wow, we bashed them

tiger pom

Re: wow, we bashed them

Post by tiger pom » Sat 22 Mar, 2014 1:45 am

I dont think ive enjoyed a game as much as this one.To totally dominate against a side with as much hype and expectation as the Rabbits and see the frustration they showed throughout the second half was nearly as good to watch as Aaron Woods permanent smile.Wonderful!

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 22 Mar, 2014 1:50 am

If Fulton doesn't play next week then Sue will definitely start.

We're going to flog the Warriors. They always wilt when teams turn it into a bash em up and that seems to be our thing this year.

TJL

Post by TJL » Sat 22 Mar, 2014 1:59 am

MacDougall wrote:They always wilt when teams turn it into a bash em up and that seems to be our thing this year.
Us bash another team? Who would have thought such a thing during the days of Teflon Tim?

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 22 Mar, 2014 3:15 am

Was watching Farah's press conference yesterday and he was asked how they were gonna counter Souths giant forwards. He said that times have changed where they no longer have a small, mobile pack, they actually have a few legit giants who can go toe to toe with anyone.

Amazing to think how much things have changed in the last 2 yrs. No Sheens, no Benji, no boys club, no wingers on the bench, a forward pack that can match it size-wise with anyone in the comp, and a batch of young guys who could be anything in the yrs to come. It really is the start of a whole new era. Looking forward to watching Potters journey through the yr now he has a team he wants.

Lots of reasons to be excited atm.

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Sat 22 Mar, 2014 3:46 am

TJL wrote:
stryker wrote:I am one proud supporter.
x2

I thought if we got within 10 points of them we would have been doing well. Tonight was a shock and excellent to see. Souths will come up with excuses but the game was won upfront where they had no injuries.
i was going to be happy if they played with the same intensity as they did against the titans and came within 20!

early days, and im hesitant to fall head over heels right now (ive been hurt before!), but i remember in 05 smashing the cowboys in the first final and thinking "wow, the tigers are for real!".

if they keep this up then once again they will be for real. right now, im still just stoked they played so well tonight!

LCA

Post by LCA » Sat 22 Mar, 2014 7:58 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:Was watching Farah's press conference yesterday and he was asked how they were gonna counter Souths giant forwards. He said that times have changed where they no longer have a small, mobile pack, they actually have a few legit giants who can go toe to toe with anyone.

Amazing to think how much things have changed in the last 2 yrs. No Sheens, no Benji, no boys club, no wingers on the bench, a forward pack that can match it size-wise with anyone in the comp, and a batch of young guys who could be anything in the yrs to come. It really is the start of a whole new era. Looking forward to watching Potters journey through the yr now he has a team he wants.

Lots of reasons to be excited atm.
Totally agree. The next six weeks will really define the Potter impact, and I think it will be seen to be a positive one for the club. If we can keep up the controlled aggression, the confidence and composure under pressure, we are destined for a top 8 and maybe a high top 8 finish. Really impressive last night. Congrats to the boys!!

Post by 2041 » Sat 22 Mar, 2014 8:17 am

Meevinman wrote:One comment I had a bit of a chuckle at

"Seems balmain is still a dirty team ( I remember '69 well ). As for brookes, I don't use this term much, but on that performance tonight, I'd be calling him a grub of a player. In fact the whole team seemed hell bent & planned on baiting Souths. And it worked."
Heh I liked that one too. Souths have been getting away with cheap shots and dog acts for years now. Some of the stuff they were trying on Brooks and Tedesco was shameful. Yet this dribbler thinks Brooks is the grub? Difficult to see the game with your head jammed up your arse I guess.

There's also dozens of them blaming the refs, largely because they think they should have had a strip penalty before our last try. Yeah well what about the penalty try not given because Richards was supposedly in touch before another Rabbleohs thug tried to decapitate him? :crazy

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 22 Mar, 2014 8:38 am

Its called Attitude...we gave it to them in spades

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Sat 22 Mar, 2014 9:03 am

Two weeks ago we were talking about having to earn respect, flying under the radar and being underestimated by other teams. After last night, I think the squirrels will be the last team to underestimate us this season.
"Quality Stupidity"

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Sat 22 Mar, 2014 9:43 am

willow wrote:Sue has transformed physically during the offseason, there's not one ounce of fat on him and he looks so powerful through the thighs, hips and chest now. There was one run where he powered over the top of Burgess late in the game which was brilliant to see.
Exactly and he is not the only one. They have all filled out and that hard first year in first grade seems to have hardened the mentality.

One thing to remember is that it is difficult to play with this type of intensity every week in the first half of the season. There will be lapses, probably horrible ones too.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 22 Mar, 2014 10:49 am

Great aggression. Sensational. More of that please.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sat 22 Mar, 2014 12:00 pm

Souths did it to Roosters Rd 1, but appear to have been shocked to cop it themselves from us Rd 3. They would have pencilled us in a win pre-season.

I LOVED that moment where Sue left Burgess on the deck, about 10 to go. Summed up the whole match, a young and aggressive pack of nobodies sticking it to the "darlings" of the NRL.

I think it's a bit of a stretch to say we have the best bench in the comp, but when the teams subbed at 20, Souths dropped in intensity and we did not. It made all the difference.

I want to single out KG tonight too. He doesn't put on many huge hits or line-breaks, but he carried the Souths defenders all night and absorbed their best in the opening 20. He deserved to score that try, a really powerful and wily display from a bloke without many minutes to his name recently.

tigerlogic

Post by tigerlogic » Sat 22 Mar, 2014 12:14 pm

2041 wrote:
Meevinman wrote:One comment I had a bit of a chuckle at

"Seems balmain is still a dirty team ( I remember '69 well ). As for brookes, I don't use this term much, but on that performance tonight, I'd be calling him a grub of a player. In fact the whole team seemed hell bent & planned on baiting Souths. And it worked."
Heh I liked that one too. Souths have been getting away with cheap shots and dog acts for years now. Some of the stuff they were trying on Brooks and Tedesco was shameful. Yet this dribbler thinks Brooks is the grub? Difficult to see the game with your head jammed up your arse I guess.

There's also dozens of them blaming the refs, largely because they think they should have had a strip penalty before our last try. Yeah well what about the penalty try not given because Richards was supposedly in touch before another Rabbleohs thug tried to decapitate him? :crazy

I'm still wondering who this idiot from Souths is referring to when he said balmain... They didn't even play lastnight

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Mon 24 Mar, 2014 9:41 pm

tiger pom wrote:I dont think ive enjoyed a game as much as this one.To totally dominate against a side with as much hype and expectation as the Rabbits and see the frustration they showed throughout the second half was nearly as good to watch as Aaron Woods permanent smile.Wonderful!
The most enjoyable match in years for me too Tigerpom.
Not getting my hopes up just yet but it's looking like an enjoyable season.

Demonborger

Post by Demonborger » Mon 24 Mar, 2014 10:03 pm

MY favourite Tigers game since 2005 grandfinal, pure entertainment.

TJL

Post by TJL » Mon 24 Mar, 2014 10:12 pm

Looking at him during the game I know Woods enjoyed it and that is what all forwards should get off on - belting and baiting the opposition.