Wests Tigers’ best 17 for 2019: Can Michael Maguire make a finals team out of this roster?

Wests Tigers Discussion
User avatar
shakey4d
Member
Member
Posts: 1120
Joined: Mon 16 Apr, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: Wests Tigers’ best 17 for 2019: Can Michael Maguire make a finals team out of this roster?

Post by shakey4d » Mon 14 Jan, 2019 9:29 pm

Madge wrote:
Sat 12 Jan, 2019 5:35 pm
Smh article stating that Maguire wants to play Benji in the centers with Reynolds at 6. Thoughts??

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.smh ... 50qyu.html
Interesting idea. Who’s Kane Bradley?


Nucky Thompson
Member
Member
Posts: 1505
Joined: Sun 09 Oct, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by Nucky Thompson » Tue 15 Jan, 2019 6:32 am

851 wrote:
Mon 14 Jan, 2019 5:37 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Sun 13 Jan, 2019 2:21 pm
851 wrote:
Sat 12 Jan, 2019 6:10 pm
Madge wrote:
Sat 12 Jan, 2019 5:35 pm
Smh article stating that Maguire wants to play Benji in the centers with Reynolds at 6. Thoughts??

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.smh ... 50qyu.html
Kane Bradley, don't know anything about him, maybe a diamond in the rough
Junior signing a lot of clubs were after him. http://www.mapsports.com.au/news/176-br ... -2021.html
Thanks for that, maybe a gift from Ivan after all, good luck to the kid, he certainly has the build, hope he has the talent to go with it
I'm sure Kelly Egan had a lot to do with it.

greatwhitehunter
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu 30 Aug, 2018 12:53 pm

Post by greatwhitehunter » Wed 16 Jan, 2019 2:35 pm

The Tigers have no chance of making the top 8 with Benjii in the 17.

He was the worst 5/8 in the comp last year - can't tackle, can't run.

Robbies $659k deduction means an already crap lineup will be a lot crapper.

The spoon beckons.

User avatar
TigerSkins
Member
Member
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun 10 Nov, 2013 8:28 pm
Location: Canberra

Post by TigerSkins » Wed 16 Jan, 2019 2:59 pm

shakey4d wrote:
Mon 14 Jan, 2019 9:29 pm
Madge wrote:
Sat 12 Jan, 2019 5:35 pm
Smh article stating that Maguire wants to play Benji in the centers with Reynolds at 6. Thoughts??

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.smh ... 50qyu.html
Interesting idea. Who’s Kane Bradley?
He's a young developement kid who is currently 195cms tall, tips the scales around 110kgs and is a beast at returning the ball and is tackling / belting the NRL players at training sessions whilst training with the NRL squad. A former Dragons and Bulldogs rep player, last was in the NSW under 18 SOO team. If we lose Musgrove don't be surprise if this kid is promoted into our top 30 players.

Interesting that he is training on the wing .. lol aka Corey Oates .. Bradley is a big boy .. !! Wish we could find another Taniela Tuiaki .. !!

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 30070
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Wed 16 Jan, 2019 3:46 pm

If a kid is belting our NRL blokes doesn't say much for them..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen


User avatar
prattenparkchild
Member
Member
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun 07 May, 2017 1:10 pm

Post by prattenparkchild » Wed 16 Jan, 2019 6:57 pm

Anything is possible, we still apparently have 3 slots to fill and there is the final feeding frenzy just before season start to make some changes. I think we have a competitive 17 but our depth will test us. Crucially Farah / Liddle transition, who is Brooks understudy, prop forward power and a strike back tower. It's not beyond us a bottom 8 position, but more realistically, 9 thru 12. There are better squads but also some worse. It's the middle ones we are competitive with.

User avatar
shakey4d
Member
Member
Posts: 1120
Joined: Mon 16 Apr, 2012 6:25 pm

Post by shakey4d » Wed 16 Jan, 2019 9:32 pm

TigerSkins wrote:
Wed 16 Jan, 2019 2:59 pm
shakey4d wrote:
Mon 14 Jan, 2019 9:29 pm
Madge wrote:
Sat 12 Jan, 2019 5:35 pm
Smh article stating that Maguire wants to play Benji in the centers with Reynolds at 6. Thoughts??

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.smh ... 50qyu.html
Interesting idea. Who’s Kane Bradley?
He's a young developement kid who is currently 195cms tall, tips the scales around 110kgs and is a beast at returning the ball and is tackling / belting the NRL players at training sessions whilst training with the NRL squad. A former Dragons and Bulldogs rep player, last was in the NSW under 18 SOO team. If we lose Musgrove don't be surprise if this kid is promoted into our top 30 players.

Interesting that he is training on the wing .. lol aka Corey Oates .. Bradley is a big boy .. !! Wish we could find another Taniela Tuiaki .. !!
Thanks for the run down. Look forward to seeing him go round.

User avatar
TIGER
Member
Member
Posts: 3516
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:40 am

Post by TIGER » Wed 16 Jan, 2019 10:12 pm

So to answer the question.

Yes he can.

But we most likely won't, I just don't see where the improvement comes from.

Post Reply