Benji Marshall #70

And when Gould talks disparagingly about rugby league "talking rubbish like this, probably because it's ignorant and doesn't know any better" we know who he's talking about .
Look phil Gould is... Well the best moment of League was state of origin with members of the crowd waving a banner "SHUT UP GUS!"

But on this he has a point. Marshall has no "junior grade" coaching experience. Heck he wasn't even captain many times with our squad and rightly so.

It's going to be a big ask of Marshall to find what kind of coach he is, work out his weaknesses and what he and the team need to improve on. That's a tough one to figure out, particularly in a rookie side with a stack of flaws.

Look phil Gould is... Well the best moment of League was state of origin with members of the crowd waving a banner "SHUT UP GUS!"

But on this he has a point. Marshall has no "junior grade" coaching experience. Heck he wasn't even captain many times with our squad and rightly so.

It's going to be a big ask of Marshall to find what kind of coach he is, work out his weaknesses and what he and the team need to improve on. That's a tough one to figure out, particularly in a rookie side with a stack of flaws.
I have a feeling that Wayne and Benji talk often. Probably not this week though...

Bennett rates Benji highly, and to have a coaching mentor like that is huge.

I would say a lot of our defence can be attributed to him and the addition of Olam and Sezer,all 3 have proven in the past that they know how to hold a defensive pattern
I was so glad to hear we had got Morris back from South’s , not sure what his role was in defence at South’s but compare the F&A of South’s and us since he left them to join us….. coincidence ?//

So you are suggesting he would have been better to say "no comment"?

Or put a premature end to the press conference?

Context is everything and the question demanded an answer at the time.

It probably demanded an answer as hed allowed it to get w=away from him, needs to be shut down immediately
Theres other ways of doing it and him having worked with sheens and bennett for years, he'd know all about that
I think it got to him as it was personal
When things are going bad for us and the ''journos'' are laying the slipper in, any bite back is exactly what they want

I dont care who called the press regardless....it reminded me of Hagi even if he has a paid gig...Benji needs to learn to zip it when they come after him because its more than likely odds on it will occur againt at some stage this year
Hopefully it doesnt ...means were travelling well
I couldn't have been more impressed with Benji with the way he handled the questions.
He was confident and wasn't afraid to say it as he sees it.
So, it's a 🔟 from me and a 🔟 from ➡️him :p.

Had this pop up on my YT feed today:
Forget about Benji for a sec - how good was Scott's kicking game! That is literally what we've been missing. Aidan has shown so far that he understands how to gain metres and dictate the game off his boot.

I was wrong. I thought Benji would be another disaster. I wanted Flanno, and I still think he would have been good.

I love how Benji has made it a pleasure for the guys to go to work.
Me too...thought Benji wld be a disaster conjured over a boozy lunch with zero credentials.
Always wanted Flanno...a proven coachwith a focus on fitmess and discipline..and .whats a few peptides between friends in the distant past..?
But so far Benji has been a revelation...its very early days,and tbh met a luckless Sharks... and Eels without their key playmaker and goalkicker
But weve been on the opposite side of lady luck for so long,we deserve a break
Question to be answered soon..does Benji need Bennett as a mentor at WTs for a cool mill/year?
Can answer that in a month or so..

More importantly I hope he got a game of golf in today 😊🙏

Question to be answered soon..does Benji need Bennett as a mentor at WTs for a cool mill/year?
Can answer that in a month or so..
I have a feeling that Benji is in very close contact with Wayne, and he sees him as a mentor. I doubt Wayne will come to us in an administrative role next year, but I can see him being hired as a strategy coach. Which he could easily do from QLD via Teams or Zoom, and fly down once a month for a home game and assist with our game plan for the Broncos, Dolphins, and Titans.

He won't be getting paid 7 figures. Maybe Pascoe would have paid that,... but I doubt Richo would let that happen.

Latest posts

Members online

Back