Jason Taylor Manly?

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3302
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Re: Jason Taylor Manly?

Post by Nelson » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 7:01 pm

WT2K wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 6:51 pm
Taylor has no interest in the Manly job. Via 7 News
Taylor knows he won't be offered the Manly job. Via me.


NT Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3021
Joined: Sun 28 Apr, 2013 9:00 am
Location: Sitting in front of the computer (again)

Post by NT Tiger » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 7:04 pm

Nelson wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 7:01 pm
WT2K wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 6:51 pm
Taylor has no interest in the Manly job. Via 7 News
Taylor knows he won't be offered the Manly job. Via me.
Thats because he's coming back here!
"Quality Stupidity"

User avatar
Tiger Steve
Member
Member
Posts: 1860
Joined: Wed 29 Mar, 2017 5:30 pm
Location: Chatswood West

Post by Tiger Steve » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 7:08 pm

The manly job has no interest in Taylor
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2753
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 8:04 pm

Said he'd prefer to coach North Sydney reserve grade rather Manly, that's a slap in the face for all those stuck up Manly fans.

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8152
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 8:20 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 8:04 pm
Said he'd prefer to coach North Sydney reserve grade rather Manly, that's a slap in the face for all those stuck up Manly fans.
LOL. Ouch.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.


bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2753
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 8:25 pm

Demps wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 8:20 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 8:04 pm
Said he'd prefer to coach North Sydney reserve grade rather Manly, that's a slap in the face for all those stuck up Manly fans.
LOL. Ouch.
That's just what those stuck up [automatically edited] deserve.
I'd love for Manly to get the spoon next year or share it with Parra.

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 6021
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 9:10 pm

Nelson wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 7:01 pm
WT2K wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 6:51 pm
Taylor has no interest in the Manly job. Via 7 News
Taylor knows he won't be offered the Manly job. Via me.
Well played.

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 6342
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 9:10 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 7:08 pm
The manly job has no interest in Taylor
That would be more like it, the players probably threatened to walk when they read that story, so any talks would have been terminated, if in fact any took place.
Go hard or go home

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22371
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 10:03 pm

851 wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 9:10 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 7:08 pm
The manly job has no interest in Taylor
That would be more like it, the players probably threatened to walk when they read that story, so any talks would have been terminated, if in fact any took place.
There is a report circulating that DCE will ask for a release if Neil Henry is appointed. No such reports about Taylor.

Eddie
Member
Member
Posts: 3569
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by Eddie » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 10:52 pm

WT2K wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 6:51 pm
Taylor has no interest in the Manly job. Via 7 News
Translation.

He was never in the running.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29199
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 6:02 am

Eddie wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 10:52 pm
WT2K wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 6:51 pm
Taylor has no interest in the Manly job. Via 7 News
Translation.

He was never in the running.
Apparently he didnt apply for it
Another of those media maths where 2 & 2 = 5
Speculation eh

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6279
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 8:46 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 5:15 pm
But but he won’t ever get another first grade gig. So said the experts.
He won’t get even near another first grade coaching job ever again.

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4859
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 8:55 am

It would interesting the see the list of names of whom he signed on, promoted and demoted at WT. If there any patterns.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

User avatar
diedpretty
Member
Member
Posts: 2635
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 7:31 am
Location: port macquarie

Post by diedpretty » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 9:23 am

Lauren wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 5:38 pm
He’s got some big cojones (if this eventuates). He took us on at our worst period and now allegedly interested in a vulnerable Manly. He may have became a punching bag but I admire him more than I do Ivan Cleary right now, if not just for his transparency alone.
Didn’t like him as a coach for the simple fact he didn’t play JAC and Farah as well as let Taupau go but signed C Sironen for same amount anyway.
Good post - i never can understand the hate for JT - yes he was a pretty ordinary coach and made a few really bad decisions but he was also placed in an unenviable situation at WT with poor playing roster and no money or the power to recruit. And in the midst of the mess WT were in he got the team to 9th only 1 point out of the finals. 2018 Ivan gets the team to 9th but 6 points out of the finals and everyone salivates at what a great job he has done as coach. But, but Ivan changed the culture - yea right - and is now trying his hardest to destroy it.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3347
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 9:39 am

diedpretty wrote:
Fri 12 Oct, 2018 9:23 am
Lauren wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 5:38 pm
He’s got some big cojones (if this eventuates). He took us on at our worst period and now allegedly interested in a vulnerable Manly. He may have became a punching bag but I admire him more than I do Ivan Cleary right now, if not just for his transparency alone.
Didn’t like him as a coach for the simple fact he didn’t play JAC and Farah as well as let Taupau go but signed C Sironen for same amount anyway.
Good post - i never can understand the hate for JT - yes he was a pretty ordinary coach and made a few really bad decisions but he was also placed in an unenviable situation at WT with poor playing roster and no money or the power to recruit. And in the midst of the mess WT were in he got the team to 9th only 1 point out of the finals. 2018 Ivan gets the team to 9th but 6 points out of the finals and everyone salivates at what a great job he has done as coach. But, but Ivan changed the culture - yea right - and is now trying his hardest to destroy it.
In JTs best year he won less games than Ivan.I would be amazed if any club would be stupid enough to hire JT again unless they where planning to fold

Telltails
Member
Member
Posts: 2683
Joined: Fri 18 Apr, 2014 3:24 pm

Post by Telltails » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 9:57 am

Dont doubt his passion for the game, but creates drama and makes enemies where ever he goes.
He never seems to learn from past mistakes and as soon as he is vulnerable in any way deflects the blame elsewhere.
Good luck to any club brave enough to put him in a position of power cause they will need it.

User avatar
diedpretty
Member
Member
Posts: 2635
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 7:31 am
Location: port macquarie

Post by diedpretty » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 9:59 am

jadtiger wrote:
Fri 12 Oct, 2018 9:39 am
diedpretty wrote:
Fri 12 Oct, 2018 9:23 am
Lauren wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 5:38 pm
He’s got some big cojones (if this eventuates). He took us on at our worst period and now allegedly interested in a vulnerable Manly. He may have became a punching bag but I admire him more than I do Ivan Cleary right now, if not just for his transparency alone.
Didn’t like him as a coach for the simple fact he didn’t play JAC and Farah as well as let Taupau go but signed C Sironen for same amount anyway.
Good post - i never can understand the hate for JT - yes he was a pretty ordinary coach and made a few really bad decisions but he was also placed in an unenviable situation at WT with poor playing roster and no money or the power to recruit. And in the midst of the mess WT were in he got the team to 9th only 1 point out of the finals. 2018 Ivan gets the team to 9th but 6 points out of the finals and everyone salivates at what a great job he has done as coach. But, but Ivan changed the culture - yea right - and is now trying his hardest to destroy it.
In JTs best year he won less games than Ivan.I would be amazed if any club would be stupid enough to hire JT again unless they where planning to fold
I wouldn't sign him - just surprised at the hate for him - lot of it must be a personal dislike of the guy and what has happened in the past. As for his time at WT his coaching wasn't up to standard but i don't think thats enough reason for the level of hate for him on this forum.

User avatar
Masterton
Member
Member
Posts: 2493
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 6:57 pm

Post by Masterton » Fri 12 Oct, 2018 10:24 am

Nelson wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 7:01 pm
WT2K wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 6:51 pm
Taylor has no interest in the Manly job. Via 7 News
Taylor knows he won't be offered the Manly job. Via me.
Where there's smoke, there's fire!
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Post Reply