Elijah Taylor

Jay

Elijah Taylor

Post by Jay » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 8:13 am

Do you think there could be something not right with him in the head? He gives dumb penalties and the other week threw a pass 5 seconds after he was tackled lol. I dunno something doesn't seem right about him to me. Maybe too many concussions or just not too bright. Sorry ET. Loved you in the first season. Not sure what's happening.

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 8:22 am

Master of controlling the tempo in defence in my opinion. Takes the heat for the team as the penalty bad bay and gets through a mountain of work always for a slightly built guy.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

Jay

Post by Jay » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 8:23 am

Sorry you might be right, I am probably being harsh hah. He just pulls a few funny ones sometimes. You can see it coming and you are like ET noooo!!!

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 8:26 am

I actually agree. This is going to make me sound like a dribbler but I think he has CTE. The part of his brain that controls inhibition is cactus. His ability to stop making actions that are clearly and obvious detrimental is gone. Yesterday he body slammed a guy 5 seconds after the ref called held! It wasn't Blake Austin bad but I still facepalmed hard. He does this every game now. The concussions are definitely taking their toll.

That being said he had a blinder yesterday to be honest. I haven't seen his running game be that effective in donkeys. Moving him to the backrow was a smart move.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 8:32 am

I think his game suffered when he was filling in as hooker/dummy half, and it's taken him a while to readjust to being an edge forward again.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 8:38 am

I think he is just starting to find some good form again after being hammered through different periods over the last two seasons.
He does give away too many penalties by holding the tackled player down which drives me nuts but thought he had his best game for a while yesterday.

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 8:55 am

MacDougall wrote:
Mon 13 Aug, 2018 8:26 am
I actually agree. This is going to make me sound like a dribbler but I think he has CTE. The part of his brain that controls inhibition is cactus. His ability to stop making actions that are clearly and obvious detrimental is gone. Yesterday he body slammed a guy 5 seconds after the ref called held! It wasn't Blake Austin bad but I still facepalmed hard. He does this every game now. The concussions are definitely taking their toll.

That being said he had a blinder yesterday to be honest. I haven't seen his running game be that effective in donkeys. Moving him to the backrow was a smart move.
Yep .... just a tackling machine. Not sure if he can expand his game beyond that?

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 8:58 am

Also I also think that it won’t be long before Marsters goes to lock.
Still has some tackling skills to work on but gee he reminds me of Les Boyd ..... without the over the top rubbish.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 9:02 am

momo&medo wrote:
Mon 13 Aug, 2018 8:55 am
MacDougall wrote:
Mon 13 Aug, 2018 8:26 am

Yep .... just a tackling machine. Not sure if he can expand his game beyond that?
Made a break or two yesterday.

I agree that his time at hooker has hampered his game. He's getting better though and getting back into the groove.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 9:08 am

He is providing a great contribution in with tackling, The team would be in trouble if he missed a match.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 9:15 am

momo&medo wrote:
Mon 13 Aug, 2018 8:58 am
Also I also think that it won’t be long before Marsters goes to lock.
Still has some tackling skills to work on but gee he reminds me of Les Boyd ..... without the over the top rubbish.
We need 2 good first grade centres to do that at the moment the cupboard is bare

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 9:23 am

He's our Shaun fensom.. Dallas Johnson... Allan tongue type... Works his ring off and sometimes under extreme fatigue poor choices are made

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 9:27 am

I get the facepalm comment, but I'd rather he was there than not.
"Quality Stupidity"

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 9:42 am

He also often fulfills the tactical link role that the coach prefers to utilise.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 9:44 am

For a bloke who only tackles he sure made a nice line break yesterday.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 9:45 am

Was great yesterday..best game in a while..his D saved us a few times and the line break was great..
Wayne Train 2019..

Sco77y

Post by Sco77y » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 9:58 am

Must be one of, if not the most penalised player in the NRL. Just let go when the refs are screaming held.. Maybe he's trying to slow down the play, which is fine but he always takes it that one step too far. Refs are onto him too imo, he always gets pulled up for that kind of thing, even in situations where others would get away with it.

cochise

Post by cochise » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 10:13 am

He controls our line speed in defence, watch for him he is always the first up in the line. He is starting to show signs of being that link to the halves that he was in his 1st season here, did it a few times yesterday managing to create space.