Ellis

southerntiger

Re: Ellis

Post by southerntiger » Tue 13 Apr, 2010 1:52 pm

Yeh there was a few critics of him when signed. One person (I cant remember) was still criticising him after Rd 6 last year when it was already clear he was one of our best buys ever.

clontarfkid

Post by clontarfkid » Tue 13 Apr, 2010 4:00 pm

Tiges05 wrote:Ricky Stuart writes a good article in the Tele today...I don't normally like Ricky but it is very good reading...sums up Gareths effort..

it puts many "supporters" and "experts" in their place, including many on this forum
From a bloke who has coached wooden spoon candidates for three consecutive seasons,he should start by putting himself in place....at the CES!
Cheap diversion from his own underperformance....

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Tue 13 Apr, 2010 8:08 pm

southerntiger wrote:Yeh there was a few critics of him when signed. One person (I cant remember) was still criticising him after Rd 6 last year when it was already clear he was one of our best buys ever.
I think that person was crouching tiger.

And I think you will find he continued to bag him for most of the season. Before he recognised how silly he was making himself look....

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 13 Apr, 2010 8:13 pm

Tigers 2010 wrote:He did not loose teeth. It was gum that flew out of his mouth. He spat another lot out at a scrum about 20 minutes later...
I saw him with a mouthguard, how the hell does one wear a mouthguard and chew gum simultaeously?

I was - I'll say, skeptical, I kept my opinions open, wasnt convinced before he got here....but it wasnt long before i was sold on him, been a great buy.
eddie wrote:I think that person was crouching tiger.
Yes, it was!

TigerGene

Post by TigerGene » Tue 13 Apr, 2010 9:42 pm

The Poms will have an awesome pack of forwards this year......Ellis, Flanno, Burgess.......all hardened by playing in the NRL.
Cheers.........TigerGene

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Wed 14 Apr, 2010 12:20 am

clontarfkid wrote:
Tiges05 wrote:Ricky Stuart writes a good article in the Tele today...I don't normally like Ricky but it is very good reading...sums up Gareths effort..

it puts many "supporters" and "experts" in their place, including many on this forum
From a bloke who has coached wooden spoon candidates for three consecutive seasons,he should start by putting himself in place....at the CES!
Cheap diversion from his own underperformance....
Cronulla won as many games as manly and melb in 2008. If they were wooden spoon candidates at the beginging of the year you'd have to say he did a pretty good job that year.

wtffl2005

Post by wtffl2005 » Wed 14 Apr, 2010 12:37 am

TigerGene wrote:The Poms will have an awesome pack of forwards this year......Ellis, Flanno, Burgess.......all hardened by playing in the NRL.
they might beat nz again