Nucky Thompson wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 1:06 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 12:47 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 11:36 am
jirskyr wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 11:30 am
Dammit why isn't a 23 year-old footballer a proven leader of men? Should have already happened by now.

Honestly all this talk about Brooks being the leader, calling the shots etc. That's what I'd expect of blokes like Packer, Farah, Marshall, not a kid. Sure Brooks has been around a while but he's still a kid and being the halfback has all the pressure.

Nate Cleary certainly doesn't call all the shots when the game is on the line - he's able to rely on Maloney for that. And at club level, that partnership is breaking down recently, a couple of really ordinary losses for what was a table-topping side. Cleary is still also a kid.

We didn't lack for scoring opportunities on Sunday, we lacked for clinical finishing. It occurred across the park - Naiqama, Reynolds, Mbye, Farah, Brooks, Masters all making poor choices or fumbling with the try-line begging.

Brooks not cleared of criticism by any means, but I just don't support these threads where Brooks is having a pretty good season all over, but because the team has fallen down, it must be specifically someone's fault and here is the thread where we've identified an easy target.
More excuses
How constructive. Anyway not excuses, that's actually what I observed to happen - plenty of try-scoring possibilities, lack of actually scoring tries. Brooks is not absolved of criticism, but he is no more or less to blame from this specific match than anyone else in the team.

Sack Brooks, sure, most consistent half we've had this year. Play whom? Gamble? Benji and Reynolds? Godinet?

The reason fans aren't coaches is because some fans think they can just wipe a team - sack this bloke, sack that bloke, get a replacement. No constructive observations, no consideration of the reality of contracts, player market, available players.
Benji/Reynolds if benj body up to it.

Brooks is not an isolated season. me and other fans have had enough and cannot stomach more excuses.

How long do you stick with him until you make the tough call to get rid of him.
If Tui was fully fit and reliable and wasn't promised fb,his form at 5/8 last year was great...put Benji or Grub at halfback and we win a lot more games than we have,that is until injuries have hit us...just saying...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Bones

Post by Bones » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 1:26 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 1:18 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
jirskyr wrote:
Nucky Thompson wrote:

More excuses
How constructive. Anyway not excuses, that's actually what I observed to happen - plenty of try-scoring possibilities, lack of actually scoring tries. Brooks is not absolved of criticism, but he is no more or less to blame from this specific match than anyone else in the team.

Sack Brooks, sure, most consistent half we've had this year. Play whom? Gamble? Benji and Reynolds? Godinet?

The reason fans aren't coaches is because some fans think they can just wipe a team - sack this bloke, sack that bloke, get a replacement. No constructive observations, no consideration of the reality of contracts, player market, available players.

Brooks is not an isolated season. me and other fans have had enough and cannot stomach more excuses.

If Tui was fully fit and reliable and wasn't promised fb,his form at 5/8 last year was great...put Benji or Grub at halfback and we win a lot more games than we have,that is until injuries have hit us...just saying...
Good idea with Benji and Reynolds as our halves we will never get past the 3rd tackle without one of them putting in a kick for no one. Might have higher completions i guess.

Funny how Brooks drop in form has happened at the exact same time as our entire forward pack went MIA.
Last edited by Bones on Tue 03 Jul, 2018 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 1:29 pm

yep /..I'm out
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 1:38 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 1:29 pm
yep /..I'm out
Wow !
Lemon /lime and bitter !

:lol:
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 1:46 pm

Geo. wrote:
yep /..I'm out
Its only a conversation and ideas,we all know that Ivan wants Brooks at 7,otherwise he would of got rid of him earlier than now... :)

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 1:47 pm

hobbo wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 1:38 pm
Geo. wrote:
yep /..I'm out
Wow !
Lemon /lime and bitter !

Dont antagonise the mods Hobbo....it normally doesnt end well...trust me...

