Cricket Season Thread

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41847
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Re: Cricket Season Thread

Post by happy tiger » Sun 06 Jan, 2019 12:33 pm

Finally NSW produces something useful for Australia

Rain

Now if only they can produce some cricketers that don't resort to sandpaper


User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 30080
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sun 06 Jan, 2019 1:32 pm

Well done Sydney..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41847
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Post by happy tiger » Sun 06 Jan, 2019 1:55 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sun 06 Jan, 2019 1:32 pm
Well done Sydney..
Don't you ever call me KOD ever again :roll

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41847
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Post by happy tiger » Sun 06 Jan, 2019 2:06 pm

Goes without saying barring a miracle they will enforce the follow on

Pitch has some juice in it now , overcast conditions .....

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 18524
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 06 Jan, 2019 2:51 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Fri 04 Jan, 2019 2:11 pm
Labuschagne is so far proving to be the debacle it seemed on paper. 10 overs of expensive leg spin. So worth not picking a batsman.
Call me old fashioned, but to be considered an effective leggie, you need to actually have the ball hit the pitch? Otherwise you're just bowling slow full tosses.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...


User avatar
Tiger Steve
Member
Member
Posts: 2265
Joined: Wed 29 Mar, 2017 5:30 pm
Location: Chatswood West

Post by Tiger Steve » Sun 06 Jan, 2019 3:13 pm

This is a huge innings coming up for Australia’s top 7 batsmen. There is nothing in this pitch to stop good batsmen surviving. With some grit and determination (and sensible shot selection) we should be able to bat out the remaining time.
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 23099
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 06 Jan, 2019 3:15 pm

Only thing that will save them is rain.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 23099
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 06 Jan, 2019 3:23 pm

First time the Aussies have been forced to follow on at home since 1988 😐

User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9914
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast

Post by Yossarian » Sun 06 Jan, 2019 4:14 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sun 06 Jan, 2019 2:51 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Fri 04 Jan, 2019 2:11 pm
Labuschagne is so far proving to be the debacle it seemed on paper. 10 overs of expensive leg spin. So worth not picking a batsman.
Call me old fashioned, but to be considered an effective leggie, you need to actually have the ball hit the pitch? Otherwise you're just bowling slow full tosses.
He’s clearly been watching me bowl and stolen my technique!

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41847
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Post by happy tiger » Sun 06 Jan, 2019 5:33 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Sun 06 Jan, 2019 4:14 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sun 06 Jan, 2019 2:51 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Fri 04 Jan, 2019 2:11 pm
Labuschagne is so far proving to be the debacle it seemed on paper. 10 overs of expensive leg spin. So worth not picking a batsman.
Call me old fashioned, but to be considered an effective leggie, you need to actually have the ball hit the pitch? Otherwise you're just bowling slow full tosses.
He’s clearly been watching me bowl and stolen my technique!
Well he was using John Howards technique , but it wasn't working

Then again , little Johnny could reverse it without sandpaper

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41847
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Post by happy tiger » Sun 06 Jan, 2019 5:35 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Sun 06 Jan, 2019 3:13 pm
This is a huge innings coming up for Australia’s top 7 batsmen. There is nothing in this pitch to stop good batsmen surviving. With some grit and determination (and sensible shot selection) we should be able to bat out the remaining time.
:roll

These blokes could be given two innings from here to survive and wouldn't

India has them under the thumb physically and mentally and they know it

User avatar
Tiger Steve
Member
Member
Posts: 2265
Joined: Wed 29 Mar, 2017 5:30 pm
Location: Chatswood West

Post by Tiger Steve » Sun 06 Jan, 2019 5:38 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 06 Jan, 2019 5:35 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Sun 06 Jan, 2019 3:13 pm
This is a huge innings coming up for Australia’s top 7 batsmen. There is nothing in this pitch to stop good batsmen surviving. With some grit and determination (and sensible shot selection) we should be able to bat out the remaining time.
:roll

These blokes could be given two innings from here to survive and wouldn't

India has them under the thumb physically and mentally and they know it
Mate I’m not saying they will - I’m saying 7 international standard cricketers should be able to bat out 4 sessions on this pitch.

Personal opinion is they’ll be rolled by lunch!
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41847
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Post by happy tiger » Sun 06 Jan, 2019 5:44 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Sun 06 Jan, 2019 5:38 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 06 Jan, 2019 5:35 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Sun 06 Jan, 2019 3:13 pm
This is a huge innings coming up for Australia’s top 7 batsmen. There is nothing in this pitch to stop good batsmen surviving. With some grit and determination (and sensible shot selection) we should be able to bat out the remaining time.
:roll

These blokes could be given two innings from here to survive and wouldn't

India has them under the thumb physically and mentally and they know it
Mate I’m not saying they will - I’m saying 7 international standard cricketers should be able to bat out 4 sessions on this pitch.

Personal opinion is they’ll be rolled by lunch!
Totally agree , if we had a role reversal India would play out the draw

Sorry I thought you were showing some sarcasm , better get a calibration done on my meter 8-)

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 30080
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Tue 15 Jan, 2019 6:29 pm

Well Done Shaun Marsh very frustrating when he puts it together he is good to watch...alas doesn't happen often enough...

Defendable total...against class batsman...all may not be lost in a World Cup Year...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 30080
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Thu 17 Jan, 2019 9:38 pm

And the lights go out at the Gabba in the big bash how embarrassing ..strip the Day/Night Test from them now..them poor squirrels don't stand a chance to keep the electricity flowing for a Test..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

User avatar
Tiger Steve
Member
Member
Posts: 2265
Joined: Wed 29 Mar, 2017 5:30 pm
Location: Chatswood West

Post by Tiger Steve » Thu 17 Jan, 2019 9:44 pm

Queensland- beautiful one day, no electricity the next!
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

User avatar
sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 5711
Joined: Sun 23 Sep, 2012 2:06 pm

Post by sheer64 » Fri 18 Jan, 2019 1:19 am

QLD Powergrid.jpg
QLD Powergrid.jpg (67.5 KiB) Viewed 34 times
Geo. wrote:
Thu 17 Jan, 2019 9:38 pm
And the lights go out at the Gabba in the big bash how embarrassing ..strip the Day/Night Test from them now..them poor squirrels don't stand a chance to keep the electricity flowing for a Test..
Today we saw a true champion in Winx, and a true bludger in Cleary!

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41847
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Post by happy tiger » Fri 18 Jan, 2019 4:39 am

Geo. wrote:
Thu 17 Jan, 2019 9:38 pm
And the lights go out at the Gabba in the big bash how embarrassing ..strip the Day/Night Test from them now..them poor squirrels don't stand a chance to keep the electricity flowing for a Test..
Lol drove past the Gabba yesterday :lol:

Post Reply