Backrow needs fixing

ancient_magpie

If Bateman is out i would move Seyfarth to lock and Pole to backrow..Poles defrnce at lock is dodgy might be the same in the backrow but his hard running out wide is what we need.On the other dide i would have had Sam but he is out unfortinately.Ice stays but looks like hes not fit enough for 80 minutes.Hopefully Samand his brother will be back for the penrith game his prop size brother i mean looks like Latu is out for guite a while.

We've got next to no depth in the back row, so AJ will be next up unfortunately. Sa Fainu would be an option but he's probably out too.

Blore would be handy about now.

Seyfarth at least defends with energy, I think he can do a job filling in as an edge back rower and can hopefully redeem himself after his poor game in the trial against the Dragons.
I think most would agree that Kepaoa at least adds a little bit of attacking threat when playing as an edge back rower, it’s his poor defensive reads and poor ball handling that lets him down.
He hasn’t had a chance playing alongside Olam who adds defensive steel on the left edge,
I’d try Seyfarth and Kepaoa as our starting edge back rowers and start Papali’i at 13 where his physical presence will come in handy.

Who would you rather have in the backrow Pole or flippers
I would rather have a pole cemented in the ground than that blind, flipper handed speed hump. So yeah pole, sayfart, or even new bloke? Has Sukkar been having a go in reggies? Faugartu? Anyone who has hands and eyes. A withes hat?

Seyfarth at least defends with energy, I think he can do a job filling in as an edge back rower and can hopefully redeem himself after his poor game in the trial against the Dragons.
I think most would agree that Kepaoa at least adds a little bit of attacking threat when playing as an edge back rower, it’s his poor defensive reads and poor ball handling that lets him down.
He hasn’t had a chance playing alongside Olam who adds defensive steel on the left edge,
I’d try Seyfarth and Kepaoa as our starting edge back rowers and start Papali’i at 13 where his physical presence will come in handy.
We’d be going from 2 X international 2nd rowers to 2 X statecup 2nd rowers

We've got next to no depth in the back row, so AJ will be next up unfortunately. Sa Fainu would be an option but he's probably out too.

Blore would be handy about now.
Yep, without Olam we would likely be facing 1 win from 4 games... (maybe we even loose to the Sharks). So yea Blore would be really handy in making a nice strong run and a few good performances.

Cmon, two positions change from last year. Halves and Center's. ROLL with the change and enjoy that we are 8th on the table. Did that come with a cost? yea, A cost I am fully glad to bare as a Tigers fan.

Thank you melbourne so much for Offloading Olam.

Bateman doesn’t play like an international, more like Ron Massey Cup
standard.
Papali’i is always tired, I think his edge back rower days are almost past him.
Look, Bateman is a good player in a good pack.

He does ok in our side and would do better in say the Cowboys side or maybe Canberra again.

Papalii though. Yea he seems really gassed a lot.... Honestly Papalii can clearly rip in but the motivation isn't working.

Both Bateman and Papalii play their best footy with strong players around them.

We have a good pack now and a pack that doesn't rely on one individual (i.e. Matterson or Tamou, which is a mistake). We still need to upgrade what we have with a prime front rower, in order to see the other first rowers improve.

I would rather have a pole cemented in the ground than that blind, flipper handed speed hump. So yeah pole, sayfart, or even new bloke? Has Sukkar been having a go in reggies? Faugartu? Anyone who has hands and eyes. A withes hat?
They have played Sukkar in the centres, second row and front row. He is more of a strong edge runner and has some speed but it seems they just don’t know how to best utilise him yet in that position. I think he needs to demand the ball more when in his side. He is Solid in defence and puts in big minutes and gets all the important things right to help the team. He also has a low error rate every game which is why I would assume he is backing up each week. One to definitely keep an eye on. I also think Naden should be playing first grade and number 14 off the bench. He is a weapon and brings that tempo each week.

They have played Sukkar in the centres, second row and front row. He is more of a strong edge runner and has some speed but it seems they just don’t know how to best utilise him yet in that position. I think he needs to demand the ball more when in his side. He is Solid in defence and puts in big minutes and gets all the important things right to help the team. He also has a low error rate every game which is why I would assume he is backing up each week. One to definitely keep an eye on. I also think Naden should be playing first grade and number 14 off the bench. He is a weapon and brings that tempo each week.
No doubt he has some ability and is still very young for a forward, so should only keep improving.
He ran the ball strongly playing as a prop today and held his own against big Nelson.
Being such a big body certainly helps and I think his ball running is very good for someone his age, but I do think he needs to be a bit more aggressive and use his size better defensively.
In saying all this I do feel sorry for our edge players in particular playing NSW Cup as the service to them so far this season has generally been atrocious, not giving them much opportunity to shine.

Back