Sheens, Marshall post match presser

ImageImageImage
innsaneink

Sheens, Marshall post match presser

Post by innsaneink » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 12:18 am

http://www.foxsports.com.au/League/wst- ... =FoxSports
Sheens wrote:"There'll always be speculation about the coach when the season drops away, two weeks ago there wasnt that issue, two weeks down the track there is"
In denial as usual.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 12:20 am

He's just a master manipulator. If he keeps telling the media there is no pressure on him, there will be no pressure on him.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 12:35 am

It's what he does best.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 12:40 am

Yeah he has been bog ordinary since the late nineties but he must talk a hell of a game. Even if we sacked him tomorrow he would walk into a gig at the Warriors before close of business Monday.

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 12:46 am

After watching the press conference one this is clear. Everyone direct their anger and dissapointment at Humpty with regards to Sheens 2013.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

mtd

Post by mtd » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 12:54 am

"If they decide to move me on, then they'll move me on," Sheens said post-match. "That's the club, it's not me. That is something out of my control. It's something for the club to consider. There will always be speculation about the coach when a season drops away. Two weeks ago there wasn't that issue, two weeks down the track there is. But my plans are we've got to work hard to improve on what went wrong this year."
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... z25EJrLdMo

he hasn't really done anything wrong in what he said imo. he's good with words, he's just not that good at coaching.

Bismark

Post by Bismark » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 1:03 am

Nothing surprising in that conference. I like that he blamed a lack of depth over injuries, that at least shows that the club will be thinking at filling in those key roles (prop, halves).

Karma Tiger

Post by Karma Tiger » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 4:52 am

Bismark wrote:Nothing surprising in that conference. I like that he blamed a lack of depth over injuries, that at least shows that the club will be thinking at filling in those key roles (prop, halves).

We the faans have been screaming out for a prop and halves for 7 years all under the tutelage of sheens.It seems what he says and what he does are two different things.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 6:57 am

Wests Tigers crash out of the NRL competition after big loss to the Melbourne Storm

James Hooper
The Daily Telegraph
September 02, 2012 12:00AM

WESTS Tigers' winter of discontent is officially over and the inquisition will begin as to how a team touted premiership favourites in March could miss the finals.

Tigers coach Tim Sheens declared the entire club was under review after the Melbourne Storm booked a home semi-final against South Sydney with a clinical three-tries-to-one win.

But the victory came at a huge cost, with Storm centre Will Chambers forced off at the start of the second half with a hamstring injury and forward Todd Lowrie suffering a pectoral problem.

The Storm-Rabbitohs clash pits Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy up against his former assistant coach Michael Maguire and Greg Inglis, Michael Crocker and Matt King against their old teammates.

Tigers coach Sheens was philosophical when pressed about the club possibly tapping him on the shoulder with two years to run on his contract.

In 10 seasons at Concord, Sheens has made three finals series and won the 2005 title.

"There will always be speculation about the coach when the season drops away," Sheens said.

"Two weeks ago there wasn't that issue. Two weeks down the track there is. That's out of my control, but it's something for the club to consider. If they decide to move me on then they'll move me on, that's up to the club.

"But my plans are to work hard to improve what went wrong this year and make sure it doesn't happen again next season. Like any club that misses the eight, there are going to be heavy reviews.

"You always do that. Our recruitment, we will have to look hard at that again and maybe we'll have to be a little tougher in that area as well."

With English international Gareth Ellis departing and Braith Anasta, Eddy Pettybourne and Bodene Thompson set to join the club next season, the Tigers will have a slightly different look.

This year, the inability to get consistency in the spine - fullback, five-eighth, half and hooker - cruelled the club's run at the finals. Benji Marshall, Curtis Sironen, Blake Ayshford, Liam Fulton and Chris Lawrence all spent time in the five-eighth role.

Missing captain Robbie Farah for the final two games of the season with a broken hand was also crucial.

Marshall admitted he struggled to run the show on his own against the Storm.

Unforced errors like failing to find touch with a penalty kick and some soft defensive lapses also took a toll.

