Berlin

hammertime

Another terrorist attack it seems…. we just left Frankfurt a few days ago and it makes me angry that they've targeted such joyous festivities. The Xmas markets are beautiful.

my wife was in tears thinking it could have been our baby boy who was walking through these markets with us.

Past Liberal policies are really coming to fruition now. In France, in Germany...there are army blokes with massive guns on the streets in Italy too.

Thoughts are with the victims. Xmas has been turned on it's head for a lot of people.

Europe has only got it self to blame, they have turned Christian countries into Muslim ghettoes. and unless our government wake up and stop it happening here we will see more and more of this on are own streets.

Isn't it Christian to open your door to those that need help? I'm sure there are far more appreciative and thankful Muslims than there are terrorists.

Remember the ones fleeing are being killed by those commuting the terrorists attacks in their homeland.

Religion is a front for these horrible people they are after the same thing as all despots money and power. They just use religion as amens to con the poor and desperate to commit their vile acts.

No different to what the USA do when they need to recruit soldiers, they go to areas where there is large numbers of unemployed and desperate people and tell them that America needs them.

My heart and prays go out to the families of those that lost loved ones, especially at this time of the year.

@Tiger Come Lately said:
Isn't it Christian to open your door to those that need help? I'm sure there are far more appreciative and thankful Muslims than there are terrorists.

Remember the ones fleeing are being killed by those commuting the terrorists attacks in their homeland.

Religion is a front for these horrible people they are after the same thing as all despots money and power. They just use religion as amens to con the poor and desperate to commit their vile acts.

No different to what the USA do when they need to recruit soldiers, they go to areas where there is large numbers of unemployed and desperate people and tell them that America needs them.

My heart and prays go out to the families of those that lost loved ones, especially at this time of the year.

I don't doubt that what u say about helping people but lets face the facts muslims no matter wether they are good or bad don't want to simulate into another country they bring there problems with them. and I hate to say this but bleeding hearts will only get my kids and my grandkids killed in years to come. its time to drag out the old saying charity starts at home, look after ur own 1st. we have thousand's of people here who live on the streets and pensioners who eat dog food to survive how about we help them 1st.

@bp tiger said:
@Tiger Come Lately said:

I don't doubt that what u say about helping people but lets face the facts muslims no matter wether they are good or bad don't want to simulate into another country they bring there problems with them. and I hate to say this but bleeding hearts will only get my kids and my grandkids killed in years to come. its time to drag out the old saying charity starts at home, look after ur own 1st. we have thousand's of people here who live on the streets and pensioners who eat dog food to survive how about we help them 1st.

No doubt charity starts at home. But you can't put a redline through a group of people because of the acts of a few. Have you seen what is happening in Alepo? I have many friends and now even family who are Muslim and they hate terrorists acts as much as we do. They have assimilated and love Australia as much as we do.

My children are the apple of my eye and I wouldnt want a hair on their heads harmed but I certainly don't want them growing up and hating a person because of their faith. I want them to decide not like a person because of their actions.

Come on man, Have you purchased dog food lately it's more expensive that human food, most of those living on the streets in our country are those poor people suffering from mental health or addiction issues. Not because their house was blown up by some despot.

I'm not looking for an argument and im not a tree hugger, lefty. You show me a terrorist and I'll happily watch him get punished, but I won't punish an innocent man just cause he is of the same religion.

You are entitled to think an act as you wish, the above is just my thoughts. I think we need to start pointing the finger at the real problem rather than kid ourselves and say it's those that believe in something different to us. Cause they just want to live their lives as well, watch their children grow up and so on.

Well ISIS have claimed responsibility but unfortunately these religious cults if you would prefer to call them that are always going to rear their ugly head. I don't have a solution to the problem, not one that would ever see the light of day. I think European countries just need to protect themselves as best they can for when the occasional bad apple hits the ground and decides to run amok and claiming the west is poison whilst doing so.

It is time that we begin addressing terrorism on an educated and factual level. We cannot allow the disparity in media coverage to blind us from the facts and turn us into hateful or xenophobic people.

One thing I'm certain about in all of this, its not the religion that creates terrorists, its the politics and we need to look at ways to stop the people becoming radicalised.

Are we the problem? Did we create the segregation for these radicals to give them the platform to build and create havoc?

We are probably not going to like some of the outcomes, but I'm certain we need to have the debate!

@Tiger Watto said:
It is time that we begin addressing terrorism on an educated and factual level. We cannot allow the disparity in media coverage to blind us from the facts and turn us into hateful or xenophobic people.

One thing I'm certain about in all of this, its not the religion that creates terrorists, its the politics and we need to look at ways to stop the people becoming radicalised.

**Are we the problem?** Did we create the segregation for these radicals to give them the platform to build and create havoc?

We are probably not going to like some of the outcomes, but I'm certain we need to have the debate!

