We Must Do this.

Wests Tigers Discussion
maxxy86

Re: We Must Do this.

Post by maxxy86 » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 9:41 am

Lols think we might need Cybil Fawlty as our coach.....she’d sought us out.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 11:12 am

It's a bit concerning that we've signed 3 players with injury problems that we already knew about on long term deals.

Matulino
McQueen
Reynolds

Then we've got
Lolo - who is finished as far as I'm concerned

Nofo - Injury and form problems, Best is behind him

Taylor - Who is also done as a footballer, just has no zip in his legs at all.

Eiso - I can't see him improving

Sue - Stagnant

Garlic sauce - Is a mystery

Chee cam - Can't see improvement

Liddle - ????

Rochow - We've seen his best and it's average at best.

Twal - Even have my doubts although he's been solid I'm not sure he gets much better

Benji - Probably retires

Gamble - ????

Packer - A dud

Our engine room looks like its got oil leaks everywhere and has been patched up with sticky tape, and its flooded.

We have massive problems scoring points, we've gone from being known as an attacking team to a defensive team (for 6 weeks) to a team that can't do either well, we're all at sea at the moment.
And dry land isn't on the horizon.

I'll make a prediction now that we won't make the 8 for the next 3 years and we'll go closer to getting the spoon than we will 8th spot.

And Ivan will be sacked or not re-signed.

tigeress

Post by tigeress » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 11:24 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 7:47 pm
Geo. wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 7:10 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 7:01 pm
What does cronic knee injury even mean.

No cartilage in Mataulino's knee..bone on bone..sometimes it flairs up n gets a bo bo..
It's hideously debilitating and seriously painful.

While I am not impressed with his recent form it takes some cojones to play League with an injury like that.
Why did Wests Tigers take him on then :crazy :crazy

tigeress

Post by tigeress » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 11:27 am

Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 9:59 pm
Let's face it we've signed a bunch of crocks to long term deals - Matulino, Reynolds, McQueen & Packer. None of them will probably see out their contracts. Good work WT management.
I agree :bash Why is it we keep giving long term contracts to the players who are not fit and almost ready to retire anyway :bash this is very bad management :crazy

tonza

Post by tonza » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 11:30 am

TIGER wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 11:12 am
It's a bit concerning that we've signed 3 players with injury problems that we already knew about on long term deals.

Matulino
McQueen
Reynolds

Then we've got

Sue - Stagnant

Liddle - ????

Twal - Even have my doubts although he's been solid I'm not sure he gets much better

Benji - Probably retires

Gamble - ????

Packer - A dud

Our engine room looks like its got oil leaks everywhere and has been patched up with sticky tape, and its flooded.

We have massive problems scoring points, we've gone from being known as an attacking team to a defensive team (for 6 weeks) to a team that can't do either well, we're all at sea at the moment.

I'll make a prediction now that we won't make the 8 for the next 3 years and we'll go closer to getting the spoon than we will 8th spot.

I see you are definitely a " glass half empty " sort of guy. Why do you bother following the side at all. Must be depressive?

Onthebus

Post by Onthebus » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 11:32 am

I will make a prediction that people will complain weather we win or lose.

Russell

Post by Russell » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 11:44 am

TIGER wrote:

Matulino
McQueen
Reynolds

Then we've got

Sue - Stagnant

Liddle - ????

Benji - Probably retires

Gamble - ????

Packer - A dud

Well good on you Tiger - positive as usual.

We can take a lot from that post - not sure what, apart from slashing ones wrists.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 11:53 am

tigeress wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 11:24 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 7:47 pm
Geo. wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 7:10 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 7:01 pm
What does cronic knee injury even mean.

No cartilage in Mataulino's knee..bone on bone..sometimes it flairs up n gets a bo bo..
It's hideously debilitating and seriously painful.

While I am not impressed with his recent form it takes some cojones to play League with an injury like that.
Why did Wests Tigers take him on then :crazy :crazy
I suppose only Ivan can answer that.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 12:02 pm

tonza wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 11:30 am
TIGER wrote:

Matulino
McQueen
Reynolds

Then we've got

Sue - Stagnant

Liddle - ????

Benji - Probably retires

Gamble - ????

Packer - A dud

I see you are definitely a " glass half empty " sort of guy. Why do you bother following the side at all. Must be depressive?
Well I guess if the glass looks half empty to me I'll say it's half empty.
Just call it how I see it.

Have you got something to add that I might have missed that might sway me to see it half full?

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 12:13 pm

Russell wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 11:44 am
TIGER wrote:

Matulino
McQueen
Reynolds

Then we've got

Sue - Stagnant

Liddle - ????

Benji - Probably retires

Gamble - ????

Packer - A dud

We can take a lot from that post - not sure what, apart from slashing ones wrists.
He's pretty bang on though, with the exception of Twal who I think is a great player. Everything else I agree with.

Assuming Farah doesn't keep playing next year Twal, Mbye, Marsters, Thompson and Lawrence are probably the only ones you'd want to keep.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 12:22 pm

Russell wrote:
TIGER wrote:

Matulino
McQueen
Reynolds

Then we've got

Sue - Stagnant

Liddle - ????

Benji - Probably retires

Gamble - ????

Packer - A dud

Yeah well signing mediocre players at best on 4yr deals that are ready for the scrap heap.

Having our old no9 a few weeks away from retirement
And our future one busted.

Relying on a young hooker who has already had 2 shoulder ops to come good.

Having zero talent coming through the ranks.

Having a halfback that is starting to look like he may need to go to another club in order to see his full potential

Having to sign (with all due respect) two has been in Benji and Robbie just to get through a season.

Having possibly the worst backrow in the comp.

Having no speed or threat in attack.

Having no go forward grunt or aggression in our pack.

