Cultured Bogan

Re: Horn v Mundine

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 01 Dec, 2018 4:05 pm

How's Kostyas young bloke doing?
Help me... I broke apart my insides,
Help me... I've got no soul to sell;
Help me... The only thing that works for me,
Help me get away from myself...

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sat 01 Dec, 2018 4:40 pm

Demps wrote:
Sat 01 Dec, 2018 3:48 pm
Marshall_magic wrote:
Sat 01 Dec, 2018 3:44 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Sat 01 Dec, 2018 1:46 pm
Demps wrote:
Sat 01 Dec, 2018 12:48 pm

Out cold...

Lot of talk online it was a fix.... But idk.

I can't see Horn matching it with international guys like Danny Garcia or Errol Spence.... So he cna enjoy his win over an expired fighter and lose the next few when matched with US heavy hitters like Terrence Crawford
I don’t think it was fixed just the inevitable outcome of a massive mismatch. Mundine struggled with Green who was at a similar stage of semi retirement. Against Horn who is in his prime and world class it was only going to end one way.

As for Horn he needs to start thinking about his long term career and fight decent guys before he thinks big names again. Crawford looked out of his scope but Horn has improvement in him.
I can see Horn on the way out soon as well. This was a big payday at the back end of his career. He got a prison beating from Crawford and he may be thinking about his long term health. He beat Manny, how much higher is his ceiling realistically?

I don't like Horn at all.... Im with you though.
He smoked a dated Mundine.
But on the international stage he has no chance.

Over rated.
Don't forget that it was not that long ago that Horn held the WBO title.

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 01 Dec, 2018 4:51 pm

Newtown wrote:
Sat 01 Dec, 2018 4:40 pm
Demps wrote:
Marshall_magic wrote:
Yossarian wrote:

I don’t think it was fixed just the inevitable outcome of a massive mismatch. Mundine struggled with Green who was at a similar stage of semi retirement. Against Horn who is in his prime and world class it was only going to end one way.

As for Horn he needs to start thinking about his long term career and fight decent guys before he thinks big names again. Crawford looked out of his scope but Horn has improvement in him.
I can see Horn on the way out soon as well. This was a big payday at the back end of his career. He got a prison beating from Crawford and he may be thinking about his long term health. He beat Manny, how much higher is his ceiling realistically?

Over rated.
Did u watch the Manny fight? Bias aside, I truly believed Manny was robbed.

Horn is an imposter
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 01 Dec, 2018 5:20 pm

Marshall_magic wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
Demps wrote:
Sat 01 Dec, 2018 12:48 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Sat 01 Dec, 2018 12:18 pm
I’m not a big fan of Mundine but Horn got him pretty flush. If he was 32 and not 42 he might have worn it and kept going. Sure it wasn’t the biggest punch but it hit Mundine nice and clean.
Out cold...

Lot of talk online it was a fix.... But idk.

I can't see Horn matching it with international guys like Danny Garcia or Errol Spence.... So he cna enjoy his win over an expired fighter and lose the next few when matched with US heavy hitters like Terrence Crawford

You make some good points but he has made the same mistake as Jeff Fenech did by trying to stay at a weight division he really struggles to get down to

Goes up a weight division and he is a different beast altogether

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Sat 01 Dec, 2018 6:35 pm

Demps wrote:
Sat 01 Dec, 2018 4:51 pm
Newtown wrote:
Demps wrote:
Marshall_magic wrote:

Over rated.

Horn is an imposter
He fought, he won. How is he an imposter? Mundine was the imposter in that ring last night, he had no business being there. You just don’t like the guy because he doesn’t carry on like an arrogant tosspot in public which you seem to value for some reason...

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 01 Dec, 2018 7:45 pm

Nelson wrote:
Sat 01 Dec, 2018 6:35 pm
Demps wrote:
Newtown wrote:
Demps wrote:

Over rated.

