no 24.

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Saturday 7 Feb, 7:30pm
Venue: Blue Tongue Stadium
Telecast: None
tiger91

Re: no 24.

Post by tiger91 » Mon 13 Feb, 2012 3:12 pm

Sabre, when talking about costly show boating, Jarryd Hayne V Storm last year at Parra comes to mind.

Could have easily gotten over the line in a comfortable position for Burt to attempt his conversion. Instead, he heads for the corner and attempts to dive and contort his body to score, only to fumble the ball mid air.

I think Cameron Smith later said he could have easily scored but went for the show boat.

From memory, the scores were that close, if he scores then Parra would have won.

Posted using RoarFEED

tigerlogic

Post by tigerlogic » Tue 14 Feb, 2012 9:03 am

Tiger I actually remember parra having a comfortable lea at the time of the hayne showboating, but the scores ended up close towards the end, hayne was a goose

Posted using RoarFEED

tiger91

Post by tiger91 » Tue 14 Feb, 2012 9:11 am

Yes Tigerlogic. From memory it may have been 8-0 to Parramatta at half time and then 18-0 to Parramatta before Melbourne came back to win 22-18.

Hayne scores and the game could have well gone to Parramatta.

Posted using RoarFEED

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 14 Feb, 2012 10:10 am

Can I say this, I'm glad he did that in a trial and not in a semi final sudden death game

He will learn so much from that error

Sometimes though on a ground you rarely play at you can become slightly disorientated and maybe he lost his bearing and dived too early I've seen it before

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Tue 14 Feb, 2012 10:50 am

Error aside,he looked very fast!!

tiger91

Post by tiger91 » Tue 14 Feb, 2012 12:05 pm

Yes, Chisholm looked very sharpe out on Saturday night. Looks like a natural speedster too.

Posted using RoarFEED

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Tue 14 Feb, 2012 1:35 pm

thats what i neglected to tell you guys, but the lad did have some pace, but not as much pace as Grant who cut back in, and from standing start as compared to Chisholm already racing to the tryline, caught up to Chisholm in a heartbeat. Grant has speed to burn thats for sure. I remember that play because i wasnt looking at Chisholm the guy about to score, but that guy on the inside who caught my eye with the pedal to the metal. That guy was Grant.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Tue 14 Feb, 2012 1:56 pm

I have to agree Chisolm is a good player, also have heard good things about young Rudolph from some friends from Q.L.D he can play.

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Tue 14 Feb, 2012 2:59 pm

Rudolph is a Benji clone, the similarity is amazing! He does that cut out pass to the winger just like Benji.

I heard good things about him at Keebra. Our depth this year is exciting!!

tiger91

Post by tiger91 » Tue 14 Feb, 2012 7:34 pm

With a bit of luck, at the end of the year we might find ourselves in a position on the ladder that can allow us to rest some big names before the finals and bring in some exciting talent like Chrisholm, Grant, Rulfolph etc.

Be good to be able to rest our stars knowing our position on the ladder won't suffer because of it.

Posted using RoarFEED

redemption

Post by redemption » Tue 14 Feb, 2012 8:03 pm

tiger91 wrote:With a bit of luck, at the end of the year we might find ourselves in a position on the ladder that can allow us to rest some big names before the finals and bring in some exciting talent like Chrisholm, Grant, Rulfolph etc.

Be good to be able to rest our stars knowing our position on the ladder won't suffer because of it.

Posted using RoarFEED
You never rest players (and become complacent) unless injury dictates and you have the luxury of the sort of buffer you suggest! But there are no buffers in the modern game as the competition is consistently too close to bank on a top 4 position until it becomes a mathematical inevitability.

Our game is built on momentum and if the team has that at the back end of the season - we need to maintain that rhythm and consistent football for the boys!

Spectators like to think they understand the notion of a "rest" because of the inherent risks in our game - however game time is actually a reward to the players afer all the hours of hard training they put in - so never suggest any of our stars would want a "rest"!!

Cheers!

PS - As for Dane Chisolm - he is a real talent but could easily become the next Arana Taumata (off-field indiscretions completely aside)!

Balmain Tiger

Post by Balmain Tiger » Tue 14 Feb, 2012 8:42 pm

few highlights of him. very impressive