I think we are to an extent. Look no further than social media. People spew their hatred and it proves a lot of them aren't even properly educated about what they hate. There was a fake news story a few weeks ago about Sharia Law being banned in South Australia. People legitimately thought it meant that SA were banning the burqa. It was dumb on so many levels.

@Tiger Watto said:

Are we the problem? Did we create the segregation for these radicals to give them the platform to build and create havoc?

Now there is a logical argument, we have too take our blinkers off and look at the broader issue.

The west and russia played chess over the middle east for years chasing oil or whatever. We took sides, we armed those that we supported and created mayhem when it suited and when it all fell over we left the weapons there and nicked off.

With no infrastructure and government, the ordinary people were easy pray for greedy war mungers and despot leaders. When people are naive, desperate and hungry history shows they will follow an Alpha who promises them salvation, Hitler promised his people and they acted on his word. Napoleon promised his people and they acted on his word, The sultans promised their people and they acted on his word, the crusaders, the witch hunts, the romans, the greeks, the Egyptians, the, the, the, the

Look at the US today Trump promised and he got elected - I'm not saying he is a despot I'm just saying he spoke to the people and they responded.

I am not condoning the acts of these lowlifes. I am saying people pray on people and often it is those they now or are around them.

Some of our poor, isolated, neglected, desperate and naive turn to crime, they rob, they harm, deal drugs, if these guys were surrounded by other poor people with nothing to rob or steal or deal what would they do? They would do what some alpha tells them to do.

I believe that no human bought up in a loving caring family circle, in a peaceful country like ours would want to grow up to be criminal or worse a terrorist. But when left isolated or lead down the wrong path they do become such things.

Look at us, we as WT supporters are desperate for a solid season and we hammer each other with our posts, some get really peeved with each other.

Sorry ill get off my soap box, but its sad when our first reactions is fear and hatred rather than understanding and compassion (not towards terrorist - but towards innocent muslim people). I would hope that if the tables had ever turned and our great country was ever in strife that one of our neighbouring countries would open their doors and let my family in. Maybe Malaysia or Singapore or Indonesia.

This will be the beginning of the end of Angela Merkel and her Left wing policies.

Pretty simple, stop going to war in the Middle East.

For those radicals of all faiths, life in jail and/or the death penalty shall be suffice.

@ALX22 said:

For those radicals of all faiths, life in jail and/or the death penalty shall be suffice.

Yes, all those Mormon, Catholic, C of E, Uniting etc radicals had better watch out. And oh yes, those poor misunderstood radical islamists as well.

@magpiecol said:
@ALX22 said:

Yes, all those Mormon, Catholic, C of E, Uniting etc radicals had better watch out. And oh yes, those poor misunderstood radical islamists as well.

I really don't care for the religious arguments that affect our day to day lives…..however I will say one thing...I have yet to understand any religion that glorifies the deaths of innocent men,women and children in the name of a god or prophet..to me that undermines the existence of the human race,me being a Catholic was always taught peace,love and understanding,some religions seem to have double standards,such as Islam where you will get rewarded with fifty virgins ...biggest brainwash BS that I have ever heard..the sooner these people are sent back to their own countries then the better off the rest of us will be..albeit some of them aren't like the rest,they just want to have a peaceful loving existence like the rest of us..

Enjoyed an afternoon on the beach with an Iranian muslim and families this afternoon. That was in stark contrast to a Norwegian man that I met in a restaurant last night, who upon learning that I came from Australia started lauding our current government policies then carrying on with white supremacy crap, before I told him how much I enjoyed living a street of twelve houses with people from eleven nations and various religions.

Naturally, I then informed him that I was aware that one of his supremacist buddies had carried out the most deadly terrorist attack in his country. Others from the region were shaking their heads as he spoke and later I enjoyed a chat with some of them.

Don't let a few bad eggs from any race or religion taint a reasonable view of all persons

@magpiecol said:
@ALX22 said:

You do realise that there are bad eggs in all faiths right???

The righteous arguement to say that we can't block a religion because of a few bad eggs is an easy one to make. It's the moral high ground, so you can't be easily shouted down. And while it doesn't effect you, you'll be fine with the policy. I would love to see if a relative of those poor souls in Berlin agree with you right now.

But really, the issue is more broad and it's around populating a country with a religion that can conflict with democracy. It's not just the actual killings, it's the segregation, amount of foiled plots, women's rights, abuses of legal authority.

Yes, again, you'll use the arguement that this can exist in various forms from person to person, but I only see one group using religion as the rationale.

Everyone knows really good people with Muslim faith. The issue is not with those solid Aussies, but we certainly should not continue import a faith that is counteractive to our culture remaining cohesive. What do we owe others? Are we putting the needs of others above the needs of our own?