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 1:53 pm

Look. His getting their don’t get me wrong. But I would love to be a fly on the wall when Ivan has those conversations saying; Luke I need you to get the team around the park.
I’m just not sure he wants to do that and come up with the play at the end of set?
It’s a rare player having the ability to do both. I think Brooks can do both but not at the same time.
Him running on the last. There was space. Do you remember he last time he did that, he chipped into the middle and Valentine Holmes raced away under the posts. The runners were all out of position, we needed just one to cut back on the inside and we would have been under the posts.

I’m sick of block plays, I feel that is biggest issue with Luke is he is receiving the ball too flat and being forced to come across field. It’s probably a tactic but I don’t think it suits Luke’s game.
When we played manly, Brooks had all the time in the world as was able to come up with what he needed each time.
Now we know our forwards are playing like powder puffs. This could have a lot to do with it.
You have to realise though. Ash Taylor grew up being the top dog. If Brooks growing up with the tantrum throwing Moses would never of got a word in edgeways. If he wants to be the organiser, it’s a whole new learning curve for him.
But does he?
A bit like Tui, are these two players Square Pegs?

At the moment he is exposed as being the only organiser and playmaker in the halves.

It took Benji along time to adapt to being the organiser, anyone remember 2012? Benji was 26 at the time...
In my opinion he never really settled into that role until he played halfback for Saints, at 28?
I think Brooks and Marshall are our best combo.
Who would of thought?
Certainly not Cleary who bought Reynolds as a running 5/8 to force Brooks into playing an all round halfbacks game.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 2:00 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 1:47 pm
hobbo wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 1:38 pm
Geo. wrote:
yep /..I'm out
Wow !
Lemon /lime and bitter !

Dont antagonise the mods Hobbo....it normally doesnt end well...trust me...
Just going on happy’s instuctions :lol:
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 2:02 pm

Needaname wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 1:53 pm
Look. His getting their don’t get me wrong. But I would love to be a fly on the wall when Ivan has those conversations saying; Luke I need you to get the team around the park.
I’m just not sure he wants to do that and come up with the play at the end of set?
It’s a rare player having the ability to do both. I think Brooks can do both but not at the same time.
Him running on the last. There was space. Do you remember he last time he did that, he chipped into the middle and Valentine Holmes raced away under the posts. The runners were all out of position, we needed just one to cut back on the inside and we would have been under the posts.

I’m sick of block plays, I feel that is biggest issue with Luke is he is receiving the ball too flat and being forced to come across field. It’s probably a tactic but I don’t think it suits Luke’s game.
When we played manly, Brooks had all the time in the world as was able to come up with what he needed each time.
Now we know our forwards are playing like powder puffs. This could have a lot to do with it.
You have to realise though. Ash Taylor grew up being the top dog. If Brooks growing up with the tantrum throwing Moses would never of got a word in edgeways. If he wants to be the organiser, it’s a whole new learning curve for him.
But does he?
A bit like Tui, are these two players Square Pegs?

At the moment he is exposed as being the only organiser and playmaker in the halves.

It took Benji along time to adapt to being the organiser, anyone remember 2012? Benji was 26 at the time...
In my opinion he never really settled into that role until he played halfback for Saints, at 28?
I think Brooks and Marshall are our best combo.
Who would of thought?
Certainly not Cleary who bought Reynolds as a running 5/8 to force Brooks into playing an all round halfbacks game.
Brooks has definately played better with Benji in the team,I honestly cant say that he would play just as well with Reynolds alongside of him,we dont know what happens at training and we havent seen enough of Grub at 5/8,he certainly ran well and scored a great try on Sunday..
Also remember that Luke was given inferior service from our makeshift DHs we had to field,he could improve much more with Farahs service from DH and his experience...

Post by 851 » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 2:03 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Dammit why isn't a 23 year-old footballer a proven leader of men? Should have already happened by now.

Honestly all this talk about Brooks being the leader, calling the shots etc. That's what I'd expect of blokes like Packer, Farah, Marshall, not a kid. Sure Brooks has been around a while but he's still a kid and being the halfback has all the pressure.