"Every team's goal is to make the eight and try to have a go at winning it, but we obviously don't get that chance now," Marshall said.

"I'm not going to lie, I wasn't happy with my game today. It wasn't one of my best. It's not through lack of trying, I was probably trying too hard.

"To not have that chance to have a crack at the title is the thing that hurts most."

Sheens said the club would immediately begin a review of the season.

"We'll look at it from staff down," Sheens said.

"It will be a complete club review and then give them all some time off and back into training six weeks after the grand final.

"We've had our chances and we've blown some chances. We've played some good football and we've played some terrible football."

"Too many three and four game losses in a row.

"Our depth needs to improve as well because we really have trouble when one or two of our key players drop out.

"It has just a season of disappointment."

MELBOURNE 26 (R Hoffman S Manu B Norrie K Proctor S Waqa tries C Smith 3 goals) bt WESTS TIGERS 6 (B Marshall try B Marshall goal) at Leichhardt Oval. Referee: Tony Archer, Brett Suttor. Crowd: 10,834

willow

Post by willow » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 6:57 am

Wests Tigers season comes to an end in 26-6 loss
By Wayne Cousins

Saturday 1 September 2012 10:33 PM
Wests Tigers season comes to an end in 26-6 loss

Wests Tigers season came to an end tonight with a 26-6 loss to the Melbourne Storm at Leichhardt Oval tonight in round 26 of the Telstra Premiership.

Needing to win to keep alive their quest to make the finals, Wests Tigers tried hard but were dominated by a classy Storm outfit.

The match marked the last appearance in a Wests Tigers jersey for England international second-rower Gareth Ellis.

The Storm opened the scoring in the 16th minute when second-rower Sitka Manu scored near the posts after a break down the left flank by centre Dane Nielsen. It came on the back of a loose pass by Wests Tigers on the attack inside the Storm’s quarter that saw centre Will Chambers race down the touchline to be ankle tapped from behind by flying Fijian winger Marika Korobeit. Captain and hooker Cameron Smith failed to convert the try for a 4-0 lead.

Wests Tigers second-rower Adam Blair was placed on report in the 22nd minute for a forearm on forward Caiman Lowe.

The Storm went to an 8-0 lead in the 25th minute when second-rower Kevin Proctor crashed through the tackle of Adam Blair and Beau Ryan to score out wide. Melbourne got possession after Wests Tigers half-back Benj Marshall offloaded a one handed pass under pressure 20 metres out from their own tryline after taking an intercept pass. Smith converted the try for a 10-0 lead after 26 minutes.

Wests Tigers got on the board when Marshall scored in the 38th minute off a good offload and run by prop Junior Moors 10 metres out from the Storm’s tryline. Marshall converted the try to leave Wests Tigers trailing 10-4 at half-time.

2nd Half
The Storm went to a 14-4 lead when forward Bryan Norrie scored off a Cooper Cronk bomb which was knocked back by fullback Billy Slater. Smith converted the try for a 16-6 scoreline after 57 minutes.

Melbourne went to a 20-6 lead when Bryan Norrie scored off a Cooper Cronk bomb in the 67th minute that was knocked back by Billy Slater. Smith converted the try for 22-6 lead.

The Storm scored again late in the 75th minute through a try to winger Sisa Waqa.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 7:11 am

Snodgrass

Post by Snodgrass » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 7:16 am

"with a clinical three tries to one win"

Hoopes must have been scribbling when the Storm added tries 4 and 5.
We deserve better than journo's making sloppy mistakes like this ... Get rid of him Rupert - hire someone who can type and watch at the same time.
Sack Sheens - very poor result this season
Sack Benji - shocking last night
Sack that touch judge with one sock down who holds the flag oh so effeminately
Sack Julia
Sack Tony
Sack sloppy journo's
Sack Blair
Sack reality TV
Sack my ex wife (oh yeah, she's already sacked me)
Sack Wayne Pearce, Terry Lamb etc

Bugger, I'm all sacked out ...
. Please Note ... The somewhat garbled opinion reproduced above is not the work of former Western Suburbs, Newtown and Parramatta second rower Warren Snodgrass.

