Benji Marshall #70

Its not just Api. Two games we have played short and today the 4th bloke got 14 mins. It needs to be better, though i guess depth is the problem.
Not really many teams don't use their 4th reserve much. Laurie hardly gets on for Panthers either and especially so when you have other injuries to deal with which messes with the forward rotations as we have had

Not really many teams don't use their 4th reserve much. Laurie hardly gets on for Panthers either and especially so when you have other injuries to deal with which messes with the forward rotations as we have had
Yeah, I think being the Spooners, we need all hands on deck.

I was wrong. I thought Benji would be another disaster. I wanted Flanno, and I still think he would have been good.

I love how Benji has made it a pleasure for the guys to go to work.
100% on this.

Flanno was available and we went Sheenius.
Infact Flanno was available and put up his hand, we went to Gardiner as the assistant coach.

Sheens clearly had no idea at all.

Looking at St George, NOTHING has improved for their side. They signed Luc, but that's not a great signing.

As well as Benji has done. I am very surprised by Flanno's effort and clearly he was the coach we should have signed when the opportunities presented themselves. Flanno has outclassed Haslier, whatever his personal issues Flanno clearly knows how to coach.

100% on this.

Flanno was available and we went Sheenius.
Infact Flanno was available and put up his hand, we went to Gardiner as the assistant coach.

Sheens clearly had no idea at all.

Looking at St George, NOTHING has improved for their side. They signed Luc, but that's not a great signing.

As well as Benji has done. I am very surprised by Flanno's effort and clearly he was the coach we should have signed when the opportunities presented themselves. Flanno has outclassed Haslier, whatever his personal issues Flanno clearly knows how to coach.
Agree though with the muppets on the old board things probarbly would have ended the same as they did with Maguire.

Agree though with the muppets on the old board things probarbly would have ended the same as they did with Maguire.
People have to remember that this is Benjis first fulltime coaching ROOKIE year...He is learning just as the youth of the team are learning..No one can bag him for not trying,he gives everyone a chance to perform,he also has the team behind him and there isnt any angst as in years gone by...we all need to stay on the same page and let things work out whichever way they do..
We have been with this club and team from the start and have given many opportunities to many people,even the bad choices that have been made over the years seem distant now with a new board,coach,Ceo and some talented youth and hard liners...Im giving them all the chance to shine,it doesnt matter how many wins or losses we have,whinging and bitching isnt going to make their jobs easier..
Lets give them the chance to find the winning combinations we need...

one issue I see being crucial to future success is push on the football effort
Really noticed when eisenhuth went to panthers they get an offload and everyone pushes on the ball in support where he didn’t
Then in the Melbourne game this weekend Blore played the ball and papenhousen was probing Blore was motionless standing and watching on his heels and didn’t look interested
I know he just played the ball but it’s stood out to me and reflective of the system he’s been in imo
How often does api probe with no support
If there was more push on the football it also puts more pressure on the defence

Really noticed when eisenhuth went to panthers they get an offload and everyone pushes on the ball in support where he didn’t
Then in the Melbourne game this weekend Blore played the ball and papenhousen was probing Blore was motionless standing and watching on his heels and didn’t look interested
I know he just played the ball but it’s stood out to me and reflective of the system he’s been in imo
If there was more push on the football it also puts more pressure on the defence
And Ice comes here and turns into a pillow

Speaking of which, I wonder if he’s going to reassess his options at the end of the season like he said he was going to…..Even though he is under contract.

Yeah i noticed too...thought the same thing, Bellamy will knock that outta him quick smart or he'll be meeting the reggies coach

People have to remember that this is Benjis first fulltime coaching ROOKIE year...He is learning just as the youth of the team are learning..No one can bag him for not trying,he gives everyone a chance to perform,he also has the team behind him and there isnt any angst as in years gone by...we all need to stay on the same page and let things work out whichever way they do..
We have been with this club and team from the start and have given many opportunities to many people,even the bad choices that have been made over the years seem distant now with a new board,coach,Ceo and some talented youth and hard liners...Im giving them all the chance to shine,it doesnt matter how many wins or losses we have,whinging and bitching isnt going to make their jobs easier..
Lets give them the chance to find the winning combinations we need...
I wasnt talking about Benji, I was talking about the club hiring Flannaghan instead of Sheens

Latest posts

Back