Blame Taylor if you want, but remember.....

GNR4LIFE

Blame Taylor if you want, but remember.....

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 8:49 pm

He's actually letting the team play football this yr, no restrictions. And this is where the players have to take their share of the blame for this mess. Sure JT's team selections have been ridiculous, but if this team was good enough they'd be able to overcome them. They haven't been selections that have been the difference between winning and losing.

Bottom line, while the coach needs to have a long hard look at himself, so do these players. Some of these players have been here since Sheens, and have been through Potter as well.

At what point do we start acknowledging the players role in this? They've been given free reign and they aren't responding at all.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 9:02 pm

Fair point. Ill acknowledge the halves are learning lessons that you cant take SOFT options all the time. Running on last plays, chip kicks, pushing passes all the time. There are times when you need to just build pressure and stay in the contest. Kevin Nquimaa throwing a flick pass on the 4th tackle was totally unnessesary.

They are getting the mix wrong.

However at the End of the day ......

last year we were losing playing Taylor Ball and one out football.

This year were losing playing with more adventure and making more errors.

I have always said we need to find the balance between playing to our players strengths and playing tough football. Taylor even said this is the press conference. Last year we were on the leash and were pedestrian and losing . This year they are off the leash and wildly erratic and losing.

Currently they are getting it wrong out there and the players and halves imparticular need to take some real blame.

Taylor was employed to try and win matches, whether is his fault or the players results do come under his watch like any coach.

Style doesn't really worry me, Im all about results if the players and Taylor can't get them then they all deserve to be under pressure. Like i said rpeviously i dont care if we win 1-0 or 40-30 i just want to win and were not doing that.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 9:06 pm

They showed Newcastle no respect todays and tried to beat them with flashy football. If you look at the games we have gone well in, there has been a platform of forwards putting in and making big metres.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 9:08 pm

Your right,,

Our first 2 games even though we played flashy football there were some really good Charges to set up our playes

It was Woods followed by Grant followed by Sue running really hard and tough.

We were earning the right to play flashy football by getting over the advantage line.

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 9:11 pm

I might post some more of the reasons that Taylor deserves blame elsewhere, but from the first set you could see that Newcastle was up for this game (surely the coach has a lot to do with that) and we were not. The Newcastle line speed in defence compared to ours was nothing but an embarressment to us.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 9:12 pm

Potter's first game v the WT's as well ??

Brown overlooked for Taylor as well ??

Sometimes its the 1% ers that gets teams over the line

Mighty Tiger

Post by Mighty Tiger » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 9:21 pm

Taylor has been saying the samething since day one.

Its his job to coach this team to success.

Anyone can see we have alot of talent out their but we are playing alot of dum footy.

Taylor was a halfback, kimmorley was a halfback, peters and potter and so on - yet our halfback can't lead this team around to save his life.

I'm sick of the excuses, JT is meant to coach this team and the buck stops with him. It's clear from day 1 the players didnt respect him and now it's getting to a point the experiment needs to end.

Sure the players need to put their hand up but in saying that it's up to the coach to show them the right respect and demote underachivers. I could actually handle losing if we are trying something (youth policy) but the problem is we look totally lost, unstructured, predictable and lack control.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 9:24 pm

On fox they were commenting about the lack of intensity, poor handling and passing and other mistakes at the captains run session yesterday. Train poorly, play poorly. I think that Kidwell should be shown the door & replaced with a taskmaster.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 9:25 pm

Mighty Tiger wrote:It's clear from day 1 the players didnt respect him and now it's getting to a point the experiment needs to end.
That says more about the players than JT if that is true. Lets say you are right, and that is the case, what chance did JT ever have? And what reason did the players have for not showing him respect from the get go? You can blame JT for that, but this is playing group has a history of dogging it and getting coaches sacked. They sound like a bunch of spoiled brats if you ask me.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 9:31 pm

Eddie wrote:Your right,,

Our first 2 games even though we played flashy football there were some really good Charges to set up our playes

It was Woods followed by Grant followed by Sue running really hard and tough.

We were earning the right to play flashy football by getting over the advantage line.
Getting over the advantage line is largely assisted by delivery of the ball. If we are not going to get Mania on the field, maybe JLJ could get the ball out in front of our pigs until Ballin gets on the field. Options chosen is another matter.

It all starts with the delivery and it doesn't matter how many tackles one can do if they can't effectively carry out the basic attacking role. Taylor can't be blamed for this crucial flaw in our game, as he tried to remedy it, but his hands are well and truly tied.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 9:36 pm

Im starting to agree.

Robbie sadly seems in sharp decline as a footballer. Key word "footballer". He is still a warrior.

