Leichhardt Oval

gallagher

Re: Leichhardt Oval

Post by gallagher » Thu 11 Aug, 2016 5:31 pm

stevied wrote:Agreed but it would be nice to settle on one for the Wests Tigers and, hopefully, it turns out to be a modern, state of the art facility at Concord.
Concord has less chance than LO and CSS.

GoldXR50Leroy

Post by GoldXR50Leroy » Thu 11 Aug, 2016 6:00 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:I'd love to watch a game or two at Lidcombe Oval. How many people can that handle when it's filled?
Sadly is not up to current NRL standards, no train station nearby, limited parking, no corporate facilities, tiny Grandstand, however it has a cycle track around the ground and a huge hill, bring back the 70's!.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 11 Aug, 2016 6:19 pm

huh? train station is a 3 min walk away....but yeh it will never see an nrl comp game

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Fri 12 Aug, 2016 8:11 am

GoldXR50Leroy wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:I'd love to watch a game or two at Lidcombe Oval. How many people can that handle when it's filled?
Sadly is not up to current NRL standards, no train station nearby, limited parking, no corporate facilities, tiny Grandstand, however it has a cycle track around the ground and a huge hill, bring back the 70's!.
I know this would never happen, so all in the name of a bit of fun, as a one off promotional idea:
When the NRL has heritage round, when you walk in the gate, you can purchase for $1 a " footy survival pack"
inside it could be mini sized mar bar, a small wagon wheel, & 2 redskins. All proceeds go to either Men of League, or The Children's Hospital.

As I don't do social media, so for those of you, who are on Farcebook, Instasham, Trotter and Spankchat, ;) :lol:
could you please put the idea out there for a bit of fun, and see if you get any reactions.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Fri 12 Aug, 2016 3:40 pm

I sent this e-mail to NRL this morning. I thought if you don't ask you'll never know. :idea:
No harm in sending a e-mail. Probably get deleted anyway. :deadhorse:

" I know this would never happen, so all in the name of a bit of fun, as a one off promotional idea:
When the NRL has heritage round, or even for the final’s series next year.

When you attend a game and walk in the gate, you can purchase for $2 a " 70’s footy survival pack"
inside it could be mini sized mar bar, a small wagon wheel, & 2 redskins.

I have no doubt if you approach Corporate companies, they would be willing to be involved.
All proceeds go to either Men of League, or The Children's Hospital.

As I don't do social media, maybe you could put the idea out on Farcebook, Instasham, Trotter and Spankchat.
Feel free to communicate with me, as you just never know, the footy fans/general public just may like the idea, and the proceeds go to a great cause."

regards
Glen

Much to my surprise I got this e-mail @ 1.35pm today 12/8/16 from NRL feedback:
Hi Glen,

Thank you for your email and providing us with your promotional idea.

Your email has been sent to the Promotions team who will review it and contact you if they deem necessary.

Thanks again for your support of the game.
Kind regards,
Ethan
Supporter Liaison
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Fri 12 Aug, 2016 3:53 pm

Tigerdon wrote:so looking forward to the next LO game. I went with my two brother and 8 month old nephew , there was so much cheering his little eyes were popping out of his head, he loved in and fell asleep in a newly purchased WTs scarf . I hope it is still an NRL in 20 years so he can go back there and tell his mates..."I've been coming here before I was one."

Mate many years ago I dragged my sons and their mates along to LO every couple of weeks to see the Tigers run around, I guess they were about 5 years old at the time. Over thirty years on nothing has changed except they drag me along and we have a stop at either the Orange Grove or the Royal for pre match refreshments and work out a game plan!!!

I hope it continues till I clock off

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Fri 12 Aug, 2016 4:55 pm

supercoach wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:so looking forward to the next LO game. I went with my two brother and 8 month old nephew , there was so much cheering his little eyes were popping out of his head, he loved in and fell asleep in a newly purchased WTs scarf . I hope it is still an NRL in 20 years so he can go back there and tell his mates..."I've been coming here before I was one."

Mate many years ago I dragged my sons and their mates along to LO every couple of weeks to see the Tigers run around, I guess they were about 5 years old at the time. Over thirty years on nothing has changed except they drag me along and we have a stop at either the Orange Grove or the Royal for pre match refreshments and work out a game plan!!!

I hope it continues till I clock off
that's fantastic. i love the tradition and nostalgia mixed in with an historic win. hope you have plenty more arvo's on the LO Hill.
tomorrows game at Campbo is shaping up as another cracker, hope those going bring along a young sprog and sprout a tradition there as well.
in Ivan we distrust