Where's Ivan?

Wests Tigers Discussion
Chris

Where's Ivan?

Post by Chris » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 1:05 pm

Justin Pascoe has fronted the media and made a statement on behalf of the club outlining the club's response. Where's Ivan with his statement and response? Is he having a royal sook or is he just gutless to come out and say that he's taken all our new recruits for a ride.

I want to know if he's had the guts to tell guys like Packer and Matulino that he's leaving or is he hiding somewhere?

Most gutless thing I've seen from a coach in over 40 years supporting this game.

Bozo97

Post by Bozo97 » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 1:11 pm

Or ya know maybe he's been preparing the team for this weeks do or die match...
Last edited by Bozo97 on Wed 08 Aug, 2018 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 1:15 pm

Apparently he addressed the team this morning

tigerbalm

Post by tigerbalm » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 1:15 pm

I'd imagine the club would not want him to come out and say " not sure what ill do yet".
I don't think we will see him until a decision has been made.

jai_donaldson

Post by jai_donaldson » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 1:18 pm

Addressed them how? Advising it's all rubbish or that he intends to steal the WT team bus and request everyone's opal cards to be returned?

Chris

Post by Chris » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 1:21 pm

It's great he's addressed the team but how about the Sponsors, Members and Fans? The ones who throw their hard earned to support him and the club. I think by now they deserve some kind of statement from him explaining himself and his actions.

I cant help but think that the real Ivan Cleary is coming out now.

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 1:25 pm

Ivan is an absolute disgrace
I hope the Panthers fail the next few years
He is fired
Gus is booted
And Nathan never plays origin again
Would rather the Roosters win then the Panthers
Now that says alot

TopTiger

Post by TopTiger » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 1:40 pm

I realise the word loyalty gets thrown around quite freely in the NRL and other sports concerning players both past and present when contract negotiations are undertaken. I also realise that the Tigers have sacked coaches in the past like all other clubs have done from time to time.

However, Ivan was given the opportunity by the Wests Tigers last year to resurrect his NRL coaching career and would he now have an offer from the Panthers if we didn't get sign him last year. Where is the loyalty and gratitude if he does in fact leave the Tigers. He can't even face the fans and explain himself, every passing minute is only further damaging his reputation!!

mtd

Post by mtd » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 1:42 pm

TIGER wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 1:15 pm
Apparently he addressed the team this morning
Do we know what was said?

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 1:49 pm

I would have had no issue with him going to Penrith after his contract is over.

I probably should wait until he speaks but if it is true he is seeking a release on compassionate grounds now it truly is laughable.

What is this Under 12s - he has to coach his son next season?

The damage looks to be done I don't think he can coach us next season. However the club should seek several million in compensation from Cleary and Penrith as well as players.

Maybe I will have to retract this but at the moment as things stand it looks like he is leaving a club and a lot of his players high and dry.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 2:07 pm

With Wally?

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 2:10 pm

Chris wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 1:05 pm
Justin Pascoe has fronted the media and made a statement on behalf of the club outlining the club's response. Where's Ivan with his statement and response? Is he having a royal sook or is he just gutless to come out and say that he's taken all our new recruits for a ride.

I want to know if he's had the guts to tell guys like Packer and Matulino that he's leaving or is he hiding somewhere?

Most gutless thing I've seen from a coach in over 40 years supporting this game.
At Concord... training the First Grade team..
Wayne Train 2019..

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 2:11 pm

I’d love to hear some feedback re player mood and body language if anyone was st the training session?????
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 2:17 pm

Ivan’s at the sanctuary..
He got the key of Mitch Moses
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Noggon

Post by Noggon » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 2:25 pm

Is this too far out there....
Why not sue the crap outa Penrith, also make them pay out the remainder of his contract, and go for Bennett? We gotta get some money back because of Taylor's antics, and who better than cashed up Panthers & big note Gould? Bonus is we don't lose Brooks.
Do you think the players would be ok with Bennett?

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 2:40 pm

Noggon wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 2:25 pm
Why not sue the crap outa Penrith, also make them pay out the remainder of his contract, and go for Bennett? We gotta get some money back because of Taylor's antics, and who better than cashed up Panthers & big note Gould? Bonus is we don't lose Brooks.
Welcome to the forum Noggon. Your first post was nearly a year in the making :)

hsvjones

Post by hsvjones » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 2:41 pm

Noggon wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 2:25 pm
I would say yes to this as Benji played under him last year and loves it.. He would put in a special mention to the players..

This whole this is just a joke.... Does anyone actually know if we have a game this week that we need to win to stay alive in this years comp... well done IC on ruining this year as well now.

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 2:46 pm

The whole thing is disgusting. I’ve been a Tigers fan over 30 years and I had thought I had seen it all. This completely stinks. Ivan you set a standard at the club with your statements like “on the bus”, “the star of the team is the team” and that you “love the place”, now this? We have every right to feel let down and angry. And why? To coach your son? Geez it’s hardly a life and death situation.