I still love his attitude I think h gives 100% which some other Tiger do not when they cross the white line.

He was a gun for years. However Now his skills and pace are at an all time low. He is as slow as any hooker in the comp.

How he is a walk up start for origin is laughable.

It hurts me to say this but he looks like he is ready for the ESL not Origin.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 9:40 pm

We played against a bottom of the table squad without Sione Matautai, Kade Snowden, Robbie Rocchow. The result of todays game was a forgone conclusion to the point some of the errors are borderline questionable. The players want Taylor gone and this is the evidence. The play of Lawrence, Halatau,Farah and Brooks was farcical. Don't get fooled by the closeness of the scored Knights are terrible.

I knew we would lose this game and losing this game will cost Taylor his job. 4 in a row and against the certain wooden spooners with 3 key players out is not acceptable. The spin has to stop here Taylor has to go and the team selections Milone, Lovett, Bucchanan, Halatau, 3 hookers and whatever else has stop.

Sadly this job is too big for JT the question is who takes over. Ivan Cleary is the only viable option the charade of everyone playing for the coach is over.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 9:44 pm

TYGA wrote:We played against a bottom of the table squad without Sione Matautai, Kade Snowden, Robbie Rocchow. The result of todays game was a forgone conclusion to the point some of the errors are borderline questionable. The players want Taylor gone and this is the evidence. The play of Lawrence, Halatau,Farah and Brooks was farcical. Don't get fooled by the closeness of the scored Knights are terrible.

I knew we would lose this game and losing this game will cost Taylor his job. 4 in a row and against the certain wooden spooners with 3 key players out is not acceptable. The spin has to stop here Taylor has to go and the team selections Milone, Lovett, Bucchanan, Halatau, 3 hookers and whatever else has stop.

Sadly this job is too big for JT the question is who takes over. Ivan Cleary is the only viable option the charade of everyone playing for the coach is over.
I reckon this mob would eat up cleary aswell but i doubt any would have the back bone to try any crap on Toovey.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 9:48 pm

gallagher wrote:
TYGA wrote:We played against a bottom of the table squad without Sione Matautai, Kade Snowden, Robbie Rocchow. The result of todays game was a forgone conclusion to the point some of the errors are borderline questionable. The players want Taylor gone and this is the evidence. The play of Lawrence, Halatau,Farah and Brooks was farcical. Don't get fooled by the closeness of the scored Knights are terrible.

I reckon this mob would eat up cleary aswell but i doubt any would have the back bone to try any crap on Toovey.
employ them both as joint coaches Cleary Toovey would be fine with me.

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 10:20 pm

This game saw our halves do some good things BUT it's their job to control the way the team attacks and instead they went for the show pony options. If the forwards aren't getting deep enough and running onto the ball, it's their job to get up them and see that they do.I was at this game and to watch Moses do some great stuff and then kick the ball over the head of the winger or see Kevvy throw it into touch is just - well, I'm lost for words. A word of praise for Rankin; they bombed him all day and he never flinched, also coming up with a couple of tries.

After watching the presser tonight, it's very obvious that these blokes are not playing what they are coached to play. I get the feeling that there are players on very thin ice but who does JT bring up? When Roy Masters was coaching the Magpies, he got fed up and brought youth into the team and he got results but this team is young already. Our Holden Cup team were lucky to jag a draw today and Obed Karwhin was slow, being easily run down after getting into the clear. There are some good prospects there but they are two years away from 1st grade and would only do more of what's killing us now. The State Cup team lost also. I can see two changes that may help in the backs; bring in Jack Littlejohn and Josh Addo Carr. JLJ might give our forwards some direction, which is sadly lacking but the forwards might be a bit tougher with Joel Edwards in the side. The forwards who went well today are Woods, Grant, Ava, Lawrence and Aloiai. Lovett got very little time but ran hard, something we need more of. Five forwards playing well is not enough - they ALL need to play well and they need the halves to organise them.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 10 Apr, 2016 10:57 pm

You could hear Taylor saying it in the presser today - I adjusted some of the plans to suit the preferences of the players, but I expect smart and tough decisions in return. In other words I give you more free reign and you take smart options at the end of your sets.

They seem interested only in the free reign part, the highlights reel part. That last 20, didn't even seem likely to build pressure on the Knights. I know the forwards platform was decimated, but the kick and pass options just weren't smart at all.

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 12:02 am

Yeah! and how long then before you will want Cleary gone?
He will still have the same players.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 12:44 am

It's as if they are trying to live up to the reputation of the club being all out attack, pulling off the hero plays. The kick from Moses late was absolutely ridiculous. I understand we were desperate but that wasn't the play. Moses and Brooks are Benji Marshall wannabe's.