Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: Storm V Tigers Live Game Thread - Spoliers

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 2:40 pm

teddy23

Post by teddy23 » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 2:58 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:27 pm
I loved Esan giving Munster a gob full when he forced him into touch in goal.
Pure magic.
LOVED IT..... but I’m prett sure it was Curtis Scott not Munster

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 3:29 pm

teddy23 wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 2:58 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Pure magic.
Yep, it was Scott:
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 3:35 pm

from Warren

Coloway:
at a great result!!

Melbourne lose in Slater’s milestone match…
Ivan Cleary has got his team defending like terriers…how I wish we could do the same!

To think, if Souths had been smart we could have had Ivan
---------------------------------------------------------------

Coloway
Ivan Cleary has got his team defending like terriers…how I wish we could do the same!

Ivan Cleary perfectly coached his team to beat the Storm. He came up with the perfect game plan. The Tigers came up with 25 offloads which had the desired effect of upsetting the Storm defensive structure. The storm Game plan is to slow the play the ball down enough to set their defensive line ready for the next play so they can time their fast moving defensive line swarming the opposition. Their whole game strategy hinges on controlling the ruck. Yet the Tigers upset this game plan by offloading at every opportunity causing havoc with the storms structures. Once their defense started failing with 33 missed tackles, they fell apart in every aspect of their game. They use their dominating defence to grind teams into submission and then set about dismantling them with a cohesive well
planned attacking strategy, but not so last night. Well done Ivan !
----------------------------
SSTID_197018h
Cam Smith is giving an acting masterclass to fall without being touched to get Matulino (Tigers) sin-binned. There must have been a gunman on the grassy knoll and another from the second-floor window of the book depository. Pity they were only using dummy rounds! :dart: :joy::joy::joy:
---------------------------------------------------------------
What at a great result!!

Melbourne lose in Slater’s milestone match…

To think, if Souths had been smart we could have had Ivan
--------------------------------------------------
Rabbitoh_For_Life17h
The penalty count in the Storm v Tigers match was 18-8 to the Storm (including a 9-1 penalty count in the second half)

Some of these referees are deadset taking the piss. How could they even try and suggest that a team was 9 times more undisciplined in a half of league
--------------------------------------------------
Innerwestrabbit17h
To top things off they spent an age trying to find away to dissallow the last try by the Tigers . It was cringe worthy to watch
----------------------------------

Rrumbles16h
Was funny watching the refs trying to get the Storm over the line tonight , Sinbin for nothing , Nonstop penalties .
------------------------------------
Baybunny16h
:fu: the NRL… Thank god we don’t have the wankerfest for Billies 300th and a win. To this day I believe the NRL are the puppet masters and us fans are merely along for the ride. The NRL has an agenda, to sell it’s product, and keep fans interested. My bet is the year of the Warrior. …
-------------------------------------
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 3:39 pm

teddy23 wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 2:58 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Pure magic.
Yes you are correct just seen it in the extended highlights.
Would have preferred it to have been Munster.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 4:48 pm

Can I add, havent seen a separate thread, Corey Thompson was really impressive. He was well positioned in D, lots of talk, esp defusing thay short kick in the first half w JAC bearing down.

But also a real handful in attack, popping up and beating tackles.

Performing was above what I thought he was capable of, hats off! Ivan said it himself the other week: "no offence to Corey but not a big-name signing, though here at the club we thought it was a great signing".

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 5:20 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 8:26 am
innsaneink wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 8:11 am
Tiger Steve wrote:
Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:29 pm
supercoach wrote:
Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:21 pm

Iam with you Steve, this was all about guts and than more guts. So good to see a game that every inch is to die for. Old fashion football...love it
Don’t want to get ahead of ourselves but we’ve been waiting a long time for a hard edged team. I’m thinking the wait is over!!
Yeah I don't wanna jump the gun either... Been burnt and disappointed before... But so far so good it's great and a long way from that Sharks trial.
One week at a time will do me... Keep it up boys
Hard not to get excited about a team that turns up for the 80. The fact that they kept trying right until the death despite being completely gassed is a 1000% improvement in years past, they would have racked the cue and let Melbourne put 3 tries away in the last minutes.
Who's not excited?
I wanna go back to last night again... But a week at a time will do me

