Adam Doueihi #227

if he could tackle he could have played 13,
he would need to take a hell of a haircut from 600k down to minimum contract 200k would be all he is worth...
could see a gold coast taking a punt on him as a 6 or something
he is too slow for centre

he would need to take a hell of a haircut from 600k down to minimum contract 200k would be all he is worth...

JT, at least he won't have 2 pay management fees
seeing his doing his own negotiations. Bold move

When he comes back it will need to be at second row or lock.

He is not capable of playing in the backs anymore. Too slow, too tight.

He's big and is a decent runner of the football. If he can build himself into a damaging ball running backrower with ball skills then he might get another contract. He'll have to work his ass off though, he never had the work rate or desire to be a forward in the past. Now he's at the last chance saloon- will he do whatever it takes, or take the easy way out as he has in the past?

He should currently be offered a train and trial for next season. If we can offload another 5-6 players from our top 30 and he kills it in cup in the forwards then maybe he can snare a top30 spot but currently our top 30 has no space for him

Can only imagine how much he is looking forward to getting back on the park, To get match fitness into him and show our coaches what he has got to offer.
Pity it will be in our reserve grade team who are just flying along at the moment.
I hope he has a safe return to the field without any further injuries and his future will get sorted out one way or the other at the end of the season.
Good luck to him

When he comes back it will need to be at second row or lock.

He is not capable of playing in the backs anymore. Too slow, too tight.

He's big and is a decent runner of the football. If he can build himself into a damaging ball running backrower with ball skills then he might get another contract. He'll have to work his ass off though, he never had the work rate or desire to be a forward in the past. Now he's at the last chance saloon- will he do whatever it takes, or take the easy way out as he has in the past?

He should currently be offered a train and trial for next season. If we can offload another 5-6 players from our top 30 and he kills it in cup in the forwards then maybe he can snare a top30 spot but currently our top 30 has no space for him

I think he is a tremendous runner of the footy. Everytime he runs the ball he makes great yardage. There is just something about him that is hard to handle it seems. For that reason I agree with you that backrow is where he should play on return. I have no doubt at all he would be a real attacking threat on the right edge. Now, the big question is, will he step it up in defence? I know he can tackle, he just falls away in his commitment sometimes. There have been games where he goes in with a real aggressive attitude and his defence is strong. For some reason he can do this week in week out. If he is to have a future then he must find that mindset every week. Fainu on the left and Doueihi on the right could be a strong combo. It's all up to Adam to really man up though.

I think he is a tremendous runner of the footy. Everytime he runs the ball he makes great yardage. There is just something about him that is hard to handle it seems. For that reason I agree with you that backrow is where he should play on return. I have no doubt at all he would be a real attacking threat on the right edge. Now, the big question is, will he step it up in defence? I know he can tackle, he just falls away in his commitment sometimes. There have been games where he goes in with a real aggressive attitude and his defence is strong. For some reason he can do this week in week out. If he is to have a future then he must find that mindset every week. Fainu on the left and Doueihi on the right could be a strong combo. It's all up to Adam to really man up though.

Spoilt St Pats Alumni, Strathfield royalty. If he wants
to play football he'll have 2 accept some cold truths.
Like you said, he needs 2 step up, play his role there
is nothing wrong with that. He would make an ace 13

Got paid half a mill to wear tracksuits at home for
2 years. Clubs are after him, hope he stays loyal

He could be useful for the remainder of this season. As for the future that will largely depend on what he offers after his return from injury.

So we are 10 games into the season … and he is still 5 weeks away from playing reserve grade after a year long absence from a serious injury …

I think expectations should be very much kept in check this year … and then there is no contract for next year I understand … tough road ahead for him …
Even without the injury I have low expectations.

I actually think he is too slow to be a good 6 but quick enough to be a good centre. IMO its his acceleration that is slow, his top end speed is quick enough. At 6 he needs that acceleration to beat players on the outside and draw defenders in to create space for his outside backs. At centre he can wind up and hit the ball at speed and use his power to break tackles.
However, Terrible defender in either position.

Tommy Turbo, injured again last night.

It'd be awful to see AD come back and go down again too...

He's as big as Stefano.
He could be a beast if he defended like he did for the Cedars.

Good luck to him.
Like to see him come back & carve up.
Nah..hes about 15kgs lighter than Stef... Hes goearn his next contract,as hes demonstrated nothing since 2021

Latest posts

Members online

Back