Would our ancestors have immigrated Germans or Japanese during WW2? Just because you can pinpoint the war, doesn't mean it should be any different. The western world is at war with the radical Muslim one and if religion is the defining characteristic and not a countries borders, why is it such a leap to restrict on those grounds.

If we continue on this righteous path, we are kicking the can down the road for our children to deal with a continually devided and antagonised community. Since sept 11th, there has been over a decade of trying the leftist way…trying with the best of efforts.

It's not working.

@ALX22 said:
@magpiecol said:
@ALX22 said:

You do realise that there are bad eggs in all faiths right???

Col just threw out a carton of eggs , he couldn't tell the good ones from the bad ones

There is no easy answer to the middle east problem or terrorism as a whole

9/11 took care of that

To find out that an awards ceremony I was at in Malaysia was a possible target for Jemaah Islamiyah terrorism act just does my head in

How do you deal with people who devalue their own lives and see themselves as holy warriors before even thinking about another's life

And this goes for all religions

@hammertime said:
The righteous arguement to say that we can't block a religion because of a few bad eggs is an easy one to make. It's the moral high ground, so you can't be easily shouted down. And while it doesn't effect you, you'll be fine with the policy. I would love to see if a relative of those poor souls in Berlin agree with you right now.

But really, the issue is more broad and it's around populating a country with a religion that can conflict with democracy. It's not just the actual killings, it's the segregation, amount of foiled plots, women's rights, abuses of legal authority.

Yes, again, you'll use the arguement that this can exist in various forms from person to person, but I only see one group using religion as the rationale.

Everyone knows really good people with Muslim faith. The issue is not with those solid Aussies, but we certainly should not continue import a faith that is counteractive to our culture remaining cohesive. What do we owe others? Are we putting the needs of others above the needs of our own?

Would our ancestors have immigrated Germans or Japanese during WW2? Just because you can pinpoint the war, doesn't mean it should be any different. The western world is at war with the radical Muslim one and if religion is the defining characteristic and not a countries borders, why is it such a leap to restrict on those grounds.

If we continue on this righteous path, we are kicking the can down the road for our children to deal with a continually devided and antagonised community. Since sept 11th, there has been over a decade of trying the leftist way…trying with the best of efforts.

It's not working.

I read and took some of, even if just a little of your post on board, but less as it continued. Surely you cannot really consider the right and centre right wing governments unjustified invasion of Iraq and the resultant vacuum of and handing over of power that basically birthed the Islamic State, as leftist in any way, shape or form?

The relative few (hundreds) casualties in the west pale into insignificance compared to the death, destruction and suffering of the many, many in Iraq and it's surrounds that is still occurring on a daily basis. Neither situation is good, but some perspective is needed, particularly as the arm sales and the political positions of many of countries that are involved in such conflicts are intertwined. Sadly, war is a business and a huge money making one at that.

The narrative of fear is an agenda pushed by both sides, with each individual turned to the edge of hate for the other, being a notch on the belt of either antagonist. They prey on the weak and do not create winners, only losers.

We as Australians, along with the citizens of Britain and the US, have been manipulated and even downright lied to, to try and justify our involvement in conflicts, just as the vulnerable young are today being deceived by the martyr and virgins in paradise crap espoused by other money and power hungry people using religion as a cloud in their deadly game.

@formerguest said:
@hammertime said:

It's not working.

I read and even take some of, even if just a little of your post on board, but less as it continues. Surely you cannot really consider the right and centre right wing governments unjustified invasion of Iraq and the resultant vacuum of and handing over of power that basically birthed the Islamic State, as leftist in any way, shape or form?

The relative few (hundreds) casualties in the west pale into insignificance compared to the death, destruction and suffering of the many, many in Iraq and it's surrounds that is still occurring on a daily basis. Neither situation is good, but some perspective is needed, particularly as the arm sales and the political positions of many of countries that are involved in such conflicts are intertwined. Sadly, war is a business and a huge money making one at that.

The narrative of fear is an agenda pushed by both sides, with each individual turned to the edge of hate for the other, being a notch on the belt of either antagonist. They do not create winners, only losers.

the defining terror attack of this all actually started before the Iraq war. So did the Bali bombings. But probably we are to blame for those too…

It actually scares me at the level of complacency by the western world. We seem to blame ourselves most of the time and have lost our hearts for our own. Our patriotism is weak. Instead we somehow think that we deserve someone to open fire in a nightclub or drive a truck through women and children.

The thing is that the western world has tried to provide the global security for the better part of half a century. Sometimes we get it wrong, but the causation is usually founded in decent intentions. We try to avoid innocents, we help rebuild, fund and work with communities.

Our own blame game when these people are killed is somewhat sickening to me. I can guarentee ISIL aren't comparatively sitting back and cursing Osama bin laden for ramming jets into the USA.

We don't have a foundation policy to kill innocents in cold blood. That's the difference to me.

Latest posts

Members online

Back