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 5:59 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 5:20 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 8:26 am
innsaneink wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 8:11 am
Tiger Steve wrote:
Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:29 pm

Don’t want to get ahead of ourselves but we’ve been waiting a long time for a hard edged team. I’m thinking the wait is over!!
Yeah I don't wanna jump the gun either... Been burnt and disappointed before... But so far so good it's great and a long way from that Sharks trial.
One week at a time will do me... Keep it up boys
Hard not to get excited about a team that turns up for the 80. The fact that they kept trying right until the death despite being completely gassed is a 1000% improvement in years past, they would have racked the cue and let Melbourne put 3 tries away in the last minutes.
Who's not excited?
I wanna go back to last night again... But a week at a time will do me
Sorry mate it wasn't directed at you, it was meant to be more of an indictment on how rubbish we've been so it's easy to get carried away now.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Magpie4life

Post by Magpie4life » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 10:30 pm

One of the best things about these last two victories is the absence of Reynolds. I still can’t believe we paid so much for him. I can’t stand him! Thanks so much to Benji! He is brilliant. I couldn’t Understand why we wanted him back. Now I see!

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 10:35 pm

snowleopard wrote:
Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:51 pm
ku5tom wrote:
Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:38 pm
How good was Thompson reads of the storm, was everywhere
Agree with Thompson and Nofo both doing the job it will make it difficul% for Tui to get back in the side, especially as we are limiting the opposition’s opportun6ies by constantly resetting the play from sideline kicks and giving our edgedefences time to also reset
What I realised is it could be hard to push MWZ or Nofo off the wings. Both of those players are fast, they may not be tall or able to push past (Nofo in his moment can, MWZ just runs around them), but they are both fast wingers and that speed matters. The idea of putting a solid defender like Thompson on the wing has so much merit too, I think older players can read the plays a lot better then fresh talent. Personally I would like Thompson to form a good defensive combination with Marsters on the wing and our two other Center and wing to form a tight combination.

While Lolohea is out, Thompson is our only real option at Fullback (Kevin possibly, but he seems to caught out there).

snowleopard

Post by snowleopard » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 10:49 pm

colmcd wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 10:35 pm
snowleopard wrote:
Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:51 pm
ku5tom wrote:
Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:38 pm
How good was Thompson reads of the storm, was everywhere
Agree with Thompson and Nofo both doing the job it will make it difficul% for Tui to get back in the side, especially as we are limiting the opposition’s opportun6ies by constantly resetting the play from sideline kicks and giving our edgedefences time to also reset
What I realised is it could be hard to push MWZ or Nofo off the wings. Both of those players are fast, they may not be tall or able to push past (Nofo in his moment can, MWZ just runs around them), but they are both fast wingers and that speed matters. The idea of putting a solid defender like Thompson on the wing has so much merit too, I think older players can read the plays a lot better then fresh talent. Personally I would like Thompson to form a good defensive combination with Marsters on the wing and our two other Center and wing to form a tight combination.

While Lolohea is out, Thompson is our only real option at Fullback (Kevin possibly, but he seems to caught out there).
If Tui at FB we lose that game against the Storm . He isn’t fast enough to turn and chase like Cory and stop the try. It’s crucial moments that win games like the last 2 weeks and he has delivered both times.

Mickeyboy

Post by Mickeyboy » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 11:04 pm

Magpie4life wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 10:30 pm
One of the best things about these last two victories is the absence of Reynolds. I still can’t believe we paid so much for him. I can’t stand him! Thanks so much to Benji! He is brilliant. I couldn’t Understand why we wanted him back. Now I see!
JR at the Dogs.....everyone except Dogs supporters hated him, but really wanted players with his effort in their side. He's on board now, don't underestimate what he brings to the club on and off the field - Ivan got him for a reason.

Magpie4life

Post by Magpie4life » Mon 19 Mar, 2018 4:36 pm

The first two rounds just goes to show “in Ivan we trust”!