Having a coach (and I'm not bagging him) but he's out of ideas, he knows that we're on the big slippery dip and there's nothing but bare asses and bubbles.

Just doesn't fill me with positivity.

What fills you with positivity?

Have I got it all wrong, is there something I missed?

coivtny
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by coivtny » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 12:29 pm

Onthebus wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 11:32 am
I will make a prediction that people will complain weather we win or lose.
And they'll complain about the whether.

Snake

Post by Snake » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 12:40 pm

TIGER wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 12:22 pm
Russell wrote:
TIGER wrote:

Matulino
McQueen
Reynolds

Then we've got

Sue - Stagnant

Liddle - ????

Benji - Probably retires

Gamble - ????

Packer - A dud

Yeah well signing mediocre players at best on 4yr deals that are ready for the scrap heap.

Having a halfback that is starting to look like he may need to go to another club in order to see his full potential

Having to sign (with all due respect) two has been in Benji and Robbie just to get through a season.

Having a coach (and I'm not bagging him) but he's out of ideas, he knows that we're on the big slippery dip and there's nothing but bare asses and bubbles.

Mate spot on ... year after year NOTHING , as a long term supporter as with most here it really is time the club makes a stand and open the chq book for players about to or in there prime .Every season the club rolls out busted , plodders or players looking at there retirement fund . Every year never looks like a finals berth but the club keep pushing for more memberships more support we’ll it is about time the club got its finger out and give us a competitive team that will challenge for at least a finals berth.

coivtny
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by coivtny » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 12:49 pm

Snake wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 12:40 pm
TIGER wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 12:22 pm
Russell wrote:
TIGER wrote:

Matulino
McQueen
Reynolds

Then we've got

Sue - Stagnant

Liddle - ????

Benji - Probably retires

Gamble - ????

Packer - A dud

Mate spot on ... year after year NOTHING , as a long term supporter as with most here it really is time the club makes a stand and open the chq book for players about to or in there prime .Every season the club rolls out busted , plodders or players looking at there retirement fund . Every year never looks like a finals berth but the club keep pushing for more memberships more support we’ll it is about time the club got its finger out and give us a competitive team that will challenge for at least a finals berth.
I agree as well. I understand Cleary has a thing about not paying overs but we may just have to until we put a roster together capable of making the top 4 and challenging for the premiership. Another year of not making finals is totally un acceptable. I'm sure Cronulla would have paid overs for a couple of years to assemble their roster. Once assembled good players I'd imagine good players will come at normal salaries.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 1:26 pm

I admit during pre season I was optimistic about Matulino, Packer, Reynolds, lolo and Milne and keen to see what comes of Liddle but I had massive doubts.

I was looking forward to no more plodder Woods and thought Packerlino could really change our middle.
To be honest I didn't even know who Rochow was and Eiso and Twal I thought handled themselves well stepping up to Nrl level but I wasn't seeing anything special.

I thought Reynolds and Lolo could add some spark (but had big doubts about Reynolds because what I was seeing at the Dogs didn't look good) and Milne could add some size and skill out wide, I was even optimistic about Benji coming back.

But I also watched Matulino closely once we announced his signing and I just wasn't seeing it, I never understood why we signed McQueen even if he was fit he's still passed it.

Now seeing what we've got for the next few years it's not looking good.

Grant has gone, Benji and Robbie I'd say will retire, and a few others might move on but unless we really jag a quality Prop and at least one quality backrower or some kid jumps out of the ground and steps up into our squad we won't be anything and all the people calling me negative and saying I should slit my wrists or go support another team will eventually be saying the same thing like they always do, they're just slow to realise the reality of the situation we're in.
Last edited by TIGER on Thu 05 Jul, 2018 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 1:30 pm

I would love to see Farah with 300 NRL FG games after his name but who knows where or when. Like waiting for Serena Wlliams break Margaret Court's record.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 1:41 pm

TIGER wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 1:26 pm
I admit during pre season I was optimistic about Matulino, Packer, Reynolds, lolo and Milne and keen to see what comes of Liddle but I had massive doubts.

I was looking forward to no more plodder Woods and thought Packerlino could really change our middle.
To be honest I didn't even know who Rochow was and Eiso and Twal I thought handled themselves well stepping up to Nrl level but I wasn't seeing anything special.

I thought Reynolds and Lolo could add some spark (but had big doubts about Reynolds because what I was seeing at the Dogs didn't look good) and Milne could add some size and skill out wide, I was even optimistic about Benji coming back.

But I also watched Matulino closely once we announced his signing and I just wasn't seeing it, I never understood why we signed McQueen even if he was fit he's still passed it.

Grant has gone, Benji and Robbie I'd say will retire, and a few others might move on but unless we really jag a quality Prop and at least one quality backrower or some kid jumps out of the ground and steps up into our squad we won't be anything and all the people calling me negative and saying I should slit my wrists or go support another team will eventually be saying the same thing like they always do, they're just slow to realise the reality of the situation we're in.
I can't see how people could disagree on any of that.
The dogs will recover well before we become any sort of a good team.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 1:52 pm

gallagher wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 1:41 pm
TIGER wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 1:26 pm

I can't see how people could disagree on any of that.
The dogs will recover well before we become any sort of a good team.
The Dogs are in a worse spot then us.

However I guess that is not your point.

I was not excited about this squad in pre season and I'm less excited now.

Happy with their effort, i actually think they have overachieved - I picked them to come 15th (we could still end up there) Effort only takes you so far.

We have a poor squad with lots of plodders and our players on big money are either ageing crocks or in poor form.

Personally I dont see a lot to look forward to the next couple of seasons unless we can make some better signings or young guys jump out of the ground.

You need pace and power in the NRL - until we find some of that all the effort in the world will not matter after 25 rounds.