David Nofoaluma tackle by Sam Burgess

Go Moltzen

Re: David Nofoaluma tackle by Sam Burgess

Post by Go Moltzen » Thu 26 Jul, 2018 12:52 am

Tackle was "o.k & legal" etc David was knocked out by his head hitting the ground.
Issue is Burgess' action after David went to sleep & lost the ball.
Fifteen seconds into video clip why did Burgess need to use his chest to ram David's already concussed head into the ground when the play was over?

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Thu 26 Jul, 2018 7:00 am

Lol people thinking its about the original tackle.

Like why even comment if you cant be bothered to 1 read the OP's comments and 2 watch the video.
Its an opinion!

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Thu 26 Jul, 2018 7:13 am

Burgess has done enough to be rubbed out for a very long time. But he won't be. One of the golden boys. Some of the pathetic things put on report are just laughable and then this..... :brick:

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Thu 26 Jul, 2018 7:36 am

The Patriot wrote:
Thu 26 Jul, 2018 7:00 am

Like why even comment if you cant be bothered to 1 read the OP's comments and 2 watch the video.
I must be missing something cause the OP is a reference to 15sec mark. I can't see or hear anything.

My iPad won't let me increase the screansize.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Thu 26 Jul, 2018 7:38 am

Doc Tiger wrote:
Thu 26 Jul, 2018 7:13 am
Burgess has done enough to be rubbed out for a very long time. But he won't be. One of the golden boys. Some of the pathetic things put on report are just laughable and then this..... :brick:
The follow up was deliberate malicious and completely ignored by the match review.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Thu 26 Jul, 2018 7:51 am

Go Moltzen wrote:
Thu 26 Jul, 2018 12:52 am
Tackle was "o.k & legal" etc David was knocked out by his head hitting the ground.
Fifteen seconds into video clip why did Burgess need to use his chest to ram David's already concussed head into the ground when the play was over?
Because that is the way he rolls, literally in this case.

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Thu 26 Jul, 2018 8:01 am

Go Moltzen wrote:
Not defending Sam but would he have known that Noff was knocked out at that stage? Like every other dominant tackle in the NRL the player lays on the tackled player or roles around on the player on the ground to slow the ruck to give his team time to set their line.

The way he stood over Farah was wrong, this not so much.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Thu 26 Jul, 2018 8:11 am

TCL wrote:
Thu 26 Jul, 2018 7:36 am
The Patriot wrote:
Thu 26 Jul, 2018 7:00 am

I must be missing something cause the OP is a reference to 15sec mark. I can't see or hear anything.

My iPad won't let me increase the screansize.

It shows Nofo out cold on the ground and Burgess on top of him, Burgess then puts his shoulder into Nofo and levers himself up.

Its a dog act, the player is non responsive and for all we know could have had a broken neck.
Its an opinion!

voice of reason

Post by voice of reason » Thu 26 Jul, 2018 8:13 am

jadtiger wrote:
Thu 26 Jul, 2018 7:38 am
The follow up was deliberate malicious and completely ignored by the match review.
When I was watching the live coverage I thought it was a very cheap shot on a clearly injured player.

Watching it again doesn't change my opinion.
Suffering supporter since 1967

Russell

Post by Russell » Thu 26 Jul, 2018 8:44 am

TCL wrote:
Thu 26 Jul, 2018 8:01 am
Go Moltzen wrote:
Not defending Sam but would he have known that Noff was knocked out at that stage? Like every other dominant tackle in the NRL the player lays on the tackled player or roles around on the player on the ground to slow the ruck to give his team time to set their line.

Yea, he wouldn't have known - just like he doesn't know someones head is underneath his elbow most times.

Go Moltzen

Post by Go Moltzen » Thu 26 Jul, 2018 10:23 am

TCL wrote:
Thu 26 Jul, 2018 8:01 am
Go Moltzen wrote:

David's eyes were lights out.
He looked like roadkill.
Burgess smelled blood, did what he did.

From SMH 25/7/18
Nofoaluma had never suffered a concussion and said he tried his best to pass the head-injury test and return to the field.

''I was a bit out of it after that knock,'' Nofoaluma said. "I got into the change room and started repeating all these answers in my head.

"I thought, 'what will the doctor ask me', and because I wanted to get back on the field I tried to remember as much as I could.

"But as soon the doctor started, I kept stuffing up. I knew I was no chance then. I had a bit of a blackout. It wasn't from the actual tackle but my head hitting the ground. I felt fine by the next day and during the week I've followed the proper protocol.''

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Thu 26 Jul, 2018 11:01 am

Head slams are always illegal and dangerous? Should have been penalised for the tackle, I don't think he meant to hurt Nofo badly, but once he got him levered on one arm, it was only going to be a head-slamming tackle.

Unfortunate but should not be in the game. Why do they rub out head-high tackles? Because of the associated damage to the head and brain. Head slams are in the same class.

Burgess had the tackle won, didn't need to slam the guy on the ground, it isn't WWE.