Alex Seyfarth #232

Oh so I’ve got of all wrong and you acknowledge Seyfarth does at times run the ball strongly and add value to the team ?
If that’s the case what are you whinging about ?
I remember having this same type of argument about why Galvin was advanced enough to handle NRL without having previously played against men.
Those I argued with have since gone very quiet,
On Seyfarth, I always said he tries hard, but he never bends the line. Hence, he is ineffective in my estimation. I even said he came on and had some energetic defensive games off the bench. It's YOU that made the runs hard argument. Yes he runs hard, but he gets monstered.

On Galvin, I have come out and said I was wrong and I'm a believer. He is the child Prince of Concord. Do you actually research anything I say or go on your feelings?

I have no issue changing my stance when new facts are presented. You seem to struggle with that.

Seyfarth tries hard.
Seyfarth runs hard.
Seyfarth has the body of an Ethiopian marathon runner.
Seyfarth has the brain of a scarecrow.
Seyfarth has the strength of a stick insect.
Seyfarth has the co-ordination of a baby giraffe.
All that and he’s still not the worst on the roster.
I’m looking at you simplekin, and ya mate assyou.

People are asking is Seyfarth a lock?

Were facing the wrong question... Ask, why is our team so soft that no player has really put their hand up for lock (including Seyfarth)?

Api is by far our best performer. If no one else is standing up, move Api to lock and Da Silva to 9. Okay this is mainly to piss off our front row so they would hopefully fire up and claim their spots.

His try had nothing to do with running hard.
He and Papali’i ran great lines whilst others were also running angles inside and out, which kept the Warriors guessing who Api would feed the ball to. That try was a team effort.

Amazing what can happen when a few guys put some effort in off the ball and we actually put some shape on to make our opponents D have to think!!! It’s the main problem with our attack.

Amazing what can happen when a few guys put some effort in off the ball and we actually put some shape on to make our opponents D have to think!!! It’s the main problem with our attack.
It was a try you very rarely see from this club. You are right, replicate that more and the wins will follow.

Seyfarth tries hard.
Seyfarth runs hard.
Facts Todd

Seyfarth tries hard.
Seyfarth runs hard.
I think that is being a little harsh.

I ageee he is not a one off metre eater, he probably lacks the physical presence and footwork but the question remains as to whether he is used properly is up for debate.
I think as ball distributer who cleans up the ruck and straightens out attack, he is adequate

Last edited:
Reactions: BZN
Squad or team?

As in 1-17 or 18-30?
Mate I have all the respect in the world for any player that makes it into the NRL arena,either in a squad or top 17...
Seyfarth has lots of critics,the same ones that probably wear slip on shoes because they cant tie bootlaces..
Alex may not be the champion that everybody expects but you cant knock him for not being brilliant while he at least trys his best...once again he has been good enough to make it in the NRL...

Mate I have all the respect in the world for any player that makes it into the NRL arena,either in a squad or top 17...
Seyfarth has lots of critics,the same ones that probably wear slip on shoes because they cant tie bootlaces..
Alex may not be the champion that everybody expects but you cant knock him for not being brilliant while he at least trys his best...once again he has been good enough to make it in the NRL...
Yep... participation award for everyone society at it again.

Yep... participation award for everyone society at it again.
Have you been given a participation award for playing in the toughest comp in the world,the NRL that is...?
Do you know how hard it is just to get a trial and then work your butt off to make something of that opportunity ?
At least Alex has and has played against some very good players...
He isnt a world beater,he has critics just like everyone else,BUT he has been picked in a squad that represents the WTs and with that he has my respect....

Have you been given a participation award for playing in the toughest comp in the world,the NRL that is...?
Do you know how hard it is just to get a trial and then work your butt off to make something of that opportunity ?
At least Alex has and has played against some very good players...
He isnt a world beater,he has critics just like everyone else,BUT he has been picked in a squad that represents the WTs and with that he has my respect....
Some strange logic here. Cannot criticise a persons performance unless I have followed the exact path.

Do you apply that consistently to the rest of your life?

Not only is our team inexperienced but our depth is poor - with a lot of other inexperienced players.
We can only select who's available and Alex is one of our more qualified players (not sure what word to use).

Don't wish to take the thread off topic but while I didn't have too much of an issue with the Joffa release, due to his contract value, now see that investing into up-and-comers only isn't good either because it comes at the cost of the squad's balance/experience/depth.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Back