2018 11:00 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 23 Aug, 2018 10:57 pm
hobbo wrote:
Thu 23 Aug, 2018 10:55 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 23 Aug, 2018 10:49 pm
Geez - do we need a Brooks thread every week?
He’s a dam fine player doing a great job consistently in an average team.
And he’s loyal
My dogs loyal too but it’s still stupid
:lol:

Brooks is going ok though !!
How many forced drop outs has your dog engineered??😉
One a day for 14 years !
:roll :roll :roll
One of my sources is Pascoe

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 3193
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by magpiecol » Thu 23 Aug, 2018 11:26 pm

Eddie wrote:
Thu 23 Aug, 2018 10:30 pm
Geez he is a good runner of the ball and has tackled well this year - but he can be a headless chook in terms of organising a team.

He has had a good season don't get me wrong. His best season in the NRL. However there is an organising part of his passing game which is missing completely for mine. Not getting the team into good shape or formation under pressure.

Maybe Im being harsh as he doesnt have a whole lot of great targets. Its not like we have blokes inside and outside of him that will make him look great in terms ion sprinting away or running over blokes.

Im not saying trade him -he is the best we have. In a team lacking speed. But aspects of his game frustrate me greatly 100 games in.

Couldn't organise a chook raffle.

Not a halfbacks bootlace. Can run a bit though.

:brick:

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5532
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Thu 23 Aug, 2018 11:29 pm

hobbo wrote:
Thu 23 Aug, 2018 11:00 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 23 Aug, 2018 10:57 pm
hobbo wrote:
Thu 23 Aug, 2018 10:55 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 23 Aug, 2018 10:49 pm
Geez - do we need a Brooks thread every week?
He’s a dam fine player doing a great job consistently in an average team.
And he’s loyal
My dogs loyal too but it’s still stupid
:lol:

Brooks is going ok though !!
How many forced drop outs has your dog engineered??😉
One a day for 14 years !
Funniest conversation I've read for years.
:roll

Fade To Black
Member
Member
Posts: 5462
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 5:51 pm

Post by Fade To Black » Fri 24 Aug, 2018 12:19 am

hobbo wrote:
Thu 23 Aug, 2018 11:00 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 23 Aug, 2018 10:57 pm
hobbo wrote:
Thu 23 Aug, 2018 10:55 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 23 Aug, 2018 10:49 pm
Geez - do we need a Brooks thread every week?
He’s a dam fine player doing a great job consistently in an average team.
And he’s loyal
My dogs loyal too but it’s still stupid
:lol:

Brooks is going ok though !!
How many forced drop outs has your dog engineered??😉
One a day for 14 years !
:roll

He's an Immortal in more ways than one! :master:

User avatar
diedpretty
Member
Member
Posts: 2639
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 7:31 am
Location: port macquarie

Post by diedpretty » Fri 24 Aug, 2018 12:50 am

He should be playing at 5/8 - he runs well, very quick, passes well, backs up , doesn't read a play all that well and doesn't organise all that well. He throws a lot of hospital passes because he doesnt read the game fast enough one out from the ruck.

Boonboon2
Member
Member
Posts: 1820
Joined: Tue 12 Feb, 2013 5:10 pm

Post by Boonboon2 » Fri 24 Aug, 2018 7:47 am

hobbo wrote:
Thu 23 Aug, 2018 10:55 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 23 Aug, 2018 10:49 pm
Geez - do we need a Brooks thread every week?
He’s a dam fine player doing a great job consistently in an average team.
And he’s loyal
My dogs loyal too but it’s still stupid
:lol:

Brooks is going ok though !!
Mayby its not the dog ?

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5068
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Fri 24 Aug, 2018 8:33 am

He'd be going a lot better if he got the ball earlier - instead it goes to Marshall 75% of the time.

Doesn't get it most of the time even when he calls for it.

criwdfluffer
Member
Member
Posts: 546
Joined: Mon 15 Feb, 2016 9:34 am

Post by criwdfluffer » Fri 24 Aug, 2018 9:16 am

IM enjoying Brooksie this yar.

IMO he is defo a running hald anda dangerous one at that.

If we got an organiser like NC in it would free Luke up and let him run.

best year by far.

matchball
Member
Member
Posts: 1708
Joined: Tue 18 Nov, 2014 3:21 pm

Post by matchball » Fri 24 Aug, 2018 9:30 am

criwdfluffer wrote:
Fri 24 Aug, 2018 9:16 am
IM enjoying Brooksie this yar.

IMO he is defo a running hald anda dangerous one at that.

If we got an organiser like NC in it would free Luke up and let him run.

best year by far.
Best year so far?
We have the worst attack for 2018. Its not Lukes fault entirely but he can't take control of games and thats the problem.

User avatar
underdog
Member
Member
Posts: 5324
Joined: Tue 27 Apr, 2010 5:25 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Post by underdog » Fri 24 Aug, 2018 9:54 am

He gets overridden by other personalities in the team still way too often.

Start of the year was awesome as he really took control. Towards the end of the season has gone missing more and more, but isn't always his fault.

Even Brandy Alexander made mention of him screaming for the ball a couple of times last night, and being ignored.
Image

Post Reply