ASIANS OF THE NRL

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
tigerap
Member
Member
Posts: 2432
Joined: Tue 06 Oct, 2015 10:08 pm

Re: ASIANS OF THE NRL

Post by tigerap » Sun 13 Jan, 2019 10:10 pm

Demps wrote:
Sat 12 Jan, 2019 8:19 pm
Didn't realise Mr. Payne Haas was part Filipino.

Broncos player Gehamat Shibasaki has some Japanese and Malaysian descent and up and coming brothers Gordon and Jonathan Chan Kum Tong are of an Asian background.

Any other players past or present?

Craig Wing being the most notable.
Dennis Bendall....centre for Balmain....


User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 18528
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 14 Jan, 2019 8:27 am

Go You Good Things wrote:
Sun 13 Jan, 2019 5:51 pm
Demps wrote:
Sat 12 Jan, 2019 8:19 pm
Didn't realise Mr. Payne Haas was part Filipino.

Broncos player Gehamat Shibasaki has some Japanese and Malaysian descent and up and coming brothers Gordon and Jonathan Chan Kum Tong are of an Asian background.

Any other players past or present?

Craig Wing being the most notable.
OK Albert.
I got it.

Mr. Rosenfeld :lol:
Help me... I broke apart my insides,
Help me... I've got no soul to sell;
Help me... The only thing that works for me,
Help me get away from myself...

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Abraham
Member
Member
Posts: 1284
Joined: Mon 25 Mar, 2013 1:09 pm

Post by Abraham » Mon 14 Jan, 2019 9:17 am

Just jumped on google, and there is a whole host of players with Chinese background i never knew about ...

Michael Chee Kam, Frank Paul Nuuasala, Jharal Yow Yeh, Leeson Ah Mau.

Interesting.

Go You Good Things
Member
Member
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed 13 Jul, 2016 3:54 pm

Post by Go You Good Things » Mon 14 Jan, 2019 5:17 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 14 Jan, 2019 8:27 am
Go You Good Things wrote:
Sun 13 Jan, 2019 5:51 pm
Demps wrote:
Sat 12 Jan, 2019 8:19 pm
Didn't realise Mr. Payne Haas was part Filipino.

Broncos player Gehamat Shibasaki has some Japanese and Malaysian descent and up and coming brothers Gordon and Jonathan Chan Kum Tong are of an Asian background.

Any other players past or present?

Craig Wing being the most notable.
OK Albert.
I got it.

Mr. Rosenfeld :lol:
DING !!! . . . We have a winner ! give this man a pick of the meat trays.

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8521
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Mon 14 Jan, 2019 6:04 pm

Twin peaks sucks.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.


User avatar
quintus
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 609
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 10:17 am

Post by quintus » Mon 14 Jan, 2019 6:05 pm

The Yow Yeh name is Aboriginal and they come from Queensland....I am going back over 50 years here....One of them played for Balmain and another was in the same Battalion as moi....He and his cousin Stewie Harald were both very good boxers.... :sign:

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8521
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Mon 14 Jan, 2019 6:12 pm

quintus wrote:
Mon 14 Jan, 2019 6:05 pm
The Yow Yeh name is Aboriginal and they come from Queensland....I am going back over 50 years here....One of them played for Balmain and another was in the same Battalion as moi....He and his cousin Stewie Harald were both very good boxers.... :sign:
This thread is for the ASIANS OF THE NRL.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

User avatar
quintus
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 609
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 10:17 am

Post by quintus » Mon 14 Jan, 2019 6:32 pm

Demps wrote:
Mon 14 Jan, 2019 6:12 pm
quintus wrote:
Mon 14 Jan, 2019 6:05 pm
The Yow Yeh name is Aboriginal and they come from Queensland....I am going back over 50 years here....One of them played for Balmain and another was in the same Battalion as moi....He and his cousin Stewie Harald were both very good boxers.... :sign:
This thread is for the ASIANS OF THE NRL.
What are you on about mister....I made a comment because the name Yow Yeh was mentioned as Asian....I should have asked your most gracious permission.... sorry about that master.... I can shout louder than you....SEE....Your turn now.... :sign:

