Alex Twal

king_sirro

Surely we acknowledge he is no plodder now?

I've been saying for a long time he has good speed for a forward, and now he has learnt to get in between defenders he is super effective. Runs a good hole and has some footwork. It actually wouldn't surprise me if he did well on and edge if the coaches felt we need to try him there to stiffen up our defence on one side. He may just improve our attack there to. Not saying we should move him there, but if we sign Willison, it's worth training Twal on and edge as well as the middle in the off season to see how he looks.

I've been saying for a long time he has good speed for a forward, and now he has learnt to get in between defenders he is super effective. Runs a good hole and has some footwork. It actually wouldn't surprise me if he did well on and edge if the coaches felt we need to try him there to stiffen up our defence on one side. He may just improve our attack there to. Not saying we should move him there, but if we sign Willison, it's worth training Twal on and edge as well as the middle in the off season to see how he looks.
I loved that try he scored. Made it look so easy.

Looked good last night. I thought he was our best forward. Still gets the ball far too often for a settler in the opponents 20 metre zone (among some other props) though. Should work further on his offloading game in the off season, as he always has his arms free and that second phase play will be crucial if we get some speed/acceleration in Sullivan/Fainu to go with Bula.

Looked good last night. I thought he was our best forward. Still gets the ball far too often for a settler in the opponents 20 metre zone (among some other props) though. Should work further on his offloading game in the off season, as he always has his arms free and that second phase play will be crucial if we get some speed/acceleration in Sullivan/Fainu to go with Bula.

I think he has easily been our best forward all year. Very happy for him. I also agree he gets it as a settler in the opposition 20 too often.

He has a great combo with Api but that falls down when attacking the try line for some reason.

What I like about Twaly is the way he finishes the season strongly. In 21 we get flogged by wooden spooners Bulldogs 38-0, while others may have been 80 min away from a Bali holiday, he went about his business chalking up 60 tackles.

That’s 60 tackles, without a missed tackle!

Last edited:
Very under rated.
We are a much worse team without him that’s for certain.
He’s one of our few players that would make the top 17 at any for any NRL team.

He certainly was one of our better players last night in a team that once again underperformed

He is no way close to the Tigers worst player… but he is average at best …

Love it if our squad was talented enough so he was a depth player only (..which would be the case at most other clubs…) and not in the 17 every week…

He seems to struggle coming back from injury, and I think some "judges" struggle to look past that since they have never been wrong about anything. Always looks good after a few weeks to get going and one of the few existing players to improve this year.

No coincidence that we started our come back with Twal & Blore on last night. They bring impact & energy off the bench. Maybe we need to promote one of them to starting prop?

He is a decent player but I think we have a bunch of middle forwards and they have to work out who we keep. I don't want to see him transition to an edge because I don't think that is his role.

twal,seyfarth and blore have all been great off the bench in the last few months
twal though been finding gaps all year with his running game

Back