At which point of the season..

I think a lot of people confuse hope with expectation.
Benji's first mistake was hiring assistants who had about as much experience at coaching as he did. I hope it works, but I expect it will take a lot of time.
We probably have the weakest bench in the NRL.
Our good players are going off the boil, they don't break tackles like they did in the first few games. I don't like to single out players individually but we really need some grunt in the middle to replace the likes of Twal, Bateman and Seyfarth.
Players like Olam, Bula, Galvin, Utoikamanu have gone soft since the first few rounds.

the club has a long culture of accepting losing … is Benji the man to change this ? Not if you are the guy overseeing more years of losing

will Benji's coaching come under the microscope? Perhaps even starting this thread may be seen as a symptom of future malcontent. However I am hoping we don't pull the trigger (as we've done previously), and understand that this is a long term work in progress.
Unlike previous years, we are at least starting to resemble a club with intent to have strong building blocks more so than the temporary bridging approach used in the past.
Will we. the fans, have the patience to wait?
The end of 26 is only fair he is starting below zero 6 - 8 wins this year for him would be on the same level as Brisbane winning the comp very successful year 5 wins say making the top 6

The post I replied to was talking about club culture and the acceptance of losing (and any other stuff the club does badly).

Richo’s has a role in this too …but he is also juggling other issues mainly off the field …he will be judged at the end of his four years and he won’t be just measured on the wins/ losses and premierships

Benji on the other hand will be …

Back