2.ayshoford
3.moltzen
4.lawrence
5.ryan
6.benji
7.taumata

Aladinsane

Post by Aladinsane » Fri 16 Oct, 2009 7:41 am

If Lote signs, and while TnT is gaining fitness, the first 5 or so rounds will see this happen, IMO

1.Moltzen
2.Tuquiri
3.Ayshford
4.Lawrence
5.Ryan

6.Marshall
7.Taumata.

8.Gibbs
9.Farah
10.Galloway
11.Ellis
12.Heignington
13.Fulton

14.Flanagan
15.Payten
16.Cayless
17.Moors

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Fri 16 Oct, 2009 9:30 am

There is no way that we are gonna put Lote on the wing,I know its been said by Sheensie,but imo its BS.

You dont pay top coin for a winger,either centre or FB.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Fri 16 Oct, 2009 1:09 pm

simonthetiger wrote:There is no way that we are gonna put Lote on the wing,I know its been said by Sheensie,but imo its BS.

You dont pay top coin for a winger,either centre or FB.
I think u cant take a players paycheck in to account. If Lote doesnt excel at fullback, then we have to think "ok, where can he have the most influence for us"? And i think thats from the wing. I believe wingers have more influence over a game than centre's. Centre's rely on the ball coming to them and can quite often drift out of a game and only have a defensive influence, where as wingers have the ability to go looking for the ball. From the wing, Lote can be dangerous on kick returns, use his height to both score and defuse tries from bombs, take pressure off the forwards and generally touch the ball more. That has to be worth more money than a centre? And its quite easy to get the best of both worlds. If Lote is on the right wing outside Ayshford, he can quite easily move inside Blake in attack sometimes, a bit like how Hopoate and Kev MacGuinnes used to.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Fri 16 Oct, 2009 1:23 pm

You have to be a much better player to be a centre than a winger,centres have the best players running at them with the most space,wingers have the sidelines and time for a rest.

I hear what you are saying,but you dont sign marquee wingers on big coin,centre or FB for sure.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Fri 16 Oct, 2009 1:30 pm

maybe I'm jumping the gun, but I would just like wests-tigers to make the top 8.
as for who plays in which position, there will be alot of shuffling until the right combo is found.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Fri 16 Oct, 2009 8:59 pm

I am praying the news on Lote is correct. I'd be happy to play him at either fullback or winger solely because I think Ayshford & Lawrence give us plenty in both centre roles.

Imagine Tui & Lote on the wings - then again a centre combination of Lote & Lawrence would have to be one of the best centre combinations in the game.

alien

Post by alien » Tue 20 Oct, 2009 9:53 pm

simonthetiger wrote:I hear what you are saying,but you dont sign marquee wingers on big coin,centre or FB for sure.
But he might play on the wing whilst Tuiaki is out though.

We have to sign him first anyway :lol: