Coaching Insider: Round 16

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Coaching Insider: Round 16

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sat 30 Jun, 2018 11:11 am

After a much-needed break in the Representative Round, Wests Tigers Head Coach Ivan Cleary says his side have a chance to re-focus and find their momentum once more on Sunday afternoon when they take on the Gold Coast Titans.

A run of three straight defeats for Wests Tigers has seen the team slip from inside the top four to four points outside the top eight, and Sunday's game presents a huge opportunity for Cleary's men ahead of the bye next weekend — something the coach is certainly aware of in the context of their season.

"For us, we just need to reset our season a bit," Cleary admitted.

"It was a good to have a break last week and that probably came at a good time for us.

"We've had some key new players coming in; three new members of the spine with Josh Reynolds so we're hoping to really lay something down tomorrow that gives us some momentum for the rest of the year.

"The Titans have actually come in to some good form in the last few weeks and had that good win over the Bulldogs. They've got a strong forward pack and we're sure they'll be a very strong opponent."

With both Robbie Farah and Moses Mbye set to play their first games for the team this year, Cleary was aware of the challenges that are presented to both players in terms of needing to settle straight away, but also adamant that his team will be better in all elements of the game with their inclusion on Sunday.

"It's been very seamless so far, the week at training has been great," Cleary enthused.

"Everything has looked pretty good and it's nice to have guys like that come in to the team.

"We're really looking forward rather than looking backwards.

"We're not expecting it all to be perfect with the new guys coming in tomorrow but the signs have been really good at training. We're getting the basics right and having those guys in and around the ball in the key moments — those guys are certainly well equipped to do that and make the right decisions."

Link to the interview below

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/201 ... -round-16/

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 6:48 pm

"It's been very seamless so far, the week at training has been great," Cleary enthused.

Awesome...oh
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 7:16 pm

Yep the training was great,Farahs return was great,Mbyes debut was great and Reynolds was great....pity the rest of the blokes didn't turn up and put in like those players...except for Rowdy who always turns up...

the poor excecution, ball handling and last tackle options must be a priority for Ivan to work on....NRL is a very competitive sport,if you cant handle the pressure or the basics of the game at this level and expect big money then may I suggest another sport.....lawn bowls for some should suit..
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Post by 851 » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 8:36 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 7:16 pm
Yep the training was great,Farahs return was great,Mbyes debut was great and Reynolds was great....pity the rest of the blokes didn't turn up and put in like those players...except for Rowdy who always turns up...

the poor excecution, ball handling and last tackle options must be a priority for Ivan to work on....NRL is a very competitive sport,if you cant handle the pressure or the basics of the game at this level and expect big money then may I suggest another sport.....lawn bowls for some should suit..
Could not agree more with all of that
Go hard or go home