King Moses

VonMiller58

Re: King Moses

Post by VonMiller58 » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 8:37 pm

Muffstar wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:There's no denying he has stood up the last 2 games, which was the purpose of Farah's dropping.
Personally I think Moses has been getting better all year. He has grown as a footballer and I am not sure whether I could totally agree with you it is fully attributable to Farah being dropped. You look at Brooks he has been pretty average this year and does not seem to be reaching the heights of what people expected from him.

I agree with these comments.I think when both came into first grade Brooks was better than Moses but over time I think Moses has overtaken Brooks as Moses seems to have the greater desire to be a first grade footballer.I remember that first top grade game Brooks played at the SSCG against St George he looked like the second coming of Andrew Johns but he has just meandered the last couple of years.

Has shown SOME growth more recently but I really do feel Moses rise this year has corresponded with Farah's demotion.I dont intend to be anti-Robbie with this post it to me has just been an exact by-product of what JT said would happen.Wherever we lie in this whole JT/ROBBIE thing one thing that cannot be denied is Moses is our future while Robbie is not as in 2018 we all know he will not be here.

So the rate of growth we get out of Brooks,Moses and Liddle would be far greater if Robbie was moved on.Again this is not an anti-Robbie post but just a mere fact of life.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 9:03 pm

If TT is to be believed, we can't keep both the 6 and 7, one will most likely have to go. If that's the case, Brooks has to be sacrificed. Moses not only has to be retained, he should be groomed as the future captain of this club. He's a leader. Brooks, while he might be a very good player, his personality will probably hold him back him a bit. Moses on the other hand is tenacious, a real competitor. I loved how he took the line on last night, and his decision making in defence the last 2 weeks has been flawless.

In 2018, if Liddle comes on as a player, we can get away with a 7 who is there to be a foil for the rest of the spine. One who can provide a good kicking game and can be an organizer, giving Moses and co a blank canvas to paint on. A Jeff Robson type. Nothing flash, but effective.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 9:09 pm

We can...keep both...both are in the future plans...
Wayne Train 2019..

Milky

Post by Milky » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 9:17 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:If TT is to be believed, we can't keep both the 6 and 7, one will most likely have to go. If that's the case, Brooks has to be sacrificed. Moses not only has to be retained, he should be groomed as the future captain of this club. He's a leader. Brooks, while he might be a very good player, his personality will probably hold him back him a bit. Moses on the other hand is tenacious, a real competitor. I loved how he took the line on last night, and his decision making in defence the last 2 weeks has been flawless.

In 2018, if Liddle comes on as a player, we can get away with a 7 who is there to be a foil for the rest of the spine. One who can provide a good kicking game and can be an organizer, giving Moses and co a blank canvas to paint on. A Jeff Robson type. Nothing flash, but effective.
We can keep whoever we want, we have around 800k worth of players contracted past next year.

TT doesn't have a high strike rate and it doesn't take a genius to figure that we will be in a good position (cap wise) next year.

Farah is off contract, 900k
Moses and Brooks, 1.2M
Tedesco, 500k
Lawrence on a reduced 300k
Woods off contract, 700-800k but will be demanding similar money
Nofa is on decent coin

Say Moses gets topped up on current form to 800k, As does Tedesco. Brooks will get slightly less than the two.

VonMiller58

Post by VonMiller58 » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 11:20 pm

Milky wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:If TT is to be believed, we can't keep both the 6 and 7, one will most likely have to go. If that's the case, Brooks has to be sacrificed. Moses not only has to be retained, he should be groomed as the future captain of this club. He's a leader. Brooks, while he might be a very good player, his personality will probably hold him back him a bit. Moses on the other hand is tenacious, a real competitor. I loved how he took the line on last night, and his decision making in defence the last 2 weeks has been flawless.

We can keep whoever we want, we have around 800k worth of players contracted past next year.

TT doesn't have a high strike rate and it doesn't take a genius to figure that we will be in a good position (cap wise) next year.

Moses and Brooks, 1.2M
Tedesco, 500k
Nofa is on decent coin

Say Moses gets topped up on current form to 800k, As does Tedesco. Brooks will get slightly less than the two.

I think Im cooling on Brooks a little bit.That money could be better spent on a Taumalolo type.With our current props and an ET and a Taumalolo type in the backrow a spine of teddy, Moses and Liddle plus a journeyman experienced half with a kicking game would more than suffice.To threaten for the premiership we need more mongrel in the forwards.

VonMiller58

Post by VonMiller58 » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 11:23 pm

Geo. wrote:We can...keep both...both are in the future plans...

We can but I think we are better off going a marquee backrower.

Milky

Post by Milky » Sun 31 Jul, 2016 11:39 pm

VonMiller58 wrote:
Milky wrote:

Moses and Brooks, 1.2M
Tedesco, 500k
Nofa is on decent coin

I think Im cooling on Brooks a little bit.That money could be better spent on a Taumalolo type.With our current props and an ET and a Taumalolo type in the backrow a spine of teddy, Moses and Liddle plus a journeyman experienced half with a kicking game would more than suffice.To threaten for the premiership we need more mongrel in the forwards.
Aloai is really kicking on, as is Sue. Marsters is coming along nicely. I think these three are the future of our backrow and a Taumalolo type backrower isn't really required. Our pack is looking nice for the years to come.

