Rankin

pacman

Re: Rankin

Post by pacman » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 10:31 pm

He's had a handful of NRL standard games all year. Otherwise complete and utter rubbish as per usual. But he trains hard and talks nicely, so must be picked for first grade each week.

We could find better than this bloke at the local pub.

On the topic of the pub, Kyle Lovett is just a bad player. Chee Kam, Sironen, Felise should all be miles ahead of him.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 10:31 pm

Born tiger wrote:If he came to the Tigers thinking he was getting a starting spot in the halves then he his dumber than I thought...
What indication did he ever give of this? You seem to be going beyond bagging him out as a player. Going off you're last couple of posts, you obviously have something personal against him

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 10:34 pm

Geo. wrote:Bad start ..got worse from there..but he kept trying...
Which is still more than can be said for others.

pacman

Post by pacman » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 10:36 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Born tiger wrote:If he came to the Tigers thinking he was getting a starting spot in the halves then he his dumber than I thought...
What indication did he ever give of this? You seem to be going beyond bagging him out as a player. Going off you're last couple of posts, you obviously have something personal against him
You seem to think anyone bagging out Rankin has something personal against him. Let me assure you that is not the case. The bloke is rubbish reserve grade material. Plain and simple. Nothing against him, its just he lacks talent. Not qualified for his job.

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 10:39 pm

I feel sorry for him - he obviously has a few issues with confidence.
He's had a few replacement level games this season, but mostly has been well out of his depth.
If he's still in the side come rd 1 2017, we're in trouble.

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 10:39 pm

Consistent top 17 picked by Taylor.

Born tiger

Post by Born tiger » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 10:40 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Yeah I do, just off the frustration I have built up I just can't stand him.. As a few people said he trains hard, he's polite, put him in first grade.

The thing is the fact the positions he is listed for in his profile are as per his comments

Position: Utility, Fullback, Five-eighth

If he is calling himself a fullback and dropping balls that any other first grader could have caught..

Even JT noticed it.. Taylor had to do something but he knew he couldn't take him off..

GNR, read the comments other people have posted about his game, I don't think he got nominated for the 3 points just let me say that..

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 10:41 pm

pacman wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
You seem to think anyone bagging out Rankin has something personal against him. Let me assure you that is not the case. The bloke is rubbish reserve grade material. Plain and simple. Nothing against him, its just he lacks talent. Not qualified for his job.
When someone says ''then he his dumber than I thought'', that isn't a criticism of him as a player. Why would you think he's dumb in the first place?

Born tiger

Post by Born tiger » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 10:42 pm

pacman wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Exactly, Even his good games, people point them out because they are shocked ..

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 10:44 pm

Born tiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Yeah I do, just off the frustration I have built up I just can't stand him.. As a few people said he trains hard, he's polite, put him in first grade.

The thing is the fact the positions he is listed for in his profile are as per his comments

If he is calling himself a fullback and dropping balls that any other first grader could have caught..

Even JT noticed it.. Taylor had to do something but he knew he couldn't take him off..

GNR, read the comments other people have posted about his game, I don't think he got nominated for the 3 points just let me say that..
Why is he dumber than you thought? Someone has a shocker of a game and that makes them dumb?

Born tiger

Post by Born tiger » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 10:50 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Born tiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

Why is he dumber than you thought? Someone has a shocker of a game and that makes them dumb?
I'm not going to argue the point.. People should not feel sorry for him.. He is of reserve grade standered and has played 19 first grade games this year..

Don't take everything so seriously

TYGER

Post by TYGER » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 10:54 pm

I thought that Rankin was one of Penrith's best players tonight ........ opposition coaches must love this guy !!!!

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 11:08 pm

Moltzen was a better player
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 11:08 pm

To be fair, Rankin had an absolute shocker. Every player has one and tonight was his turn. He will never play this bad again.

I hope he lifts from here and it makes him a better player and person. Some of them recover. Some never do. Nights like tonight can smash a bloke to pieces forever. Its horrible to watch.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 11:13 pm

With all due respect, some of those Cleary kicks would have tested the best fullbacks in the game, but he struggled nonetheless. We missed our first choice fullback tonight. Cost us at least 4 sets.

pacman

Post by pacman » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 11:14 pm

Swordy wrote:To be fair, Rankin had an absolute shocker. Every player has one and tonight was his turn. He will never play this bad again.

I hope he lifts from here and it makes him a better player and person. Some of them recover. Some never do. Nights like tonight can smash a bloke to pieces forever. Its horrible to watch.
He's had plenty of shockers. I don't understand what anyone sees in this player. Lacklustre in attack and terrible in defence. Does not even know his own best position. Even his 'good' games (there a very few of them mind you) are only 'good' because he doesn't do anything which directly contributes to the opposition scoring.

Rugby League is a game of momentum. Jordan Rankin is a player who often gifts the opposition big momentum. We cannot have him playing first grade in 2017 if we want to make some noise. He is a big problem.

Carefactor

Post by Carefactor » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 11:28 pm

CORRECT ^^^^^^^^^^^

Carefactor

Post by Carefactor » Fri 19 Aug, 2016 11:29 pm

pacman wrote:
Swordy wrote:To be fair, Rankin had an absolute shocker. Every player has one and tonight was his turn. He will never play this bad again.

He's had plenty of shockers. I don't understand what anyone sees in this player. Lacklustre in attack and terrible in defence. Does not even know his own best position. Even his 'good' games (there a very few of them mind you) are only 'good' because he doesn't do anything which directly contributes to the opposition scoring.

Rugby League is a game of momentum. Jordan Rankin is a player who often gifts the opposition big momentum. We cannot have him playing first grade in 2017 if we want to make some noise. He is a big problem.
Lol.. nice try .. keep polishing the turd Swordy ;)