Tiger_heart

Post by Tiger_heart » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 8:44 am

Where was the 3-5 year plan post 2005, I'd like to ask...C'mon Sheensy, you and Benji would do very well with the Warriors, playing jungle ball...

LCA

Post by LCA » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 9:04 am

I thought Sheensy was very calm about the speculation of his sacking when raised in that interview. Made me think maybe he expects it??

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 9:14 am

mtd wrote:
"If they decide to move me on, then they'll move me on," Sheens said post-match. "That's the club, it's not me. That is something out of my control. It's something for the club to consider. There will always be speculation about the coach when a season drops away. Two weeks ago there wasn't that issue, two weeks down the track there is. But my plans are we've got to work hard to improve on what went wrong this year."
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... z25EJrLdMo

he hasn't really done anything wrong in what he said imo. he's good with words, he's just not that good at coaching.
O rly?
There will always be speculation about the coach when a season drops away. Two weeks ago there wasn't that issue,
Someones telling porkies, someones in denial.

weststigers4life

Post by weststigers4life » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 9:16 am

TWO of rugby league's most experienced coaches face uncertain futures, with the positions of Wests Tigers' four-time premiership winner Tim Sheens and the Sydney Roosters' Brian Smith both on the chopping block.

The Sunday Telegraph has been told Sheens has a clause in his contract stating if the Tigers fail to make the finals the veteran coach can be shown the door.

The catch is Sheens has to be paid out up to half of his contract - a situation the joint venture club cannot afford to get itself into.

We can also reveal that Tigers directors discussed moving Sheens on at a board meeting three weeks ago.

Privately, some suggested the Kangaroos coach be shown the door with two years to run on his contract.

But the problem is the club cannot afford to sack Sheens and then recruit a new head honcho in a move that would cost up to $1 million.

Further complicating the scenario, there are no better alternative coaches currently off contract and available to take up the Wests Tigers role next season.

Despite the move being discussed at board level, Tigers chief executive Stephen Humphreys said Sheens' position was not under review.

"Tim's position is not under review," Humphreys said.

"We, as a club, have committed ourselves to Tim and we see him as the best man for the job moving forward.

"The fact that some people continue to look for opportunities to push an anti-Tim agenda is out of our control.

"The fact that the media also continues to give it more credit than it deserves is unfortunate."

The Sheens detractors point to the fact the 669-game coaching veteran has only made three finals series in the past 15 seasons.

The Sunday Telegraph has been told Tigers directors have discussed telling Sheens to move his entire support staff - recruitment manager Warren McDonnell, physiotherapist Andrew Leeds and football manager Bryan Hyder - out of the club over the off-season.

On the field, the Tigers have disappointed this season after opting to move on props Bryce Gibbs and Andrew Fifita and recruit Kiwi Test forward Adam Blair from the Melbourne Storm.

Blair, purchased to add an intimidatory edge to the Tigers pack, has failed to deliver value for money.

At the Sydney Roosters, club powerbrokers are convinced the game has gone past 25-year veteran Smith, with Tricolours management poised to appoint Jason Taylor into the head coaching role for next season.

The Bondi Junction outfit can then shift all its attention towards luring Melbourne Storm coach Craig Bellamy to the Sydney Roosters for the 2014 season.

Another article by Hooper, I was interested in the part that said we can't afford to pay him out & sign another coach, i would of thought that we were traveling well financial. Let's pass the hat around boys & get rid of Sheens.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 9:22 am

So we have Sheens saying everyone is under review
Humphreys says Sheens is not under review.
Typical.

Only $1m?

Whats the point of having a sponsor like Harry deep pockets......

Humpty, what a tool, extends Sheens for 3 years, and puts in a clause that the club can never enforce.
Way - to - go!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 9:40 am

The Anti Tim Group

We aren't Anti Tim , we are anti losing so pitifully week after week with the same agendas being run week after week year after year

This club needs to wake up to itself

Any other club with this sort of talk would be guaranteed to be getting a new coach for 2013

This club will probably offer Sheens another extension

Your right Ink ,they are a pack of tools