Alcohol

Odessa

Just a general question I had 14 schooners at the local tonight in a 4 hour time frame someone told me that's alot my reply was I was just getting started I only stoped because I was going out for a late dinner what's the normal amount for people ?

P.S And I only had schooners because they don't sell pints

Just a general question I had 14 schooners at the local tonight in a 4 hour time frame someone told me that's alot my reply was I was just getting started I only stoped because I was going out for a late dinner what's the normal amount for people ?

you had 14 schooners & that was before dinner? 😂😂

Seems about right, well, depends how old you are. In my younger days it would be nothing to drink 2 slabs over a BBQ in 6-8hrs. In my 20s I'd down 6-8 pints a night after work at the pub in a few hours, go home and do it again the next day. In the 80s I got arrested in Spain for being publicly intoxicated after drinking 2 bottles of rum and 15 beers at a bar. Never paid the fine and skipped the country, not sure if I'm still wanted in Spain for an unpaid 10,000 peseta fine from 40 years ago :ROFLMAO:

Last time I drank (big one) was about a year ago and that was 5 beers and a few nips of rum and I was done for the night and felt it for a month afterwards. Drinking isn't an old mans game. I reckon once you hit 40 its over, the body cant process it like it used to.

14 schooners would be more than i have ever drank in a day,hope you are feeling fine tomorrow.Have a good weekend Odessa

Seems about right, well, depends how old you are. In my younger days it would be nothing to drink 2 slabs over a BBQ in 6-8hrs. In my 20s I'd down 6-8 pints a night after work at the pub in a few hours, go home and do it again the next day. In the 80s I got arrested in Spain for being publicly intoxicated after drinking 2 bottles of rum and 15 beers at a bar. Never paid the fine and skipped the country, not sure if I'm still wanted in Spain for an unpaid 10,000 peseta fine from 40 years ago :ROFLMAO:

Last time I drank (big one) was about a year ago and that was 5 beers and a few nips of rum and I was done for the night and felt it for a month afterwards. Drinking isn't an old mans game. I reckon once you hit 40 its over, the body cant process it like it used to.

You are right about the age factor,i used to be able to have a few beers and a couple of bottles of wine in a night with my meal.It would put me in hospital these days

You are right about the age factor,i used to be able to have a few beers and a couple of bottles of wine in a night with my meal.It would put me in hospital these days
Mate, About a year ago I was back in Australia and met up with a very close friend I hadn't seen for about 30 years. One of those mates I used to drink with in the 80s. We definitely aren't in our 20s anymore! :ROFLMAO: I had a few beers and a couple of nips of rum and reminisced the wild tales and BS we got up to as kids, Carried a headache for 5 days and I needed to apologise to my liver for about a month.

Well Odessa I work in the beverage catering industry and without sounding like the “ Fun Police”, the answer to your question is as follows:

A schooner of full strength beer is 1.6 standard drinks. An average sized male can consume to 2 standard drinks in the first hour and an additional 1 standard in each hour thereafter and can probably still legally drive a car or test under .05. (although I wouldn’t recommend it).
So after 14 schooners in 4 hrs (equating to over 22 standard drinks) you were probably around 4 times the legal limit for driving.
I’d say you were fairly intoxicated and am surprised that your local actually served you 14 schooners.

Yeah, that’s a fair bit man.
Over a 4hr session, that’s 1 every 17 minutes. If you count lost time for piss breaks and waiting to order, you are probably on pace for one every 15 minutes… that’s pretty piggsy.
How’d your dinner taste?

Reactions: BZN
The questions I gotta ask mate are how old are you? & is this a regular occurrence? If you’re over the age of 40 & this is something you’re doing regularly i’d seriously suggest going to the Dr & getting your liver checked & seriously consider you might have a problem with Alcohol.

It will kill me - indirectly - soon enough

I've seen a few of your posts Odessa relating to drinking

My life improved so much when I stopped drinking and other illegal shit about 22 years back... Not saying you have to do this or you are in the same position I was, but yeah maybe a liver function blood test just to be safe... See where your at

14 schooners is a lot and not really social drinking

My cancer now is linked to my prior lifestyle it will get me eventually... but clean sober for 20 yrs has extended my life.. I'd be long dead if I didn't give it away when. I did...

The fact you're posting this tells me your concerned, good to talk about it and ask questions
Feel free to PM me if you'd like mate

It will kill me - indirectly - soon enough

I've seen a few of your posts Odessa relating to drinking

My life improved so much when I stopped drinking and other illegal shit about 22 years back... Not saying you have to do this or you are in the same position I was, but yeah maybe a liver function blood test just to be safe... See where your at

14 schooners is a lot and not really social drinking

My cancer now is linked to my prior lifestyle it will get me eventually... but clean sober for 20 yrs has extended my life.. I'd be long dead if I didn't give it away when. I did...

The fact you're posting this tells me your concerned, good to talk about it and ask questions
Feel free to PM me if you'd like mate
Its not the years, it’s the mileage.

Shoossh, I don't like beer.

Really like fireball whiskey with my coke,

When my vendors are paying, its Red wine or espresso Martini's...

Definitely an age thing unless you are a full blown alcoholic,as you age you become less social with you friends as we tend to drop out of active sport which used to bind us in tight group never ending binging

I've recently realised I am a binge drinker and it's absolutely related to stress. It got much worse 2019-2022, but I got back on track last year, drinking less in a sitting, having at least 3 days alcohol free. I feel I'm doing OK, but it doesn't take long to blow out again. Like this last week ... Monday, I hit a roo and almost wrote off Husband's spare work ute. Then I drove off in another spare car, with his phone on the roof 🤦🏻‍♀️ he found it, undamaged 🥰 Then he destroyed 2 wheels and tyres on the car trailer towing the ute home. Then my uncle passed away. Friday, I met up with former forummer, Brisvegas Tiger, and had a bottle of wine. Got a phone call from my BIL telling me that a really good mate, who'd been a coma since December, had passed away. So, I drank the whole of that first bottle, and then had another. To myself. Stress takes away my ability to stop - drinking, eating, whatever - and that's what I'm trying to work on now. Managing my stress so that I don't lose control and drink it away.

I've recently realised I am a binge drinker and it's absolutely related to stress. It got much worse 2019-2022, but I got back on track last year, drinking less in a sitting, having at least 3 days alcohol free. I feel I'm doing OK, but it doesn't take long to blow out again. Like this last week ... Monday, I hit a roo and almost wrote off Husband's spare work ute. Then I drove off in another spare car, with his phone on the roof 🤦🏻‍♀️ he found it, undamaged 🥰 Then he destroyed 2 wheels and tyres on the car trailer towing the ute home. Then my uncle passed away. Friday, I met up with former forummer, Brisvegas Tiger, and had a bottle of wine. Got a phone call from my BIL telling me that a really good mate, who'd been a coma since December, had passed away. So, I drank the whole of that first bottle, and then had another. To myself. Stress takes away my ability to stop - drinking, eating, whatever - and that's what I'm trying to work on now. Managing my stress so that I don't lose control and drink it away.

Hang in there Suzie-Q,stress is a terrible thing to deal with

Champion @Suzie-Q,
You are so courageous to open up here.
Drinking is different for everyone, but the sad bottom line is that there's often a "line" that shouldn't be crossed, but is.
And that "line" is for all of us to work out.
And deal with.
Just like you.
Did I say how courageous you are? ;)

Latest posts

Back