Horn is an imposter
He fought, he won. How is he an imposter? Mundine was the imposter in that ring last night, he had no business being there. You just don’t like the guy because he doesn’t carry on like an arrogant tosspot in public which you seem to value for some reason...
As I said.... Manny was robbed.
And as I've also said.. I've met Mundine on numerous occasions and he turns it up for the camera but has always been good to me... And u don't like him cos u believe the media hype.
Horn is a dud and will be exposed again.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Sat 01 Dec, 2018 8:13 pm

Demps wrote:
Sat 01 Dec, 2018 7:45 pm
Nelson wrote:
Demps wrote:
Newtown wrote:

Horn is an imposter
And as I've also said.. I've met Mundine on numerous occasions and he turns it up for the camera but has always been good to me... And u don't like him cos u believe the media hype.
He's a dud because he lost to one of the best pound for pound boxers in the world in Terence Crawford? Horn has got a record that very few boxers achieve regardless of the quality of some of the compeition he's fought. He's a talent and calling him a dud is just dopey and makes you sound like a fanboy who plays favourites. He's never going to be an all time great but he's very competitive on the world stage.

I don't like Mundine because of the words that have come out of his own mouth, it has nothing to do with media hype. I respect the talent he had as a boxer regardless of the fact I don't like him too. He's had some great wins over his career and fought against some quality boxers like Ottke and Kessler. Yeah he lost to them but he earned a shot at them just like Horn did with Crawford.

As for Manny being robbed I don't see how you can hold that against Horn, all he did was get in the ring and go the distance and the rest was up to the judges (and the judges on the review panel after that who confirmed the result).

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 01 Dec, 2018 8:20 pm

Nelson wrote:
Sat 01 Dec, 2018 8:13 pm
Demps wrote:
Nelson wrote:
Demps wrote:

Horn is an imposter
He's a dud because he lost to one of the best pound for pound boxers in the world in Terence Crawford? Horn has got a record that very few boxers achieve regardless of the quality of some of the compeition he's fought. He's a talent and calling him a dud is just dopey and makes you sound like a fanboy who plays favourites. He's never going to be an all time great but he's very competitive on the world stage.

I don't like Mundine because of the words that have come out of his own mouth, it has nothing to do with media hype. I respect the talent he had as a boxer regardless of the fact I don't like him too. He's had some great wins over his career and fought against some quality boxers like Ottke and Kessler. Yeah he lost to them but he earned a shot at them just like Horn did with Crawford.

As for Manny being robbed I don't see how you can hold that against Horn, all he did was get in the ring and go the distance and the rest was up to the judges (and the judges on the review panel after that who confirmed the result).
I'm with Nelson , you are really knocking how good Terence Crawford is by bagging Horn

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 01 Dec, 2018 8:21 pm

😂

Let's see how Horn goes against Spence or Garcia.

Each their own fellas. I dont rate Horn.
#Unbeatable

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 01 Dec, 2018 8:27 pm

Demps wrote:
Sat 01 Dec, 2018 8:21 pm
😂

Your ignoring our point though Demps , don't you rate Crawford ??

I reckon he would match up well with Alvarez , the extra weight and he will become a machine

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 01 Dec, 2018 8:30 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 01 Dec, 2018 8:27 pm
Demps wrote:
Sat 01 Dec, 2018 8:21 pm
😂

Your ignoring our point though Demps , don't you rate Crawford ??

I reckon he would match up well with Alvarez , the extra weight and he will become a machine
Yeah TC is great.

Horn is over rated. He can't and won't match it with the big name fighters. Got lucky against Pac Man.
#Unbeatable

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 23 Dec, 2018 12:30 pm

‘Give me one more shot’: Anthony Mundine’s shock call-out to Jeff Horn for rematch
Maybe he’s been punched in the head too many times but Anthony Mundine doesn’t seem to remember how the last fight went.
FOX SPORTS DECEMBER 22, 2018 8:54PM

The first fight ended after just 96 seconds but could Jeff Horn and Anthony Mundine get it on again? The Man certainly hopes so after calling out Horn for a re-match in an interview that will run in full on Fox Sports News 500 on Sunday.

‘I don’t want to die wondering, man. Just give me one more shot, Mundine has called jeff horn out for the rematch. Catch the full interview on @FOXSportsNews Sunday 9:30 AEDT.

Mundine was seeimgly knocked into retirement when he was floored by a left hook from Horn last month, causing him to declare that it was “time up” on his 18-year pro career. But he’s since had time to reflect on the loss, his ninth to go with his 48 wins (28 KOs).“I can’t go out like that. I thought it was going to be over after this one, too. But when something happens like that and you’ve had time to reflect on it, ”(He) just got me with a shot early." Mundine said.

