2024 - Season Expectations / Hopes

It's a fun score line that I have been hoping to happen for quite a few seasons now.
As wests tigers haven't been going well for a while.
The score was constantly predicted to take our minds of the lack of finals achievements.

If is does ever occur, I'll probably pick another random result.
It’s like trying to win lotto TAH! 😂

I think my actual expectations are simple.

The club is investing in this group of kids. So I expect a bunch of them to be in position to step in & play as the year goes on with a look to them populating the 1st team when Luai joins.

Galvin & TDS are already part of the squad with TDS getting decent exposure last year.

Sam Fainu, Latu Fainu, Tony Sukkar, Kit Lualili'i, Josh Feledy, Heath Mason, Faataape & Jordan Miller are all in position to some degree to get on the field (some more than others) with Fa'agutu as well.

Couple that with Utoikamanu, Pole, Sione Fainu & Bula & we can see the 1st team squad potential starting to show itself.

There are more players to come through, obviously, but if Wests Tigers want to break the cycle of players more suited to lower positioned teams- it won't come through buying from other clubs. It'll come from this group becoming our team.

My expectation isn't being based off the position we come on the ladder but rather what is produced on field.

It has felt like every season we are switched off for 50% of it. We start to let games we should of won get away from us and get flogged by teams we beat earlier in the season. If the team can back up this Sharks game with multiple high intensity 80 minute performances this season then I think we will be looking good next.

How good is it?

We have been through some bad years, obviously.

But here we sit in 2024. And we are talking about how good Bula is, 1 year in.

How good Galvin looks, 2 games in.

How lucky we got with Fataape.

When we might see Latu Fainu, one of the hottest prospects in years.

How well Sam Fainu has taken to 1st grade.

How exciting a prospect Pole is.

What a great talent Da Silva is.

And we have potentially future conversations about Sione Fainu, Large, Makasini, Fa'agutu, Lualili'i & Sukkar.

And to top that off?

Luai is coming next year.

Whatever the results- what we need to see is these players emerging into our 1st grade squad.

And with Benji & Richo in charge, I'm moderately confident they can get this right.

Call me sentimental, but my only regret right now is that Tim Sheens finished up the way it did.

What a legacy it would have been had he been a part of this new wave coming through.

We’ve gone from 17th to 14th in bookmakers eyes in a fortnight. Interesting to see what a win this weekend would do. I thought getting out of the bottom four would be tough this year and our depth is still a concern, but the past fortnight we’ve defended more like a top eight side. Interesting month ahead, pray for good health and a Stefano origin berth 🙏

We’ve gone from 17th to 14th in bookmakers eyes in a fortnight. Interesting to see what a win this weekend would do. I thought getting out of the bottom four would be tough this year and our depth is still a concern, but the past fortnight we’ve defended more like a top eight side. Interesting month ahead, pray for good health and a Stefano origin berth 🙏
If the Knights can go on a run why can't we? It will be a real team effort and lucky with injuries obviously

Back