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8521
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Mon 14 Jan, 2019 6:49 pm

quintus wrote:
Mon 14 Jan, 2019 6:32 pm
Demps wrote:
Mon 14 Jan, 2019 6:12 pm
quintus wrote:
Mon 14 Jan, 2019 6:05 pm
The Yow Yeh name is Aboriginal and they come from Queensland....I am going back over 50 years here....One of them played for Balmain and another was in the same Battalion as moi....He and his cousin Stewie Harald were both very good boxers.... :sign:
This thread is for the ASIANS OF THE NRL.
What are you on about mister....I made a comment because the name Yow Yeh was mentioned as Asian....I should have asked your most gracious permission.... sorry about that master.... I can shout louder than you....SEE....Your turn now.... :sign:
AllG champ.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 18528
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 14 Jan, 2019 8:06 pm

Demps wrote:
Mon 14 Jan, 2019 6:04 pm
Twin peaks sucks.
Look up the name Albert Rosenfeld Demps. Nothing to do with Twin Peaks.
Help me... I broke apart my insides,
Help me... I've got no soul to sell;
Help me... The only thing that works for me,
Help me get away from myself...

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8521
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Mon 14 Jan, 2019 8:22 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 14 Jan, 2019 8:06 pm
Demps wrote:
Mon 14 Jan, 2019 6:04 pm
Twin peaks sucks.
Look up the name Albert Rosenfeld Demps. Nothing to do with Twin Peaks.
I still don't get it.

:deadhorse:
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

User avatar
quintus
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 609
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 10:17 am

Post by quintus » Mon 14 Jan, 2019 8:28 pm

Your a good man Demps.... :sign:

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 6195
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Mon 14 Jan, 2019 10:26 pm

Demps wrote:
Mon 14 Jan, 2019 6:49 pm
quintus wrote:
Mon 14 Jan, 2019 6:32 pm
Demps wrote:
Mon 14 Jan, 2019 6:12 pm
quintus wrote:
Mon 14 Jan, 2019 6:05 pm
The Yow Yeh name is Aboriginal and they come from Queensland....I am going back over 50 years here....One of them played for Balmain and another was in the same Battalion as moi....He and his cousin Stewie Harald were both very good boxers.... :sign:
This thread is for the ASIANS OF THE NRL.
What are you on about mister....I made a comment because the name Yow Yeh was mentioned as Asian....I should have asked your most gracious permission.... sorry about that master.... I can shout louder than you....SEE....Your turn now.... :sign:
AllG champ.
According to wiki Yow Yeh is Asian - Chinese great-grandfather via the South Pacific. Look up Jharal Yow Yeh. Also in The Advertiser
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/nr ... 9397d74605

User avatar
quintus
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 609
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 10:17 am

Post by quintus » Mon 14 Jan, 2019 11:02 pm

The Yow Yeh That I know are Australian Aboriginal 100%....I don't know where Jharal Yow Yeh came from....But my Yow Yeh is old enough to be his great grandfather....They are a fairly big family I believe so years ago one of the boys may have married an asian girl....I don't know.... :sign:

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 18528
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 15 Jan, 2019 7:40 am

Demps wrote:
Mon 14 Jan, 2019 8:22 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 14 Jan, 2019 8:06 pm
Demps wrote:
Mon 14 Jan, 2019 6:04 pm
Twin peaks sucks.
Look up the name Albert Rosenfeld Demps. Nothing to do with Twin Peaks.
I still don't get it.

:deadhorse:
There's an alt account on LU by the name of Albert Rosenfeld. The poster always carries on about overseas players. French, Dutch, Islanders...
Help me... I broke apart my insides,
Help me... I've got no soul to sell;
Help me... The only thing that works for me,
Help me get away from myself...

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8521
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Wed 16 Jan, 2019 2:23 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 15 Jan, 2019 7:40 am
Demps wrote:
Mon 14 Jan, 2019 8:22 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 14 Jan, 2019 8:06 pm
Demps wrote:
Mon 14 Jan, 2019 6:04 pm
Twin peaks sucks.
Look up the name Albert Rosenfeld Demps. Nothing to do with Twin Peaks.
I still don't get it.

:deadhorse:
There's an alt account on LU by the name of Albert Rosenfeld. The poster always carries on about overseas players. French, Dutch, Islanders...
Ehhh an "in joke" huh...
😂

Oh well. Any other players?
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

pdenny77
Member
Member
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat 16 Feb, 2013 8:06 pm

Post by pdenny77 » Wed 16 Jan, 2019 4:29 pm

Lebanon is Western Asia. Start naming them.

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 18528
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 16 Jan, 2019 9:15 pm

Basically anyone from the Middle East is Asian.
Help me... I broke apart my insides,
Help me... I've got no soul to sell;
Help me... The only thing that works for me,
Help me get away from myself...

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Post Reply