Junior Moors

Peaches

Re: Junior Moors

Post by Peaches » Fri 21 May, 2010 11:08 pm

I think Junior has been good whenever he has had a chance. Tonight was his best game though. When he was on the field we looked to be going forward. Fifita I thought was good too, as was Dwyer. The bench was strong tonight.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Fri 21 May, 2010 11:18 pm

I really notoced Moops tonight.

Every time we needed a big run he was there.

And delivered.

willow

Post by willow » Fri 21 May, 2010 11:23 pm

Yep, he went well tonight but I'd really like to see him and Dwyer used wider of the ruck where they can cause more damage and get away offloads for which they are renowned for. Given the Tigers lack of options with props though, I can see why Moors is having to play there. Good game tonight though, he's got a powerful build which makes him hard to bring down.

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Fri 21 May, 2010 11:28 pm

i am so sick of hearing every backrower should be played out wider.
you can't play everyone out wide
if a good hard charge up the guts is needed you do it.if it is needed all game,then you do it.
and in wet conditions you don't play them out wide anyway.

good to see this team actually played to the conditions.

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Fri 21 May, 2010 11:55 pm

bonstonker wrote:i am so sick of hearing every backrower should be played out wider.
if a good hard charge up the guts is needed you do it.if it is needed all game,then you do it.

BRAVO!!!!!! Well said Bon...
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Sat 22 May, 2010 2:00 am

The greatest thing with Moops is, he is IMPROVING every single game. He runs at the line hard with no self preservation.
Galloway was the same when he first arrived at WT.
Little errors in their games, not backing their own size. These things will get ironed out over time and experience. He will prove to be a great buy for WT.
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

senexx

Post by senexx » Sat 22 May, 2010 4:10 pm

I'm not tired of hearing that backrowers should play out wider but I agree with bonstonker's sentiment that you can't play everyone out wide
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris

MightyMaggy

Post by MightyMaggy » Sat 22 May, 2010 4:26 pm

[quote="bonstonker"]i am so sick of hearing every backrower should be played out wider.

good to see this team actually played to the conditions.[/quote
Well said.

Many posts on this forum are whinging about the lack of good, big, metre-gaining, prop forwards. My view of the game was that Moors played very much a prop forward game, while he was on, taking the ball up the centre on many occasions. With the wet weather, where else should he have played.

Year of the Tiger

Post by Year of the Tiger » Sat 22 May, 2010 4:58 pm

bonstonker wrote:i am so sick of hearing every backrower should be played out wider.

My thoughts exactly. The Tigers need players bending the line in the middle.
2 October 2005 was the greatest day of my life ...

alien

Post by alien » Mon 24 May, 2010 1:47 am

I thought he had a good game. I gave him a point in the 3-2-1. He made over 100 meters. He seems to be improving but he needs to keep playing well because there are others in the lower grades who could take his interchange spot.

The Tooth

Post by The Tooth » Mon 24 May, 2010 9:31 am

He did standout and deserves a mention. We have a fortune of backrowers. Its hard to criticise Sheens when you have Ellis on one edge and now Dwyer off the bench with the likes of Fulton and Heighno. We need front rowers and Moors is stepping up. He's got a bit of footwork before the line which I like. Would be nice to see some offloads from him for second phase play. Should be on the bench every week to play up the guts. Leave the wider work to Ellis, Fulton and Dwyer with Heighno roaming.
MightyMaggy wrote:

good to see this team actually played to the conditions.[/quote
Well said.

Many posts on this forum are whinging about the lack of good, big, metre-gaining, prop forwards. My view of the game was that Moors played very much a prop forward game, while he was on, taking the ball up the centre on many occasions. With the wet weather, where else should he have played.

weststigerman

Post by weststigerman » Mon 24 May, 2010 9:39 am

Exactly right.

I'm sure players like Civoniceva would be terrific out wide, but they are more use to their teams in the middle. Same thing with players like Moors and even Fifita.

If the forum picked our team structures we'd only have Robbie in the middle, everyone else would be out near the centres waiting for the ball.