Farah on the Bench

magpiecol

Re: Farah on the Bench

Post by magpiecol » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 5:11 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:It just seems a bit late in the season for a player to be waiting for a new contract. Is there a reason?
No idea. But he hasn't signed anywhere else has he?
Souths, some time ago.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 5:25 pm

magpiecol wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:It just seems a bit late in the season for a player to be waiting for a new contract. Is there a reason?
No idea. But he hasn't signed anywhere else has he?
Souths, some time ago.
Paws is talking about ET.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 6:01 pm

never mind

Fumbles

Post by Fumbles » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 11:23 pm

From my experience money does not become due until the 15th of each month.
Why would we pay any employee earlier than when his money is due?
Especially when this employee has allowed his manager to continually rubbish the players employer.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 03 Sep, 2016 6:02 am

Fumbles wrote:From my experience money does not become due until the 15th of each month.
Especially when this employee has allowed his manager to continually rubbish the players employer.
Unfortunately the train went off the rails the way the Club attempted to up-end a back-ended-contracted player. They made threats of reserve grade to assist in breaking a contract so they sort of have blood on their hands. When one goes down that tract you can half expect it won't be a pleasant finish. So now they have a SOO player playing reserve grade and I half expect their team to be "murdered" tomorrow arvo = this is the path they chose. It is unfair on Moses to be put under such pressure at his age.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Sat 03 Sep, 2016 8:15 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Fumbles wrote:From my experience money does not become due until the 15th of each month.
Unfortunately the train went off the rails the way the Club attempted to up-end a back-ended-contracted player. They made threats of reserve grade to assist in breaking a contract so they sort of have blood on their hands. When one goes down that tract you can half expect it won't be a pleasant finish. So now they have a SOO player playing reserve grade and I half expect their team to be "murdered" tomorrow arvo = this is the path they chose. It is unfair on Moses to be put under such pressure at his age.
Wasn't a threat to play reserve grade at all. It was a fact. Coach had the kahunas and did it. And right or wrong, I think a coach making a firm decision is good for our club. If nothing else, the younger players might not be influenced by the old culture. They might now realise we are getting the same culture as other clubs and businesses where the boss is the boss, so shut up and do your job or get out.

And whilst factually Robbie was a SOO hooker this year and was dropped, is that such a big deal? He might even have been NSW's best player, but thats no big deal either. Newsflash - They lost AGAIN. Some kid from the West Wyalong Logfloggers under 15's could have done as good a job as most of them NSW players in the last 10 years. Being the best out of a pile of rubbish isn't really something to hang your hat on.

I really do hope he moves on, and kicks on at another club for a few years because to be honest, I want to remember him as a good bloke and a great player, not remember him being a party to this garbage in the last year or two.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Sat 03 Sep, 2016 11:42 am

He pulled out of NSW Cup today with a virus, so he's not played for a month.
Last edited by ricksen on Sat 03 Sep, 2016 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 03 Sep, 2016 11:46 am

ricksen wrote:He pulled out of NSW Cup today with a virus, so he's not played for a month.
that was 3 weeks ago...Farah was ruled out for the season last week with a hip flexor injury...wasn't named this week at all...
Wayne Train 2019..

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Sat 03 Sep, 2016 11:50 am

Geo. wrote:
ricksen wrote:He pulled out of NSW Cup today with a virus, so he's not played for a month.
that was 3 weeks ago...Farah was ruled out for the season last week with a hip flexor injury...wasn't named this week at all...
ah you're right - someone RTed something from 12 days ago. My bad.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sat 03 Sep, 2016 5:03 pm

He was at the St. George game this afternoon.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 03 Sep, 2016 7:28 pm

magpiecol wrote:He was at the St. George game this afternoon.
RF went there to see a real legend finishing his career ,just wishing he could have half the class Benji has .

tiger_one

Post by tiger_one » Sat 03 Sep, 2016 7:30 pm

magpiecol wrote:

"He was at the St. George game this afternoon."

Will RF be at Leichhardt ??

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 03 Sep, 2016 7:33 pm

tiger_one wrote:magpiecol wrote:

He was at the St. George game this afternoon.

Will RF be at Leichhardt ??
Who cares ..I will be there to see our team have a shot at the finals not there to see a Tigers has been!

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Sat 03 Sep, 2016 8:10 pm

vlad wrote:
shakey4d wrote:So is Farah in the bench lol
Can't see him there
Imagine if he's there .
Somehow i reckon I'd put a grand on us then.
Better than Rankin at dummy half.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sat 03 Sep, 2016 8:14 pm

Snake wrote:
RF went there to see a real legend finishing his career ,just wishing he could have half the class Benji has .

You have a short memory :lol:
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 03 Sep, 2016 8:19 pm

Flippedy wrote:
Snake wrote:

Yep running across the field and through a hole in the fence I did mention CLASS pal!

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sat 03 Sep, 2016 8:41 pm

Snake wrote:
Flippedy wrote:
Snake wrote:

Yep running across the field and through a hole in the fence I did mention CLASS pal!

I'm talking about Benji ya twit! Didn't exactly leave our club on good terms, admitted he didn't really try much in his final season with us and was also quite prone to sooking when things didn't go his way, if I recall correctly.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 03 Sep, 2016 8:49 pm

Flippedy wrote:
Snake wrote:
Flippedy wrote:
Snake wrote: RF went there to see a real legend finishing his career ,just wishing he could have half the class Benji has .

I'm talking about Benji ya twit! Didn't exactly leave our club on good terms, admitted he didn't really try much in his final season with us and was also quite prone to sooking when things didn't go his way, if I recall correctly.
Benji left on bad terms, but its healed over time imo. Its going to take a while for the scars to heal for a lot of supporters over how Farah is leaving cos its a whole lot uglier.