**Live game thread**

•  Recent Topics
shakey4d

Re: **Live game thread**

Post by shakey4d » Mon 02 Jul, 2018 8:02 am

Thompson has been all guts this year but that pushed pass!! I can forgive the dropped ball, we make mistakes, but following up with pushing a pass, after at the time we had just defended 3,4 or 5 sets of six l, was the single stupidest play I have seen all year. To top it off, if he was taller than 4’5” he probably scores in the corner in the game also.

In short, we need 2, 3 or 4 new outside backs last year that have speed, size and ideally some class.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Mon 02 Jul, 2018 8:10 am

shakey4d wrote:
Mon 02 Jul, 2018 8:02 am
Thompson has been all guts this year but that pushed pass!! I can forgive the dropped ball, we make mistakes, but following up with pushing a pass, after at the time we had just defended 3,4 or 5 sets of six l, was the single stupidest play I have seen all year. To top it off, if he was taller than 4’5” he probably scores in the corner in the game also.

In short, we need 2, 3 or 4 new outside backs last year that have speed, size and ideally some class.
Unfortunately yesterday was a poor day for Thompson but it is a rarity.Agreed we need biger stronger backs and i dont mean the Morris twins.

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 02 Jul, 2018 8:51 am

Spacecub wrote:
Sun 01 Jul, 2018 3:35 pm
In ivan you guys trust haha
Do us a favour and go and watch your AFL.

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 02 Jul, 2018 8:58 am

Steve k wrote:
Sun 01 Jul, 2018 3:43 pm
thats [automatically edited] rubbish
It's not edited on my thread.

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 02 Jul, 2018 9:12 am

old boy wrote:
Sun 01 Jul, 2018 3:59 pm
Perth Tigers??? This garbage franchise needs to be squashed. Pathetic.
Sounds like yu need to go and support someone else.

snowleopard

Post by snowleopard » Mon 02 Jul, 2018 9:36 am

shakey4d wrote:

Not to mention the disallowed try for "pushing" and another push that cost us a penalty in the second half.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 02 Jul, 2018 9:43 am

snowleopard wrote:
Mon 02 Jul, 2018 9:36 am
shakey4d wrote:

Not to mention the disallowed try for "pushing" and another push that cost us a penalty in the second half.
I still reckon most of the guys played panic footy because of the occasion,playing at LO,Robbie back and Mbyes debut for the club..this all added to overplaying and getting desperate to offload to keep it alive...no idea really but it seemed that they were desperate to achieve a win,yet got themselves in bother more than anything else..
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 02 Jul, 2018 10:12 am

Russell wrote:
Mon 02 Jul, 2018 9:12 am
old boy wrote:
Now Russ, at least my old mate put a bit of excitement into the game at times - I know they did not win but he had a good go
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

tonza

Post by tonza » Mon 02 Jul, 2018 1:21 pm

coivtny wrote:
Sun 01 Jul, 2018 10:19 pm
Like some of you I went to the game today and was bitterly disappointed. I could talk about a lot of things that were wrong with our game but one incident summed the team up. Late in the game Robbie Charged down a kick and raced away. He probably ran 50 metres before he was caught. Not one of our players ranged up in support for what would have been a certain try. Not only did we not support the break but we weren't there for the play the ball and were lucky not to turn it over. The lack of effort there summed up the day for me. We just weren't hungry enough and didn't want it bad enough. To be brutally honest I can't see another win this year.
That play summed it all up didn't it ? He is 34 years old and our backs cant keep up. We might win another couple but we are only going down the table from here.

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Mon 02 Jul, 2018 1:47 pm

tonza wrote:
Mon 02 Jul, 2018 1:21 pm
coivtny wrote:
Sun 01 Jul, 2018 10:19 pm
Like some of you I went to the game today and was bitterly disappointed. I could talk about a lot of things that were wrong with our game but one incident summed the team up. Late in the game Robbie Charged down a kick and raced away. He probably ran 50 metres before he was caught. Not one of our players ranged up in support for what would have been a certain try. Not only did we not support the break but we weren't there for the play the ball and were lucky not to turn it over. The lack of effort there summed up the day for me. We just weren't hungry enough and didn't want it bad enough. To be brutally honest I can't see another win this year.
That play summed it all up didn't it ? He is 34 years old and our backs cant keep up. We might win another couple but we are only going down the table from here.
How true did this play sum us up yesterday!!!
And our cripple was first to the ball ....just
Eight years ago Lawrence in support draws fullback and sends lote over in the corner.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

old boy

Post by old boy » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 10:27 pm

Russell wrote:
Mon 02 Jul, 2018 9:12 am
old boy wrote:

Perth Tigers?
Careers have come and gone and the Tigers are still rebuilding. When 175 games and 7 years isnt enough, we've only been rebuilding since 2012. There's always next year and the year after that and the year after that and the year after that ...........