8. Woods
9. Liddle
10. Sue
11. Aloai
12. Marsters
13. Taylor

14. Ava
15. Paseka

16 & 17 TBA

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Mon 01 Aug, 2016 4:20 am

Milky wrote:
VonMiller58 wrote:
Milky wrote:

Moses and Brooks, 1.2M
Tedesco, 500k
Nofa is on decent coin

Aloai is really kicking on, as is Sue. Marsters is coming along nicely. I think these three are the future of our backrow and a Taumalolo type backrower isn't really required. Our pack is looking nice for the years to come.

8. Woods
9. Liddle
10. Sue
11. Aloai
12. Marsters
13. Taylor

14. Ava
15. Paseka

16 & 17 TBA
x2

16 Felise
17 Tatola

Griffin, Casel, Stone, Giles, Sokobalava, J Grant, Graham, McCormack

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Mon 01 Aug, 2016 5:25 am

Milky wrote:
VonMiller58 wrote:
Milky wrote:

Moses and Brooks, 1.2M
Tedesco, 500k
Nofa is on decent coin

8. Woods
9. Liddle
10. Sue
11. Aloai
12. Marsters
13. Taylor

14. Ava
15. Paseka

16 & 17 TBA
No Felise Milky?

everett

Post by everett » Mon 01 Aug, 2016 6:33 am

Will be interesting to watch his progress whilst Brooks is sidelined.

Been great the last couple of weeks and goal kicking has improved.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Mon 01 Aug, 2016 8:43 am

InBenjiWeTrust wrote:
Milky wrote:
VonMiller58 wrote:
Milky wrote:

Moses and Brooks, 1.2M
Tedesco, 500k
Nofa is on decent coin

8. Woods
9. Liddle
10. Sue
11. Aloai
12. Marsters
13. Taylor

14. Ava
15. Paseka

16 & 17 TBA
x2

16 Felise
17 Tatola

Griffin, Casel, Stone, Giles, Sokobalava, J Grant, Graham, McCormack
A lot of good one backrowers in the club. Alioia has impressed in his last two games.
We have bought a few duds before when we have out to the open market to buy top quality forwards in the past.
I'd prefer to lock our young guys first. Ie, Teddy, Moses,Brooks after that ET.
in Ivan we distrust

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Mon 01 Aug, 2016 9:07 am

cqtiger wrote:
Yossarian wrote:I remember not so long ago people wanted him punted and that he was only in the side because of his uncle.
Deserved criticism it was, too.

I'm glad that he is finally starting to find consistency.
But he was 18/19 years old. Still only what 20? now

I can't even remember what I was doing at that age

Tigertigertiger

Post by Tigertigertiger » Mon 01 Aug, 2016 9:15 am

Moses has come on well this year, maturing more and more every game

Still hear the rumours about Brooks being told to look elsewhere, surely we need to keep both

VonMiller58

Post by VonMiller58 » Mon 01 Aug, 2016 12:18 pm

Milky wrote:
VonMiller58 wrote:
Milky wrote:

Moses and Brooks, 1.2M
Tedesco, 500k
Nofa is on decent coin

8. Woods
9. Liddle
10. Sue
11. Aloai
12. Marsters
13. Taylor

14. Ava
15. Paseka

16 & 17 TBA

To compete for a title we need a tough 80 minute type backrower ala Gallen,Beau Scott etc.It would also have the desired affect of helping our other younger forwards kick on with a quicker growth rate just like what we saw when Fifita moved to the sharks.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 01 Aug, 2016 1:28 pm

VonMiller58 wrote:
Milky wrote:
VonMiller58 wrote:
Milky wrote:

Moses and Brooks, 1.2M
Tedesco, 500k
Nofa is on decent coin

8. Woods
9. Liddle
10. Sue
11. Aloai
12. Marsters
13. Taylor

14. Ava
15. Paseka

16 & 17 TBA

To compete for a title we need a tough 80 minute type backrower ala Gallen,Beau Scott etc.It would also have the desired affect of helping our other younger forwards kick on with a quicker growth rate just like what we saw when Fifita moved to the sharks.
Agree Von. We need a marquee back rower if we want to take the next step. Investing solely in juniors all over again is another recipe for disaster.

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Mon 01 Aug, 2016 1:40 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
VonMiller58 wrote:
Milky wrote:
VonMiller58 wrote:

8. Woods
9. Liddle
10. Sue
11. Aloai
12. Marsters
13. Taylor

14. Ava
15. Paseka

16 & 17 TBA

Agree Von. We need a marquee back rower if we want to take the next step. Investing solely in juniors all over again is another recipe for disaster.

Who's out there?

Milky

Post by Milky » Mon 01 Aug, 2016 2:56 pm

formerguest wrote:
Milky wrote:
VonMiller58 wrote:
Milky wrote:

Moses and Brooks, 1.2M
Tedesco, 500k
Nofa is on decent coin

8. Woods
9. Liddle
10. Sue
11. Aloai
12. Marsters
13. Taylor

14. Ava
15. Paseka

16 & 17 TBA
No Felise Milky?
I always forget about him, hes a beast.

VonMiller58

Post by VonMiller58 » Mon 01 Aug, 2016 5:12 pm

tsjonathan wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
VonMiller58 wrote:
Milky wrote:

8. Woods
9. Liddle
10. Sue
11. Aloai
12. Marsters
13. Taylor

14. Ava
15. Paseka

16 & 17 TBA

Who's out there?

Manu Ma'u in 2018 is one.I reckon hi samoan heritage and his tough background would work wonders on our younger boys are lot of who are of Samoan heritage aswell.