4 weeks for Sezers hip drop

NRLS MOST HATED šŸ”’

We need to embrace this.
Ala Detroit Pistons, bad boy era.

We need to play tough and let these other teams know that the NRL hates us and we hate them too.

That's the only way forward.
You play the Tigers, you're going to feel it till your next game.

What they going to do?
Suspend all our players.
Oh well.
100% with you Demps.

Klem and Seyfarth should be praised for being sent off.
If were not going to get a fair share from the Refs, lets play rough and be known for playing rough.

Definately have the right roster for it now.

NRLS MOST HATED šŸ”’

We need to embrace this.

We need to play tough and let these other teams know that the NRL hates us and we hate them too.

What they going to do?
Suspend all our players.
Oh well.
C'mon Demps. Our blokes would cuddle them to death!!

According to The Australian heā€™s being charged for dangerous contact NOT a hip drop

ā€œThe NRL insist Sezerā€™s charge is a grade three dangerous contact and not a hip drop.ā€
All hip drop charges are classed as dangerous contact. Look at Tago's charge, grade 2 dangerous contact

The best way to determine the accuracy of a WTā€™s grading is to ask yourself what Latrine would get for a similar tackle, then double it

NRLS MOST HATED šŸ”’

We need to embrace this.

What they going to do?
Suspend all our players.
Oh well.

Love this energy šŸ‹šŸ½ā€

NRLS MOST HATED šŸ”’

We need to embrace this.

What they going to do?
Suspend all our players.
Oh well.
The difference is the pistons were physical in a non contact game. Itā€™s a full contact game and we donā€™t havenā€™t canā€™t make other teams hurt.

Time for Latu and Galvin to show us what theyā€™re made off.

Think itā€™s not bad timing, Sezer looked to be struggling with the pace of the game last few rounds - not questioning his effort because he was having a crack especially defensively but I just think we need to see something abit different attack wise.
Yeah sezar should of got 2 weeks for that tackle but he was playing rubbish so not a bad result. Agree bring the young halves in. Not gor nothing to lose.

Prior offences adds to the length of the suspension but not the grading. For the life of me, I don't understand why Sezer's tackle wad a grade 3 and Tago, Plath and Galvin's a grade 2.
How the f@@k does Galvin get two weeks and taco gets one week??? Galvins player finishes the game tacos player out fir the season?!?
Typicalā€¦

I really, without glases or bias thought it was the lower end of the scale
I thought he might be able to get off cause live it looked like he tackled him from side on not from the back of his legs, I'm prob wrong though couldn't be bothered looking at the game again.

Hang on a minute.
Sezer got a 4 week suspension due to loading on previous indiscretions around a hip drop. So presumably the club took the early guilty plea on the initial ruling on the hip drop charge. NOW that the referees boss has ruled that it wasn't a hip drop, the charge and the length of the suspension MUST be revisited by the NRL or at the very least the Wests Tigers should be given a please explain and an option of fighting the farcical charge.
I will go back to the good Friday clash where Latrell Mitchell knocks out JAC as he is trying to score a try...I know what the more dangerous tackle is out of these two, not to mention Crichton coming in like a kamikaze pilot into exposed ribs of Sezer with two blokes already holding him up on Saturday.

Surely the club has to fight this. There was nothing to suggest that Curran was hampered in anyway from that tackle and it is not a hip drop so what is it - another discretionary ruling??

Why did Milne, a serial offender, get two weeks for directly attacking the legs of a player and Sezer gets fourr weeks for getting a tackle wrong.

That' dodgy. The NRL must explain the difference.

Last edited:
So what was he guilty of exactly? He didnā€™t flip Curran past the horizontal, didnā€™t put his body weight on weight on any part of his body. If anything he is guilty of a trip using his legs to lock him up, but fme all halves tackle like that on bigger guys.

EXPLAINER

Should have been binned: Bunker missed the dangerous contact element of Sezer's tackle​

Graham Annesley chats to the media during his Football Operations briefing following Round 9 of the NRL Telstra Premiership
"It was the locking of the leg"....

Back