Nate Cleary certainly doesn't call all the shots when the game is on the line - he's able to rely on Maloney for that. And at club level, that partnership is breaking down recently, a couple of really ordinary losses for what was a table-topping side. Cleary is still also a kid.

We didn't lack for scoring opportunities on Sunday, we lacked for clinical finishing. It occurred across the park - Naiqama, Reynolds, Mbye, Farah, Brooks, Masters all making poor choices or fumbling with the try-line begging.

Brooks not cleared of criticism by any means, but I just don't support these threads where Brooks is having a pretty good season all over, but because the team has fallen down, it must be specifically someone's fault and here is the thread where we've identified an easy target.
He was schooled by a guy 9 months younger with 34 less NRL games, Ash Taylor got monstered by Rowdy a number of times. But he worked out a way around the problem and was a leader of men and got his team home, so it can be done, just not by Brooks
Go hard or go home

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 2:15 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 1:18 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
jirskyr wrote:
Nucky Thompson wrote:

More excuses

Exactly.

How long does brooks retain the golden ticket. There other options out there.

If he cannt be the scott prince type player we need start making the tough calls like they do with other people.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 7:57 pm

851 wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 2:03 pm
jirskyr wrote:

He was schooled by a guy 9 months younger with 34 less NRL games, Ash Taylor got monstered by Rowdy a number of times. But he worked out a way around the problem and was a leader of men and got his team home, so it can be done, just not by Brooks
Isn't that funny, Brooks wins us games earlier in the year but that credit is lost on the weekend. Ash Taylor certainly does not single-handedly steer his team to victory on Sunday and he's used as a shining example, despite the fact his team has won 6 games all year, less than us.

Post by 851 » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 8:09 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 7:57 pm
851 wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 2:03 pm
jirskyr wrote:

Isn't that funny, Brooks wins us games earlier in the year but that credit is lost on the weekend. Ash Taylor certainly does not single-handedly steer his team to victory on Sunday and he's used as a shining example, despite the fact his team has won 6 games all year, less than us.
If you are happy with Brooks, that is your opinion and that is fine, but me I am not happy with him, and he has hardly any credit to lose, and he lost it long before the weekend, he has had 100 games to get his act together, far too long with bugger all return
Go hard or go home

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 8:57 pm

jirskyr wrote:

I'm not having a dig at Brooks and blaming him for all the teams faults. I realise that the team had scoring opportunities and fluffed them, gifting possession to the Titans. That was a out of Brook's control. I am simply saying that I don't believe he is making the necessary decisions to control the flow of the game, to make opponents play at the pace he decides. On there contrary Benji did that and did it well in our first games. I'm saying I haven't seen that from Brooks and I really don't think I will.
"Quality Stupidity"

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 9:04 pm

At one point in the second half at 12-18 Taylor put a kick down the touch line and found touch and the commentators were gushing...we then defended 3 or four sets after dropping the ball every time we got it....We then held it for a set and Brooks put in a similar kick under pressure and found touch inside the Titans 20 to give us a breather..didn't matter tho Titans scored off the next set..we continued to drop it or make about 30m a set ...game over..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 9:12 pm

Brooks is not the problem.

Butterfingers and poor offloads/passes after line breaks were the issue.

Give any half that much possession and they will not win the game.

Watch the game instead of staring at supercoach.

TigersBusDriver

Post by TigersBusDriver » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 9:18 pm

People love to complain, don't they? The bloke was treated like a newborn Messiah earlier in the year. He's shown us how good of a player he can really be, and he showed he could do it consistently over months. He's hit a slump at the moment, but his poor form is still better than most of the team's regular form and shows that he should not be the main issue at the moment.

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 9:36 pm

Time to start hypnotizing our players

"No matter how hard you try
You just cant drop the ball
When you tackle you will feel like a 5 tonne wrecking ball"