Unfortunately for Mundine, there was no re-match clause in his contract to fight Horn. But he’s hoping the former world champion will still give him a shot at redemption. “I think people power can make this fight happen. If you guys start talking and start ramping it up … I believe I can win. Some of you might think I’m delirious or what not but that’s fine, I’m cool with that, because of what happened. The last one was over almost before it began.

The call-out is a far cry from Mundine’s immediate reaction to the loss in the ring, in which he acknowledged that his career was over and that was passing the baton to Horn.
Last edited by Newtown on Sun 23 Dec, 2018 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sun 23 Dec, 2018 1:02 pm

Newtown wrote:
Sun 23 Dec, 2018 12:30 pm
‘Give me one more shot’: Anthony Mundine’s shock call-out to Jeff Horn for rematch
Maybe he’s been punched in the head too many times but Anthony Mundine doesn’t seem to remember how the last fight went.

FOX SPORTS DECEMBER 22, 2018 8:54PM

The first fight ended after just 96 seconds but could Jeff Horn and Anthony Mundine get it on again? The Man certainly hopes so after calling out Horn for a re-match in an interview that will run in full on Fox Sports News 500 on Sunday.

‘I don’t want to die wondering, man. Just give me one more shot, Mundine has called jeff horn out for the rematch. Catch the full interview on @FOXSportsNews Sunday 9:30 AEDT.

Mundine was seeimgly knocked into retirement when he was floored by a left hook from Horn last month, causing him to declare that it was “time up” on his 18-year pro career.
But he’s since had time to reflect on the loss, his ninth to go with his 48 wins (28 KOs).
“I can’t go out like that. Period. I thought it was going to be over after this one, too. But when something happens like that and you’ve had time to reflect on it, you’re like, ‘Man, just give me another chance’,” Mundine said.

Unfortunately for Mundine, there was no re-match clause in his contract to fight Horn. But he’s hoping the former world champion will still give him a shot at redemption.
“I think people power can make this fight happen. If you guys start talking and start ramping it up … I believe I can win. Some of you might think I’m delirious or what not but that’s fine, I’m cool with that, because of what happened. “If I do win, and when I do win, this will be a story you can tell your grand, grand, grand, grand, grand, grand, great grandchildren. So let’s try and make it happen. “I know what I can do. I want to give you two for one. Two for one meaning you’re going to get two shows for the price of one.”

The last one was over almost before it began. The call-out is a far cry from Mundine’s immediate reaction to the loss in the ring, in which he acknowledged that his career was over and that was passing the baton to Horn. “I’ve had a great career. Jeff proved tonight that he was a better man ... with a better shot,” Mundine “(He) got me with a shot early.
As always Mundine is very mundane.Yawn

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 23 Dec, 2018 3:19 pm

Mundine would not have made a dime if no one paid attention to him. Everyone who hates the guy made him rich. Hats off to him.

Tigerstruck

Post by Tigerstruck » Sun 23 Dec, 2018 3:24 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 23 Dec, 2018 3:19 pm
Mundine would not have made a dime if no one paid attention to him. Everyone who hates the guy made him rich. Hats off to him.
I completely agree, doesn't make him any more likable though

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 23 Dec, 2018 5:03 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 01 Dec, 2018 8:20 pm
Nelson wrote:
Demps wrote:
Nelson wrote:

I'm with Nelson , you are really knocking how good Terence Crawford is by bagging Horn
Agreed.... The pacman result was surprising.... Doesn't make horn a dud tho... Demps talking out his ring again

upthetigers

Post by upthetigers » Sun 23 Dec, 2018 7:35 pm

Mundine should fight Conor McGregor. Hopefully they'd be a double KO.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 23 Dec, 2018 9:53 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 23 Dec, 2018 5:03 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sat 01 Dec, 2018 8:20 pm
Nelson wrote:
Demps wrote:

Agreed.... The pacman result was surprising.... Doesn't make horn a dud tho... Demps talking out his ring again
In and out of the ring Ink

You can only beat who you face , if Pacman didn't prepare properly , he is a fool