Brooks.... what is he good for??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Lukes problem is basically that he is now trying to play to Madges defensive structures,to stick to the gameplan and do what they practice at training,however,Luke was playing really well when Twal,Musgrove Aloia were running the ball hard ...
Most 9s in the comp are very good at working with the halves,just look at Cook,Smith,Hodges for example excellent players...Harry has played 9 NRL games and he is still learning,he and Luke play good,its when we lose our main players and our experienced ones let us down a bit is when Luke ends up in a bit of a mess..
With the full top players back in his game should improve,I think he may be injured because his running game is excellent and he seems shy to run as frequently as he can,maybe it is coaching to play structured or maybe he has a niggle the next couple of games should show us more..

@TrueTiger said in [Brooks\.\.\.\. what is he good for??](/post/1180420) said:
I think Lukes problem is basically that he is now trying to play to Madges defensive structures,to stick to the gameplan and do what they practice at training,however,Luke was playing really well when Twal,Musgrove Aloia were running the ball hard ...
Most 9s in the comp are very good at working with the halves,just look at Cook,Smith,Hodges for example excellent players...Harry has played 9 NRL games and he is still learning,he and Luke play good,its when we lose our main players and our experienced ones let us down a bit is when Luke ends up in a bit of a mess..
With the full top players back in his game should improve,I think he may be injured because his running game is excellent and he seems shy to run as frequently as he can,maybe it is coaching to play structured or maybe he has a niggle the next couple of games should show us more..

Grant had a horrible game. He did not help our chances and made it difficult for our halves and the team. It was a collective cluster truck of a game.

Apparently if Reynolds didn’t get suspended brooks was a good chance of being dropped... but it’ll be him and Benji in the halves next week I reckon.

I know some people seem to think Benji stifles brooks game but I think he seems more comfortable with Benji there next to him for whatever reason. Maybe it’s just coincidence

For now I think Benji and Brooks as halves will work best. Benji can help manage the games and keep Brooks switched on. Brooks can drift into 6 from time to time to use his running game. Hopefully Madge can put some extra work into their defence. On their days, they can be very good for us and that’s what we need.

@TCL said in [Brooks\.\.\.\. what is he good for??](/post/1180422) said:
@TrueTiger said in [Brooks\.\.\.\. what is he good for??](/post/1180420) said:

Grant had a horrible game. He did not help our chances and made it difficult for our halves and the team. It was a collective cluster truck of a game.

Agreed. It wasn't a good game across the park. They all struggled. Our success of late started with fast play the balls and service and Forwards having an impact. But when things don't go well, just blame the easy target. When Harry had a spell and came back on there was a real zip to our play. It was obvious.

@JoshColeman99 said in [Brooks\.\.\.\. what is he good for??](/post/1180423) said:
Apparently if Reynolds didn’t get suspended brooks was a good chance of being dropped… but it’ll be him and Benji in the halves next week I reckon.

Says who..?

@Geo said in [Brooks\.\.\.\. what is he good for??](/post/1180427) said:
@JoshColeman99 said in [Brooks\.\.\.\. what is he good for??](/post/1180423) said:
Apparently if Reynolds didn’t get suspended brooks was a good chance of being dropped… but it’ll be him and Benji in the halves next week I reckon.

Says who..?

From people I know... considering he dropped Benji I wouldn’t put it past him to drop brooks

@JoshColeman99 said in [Brooks\.\.\.\. what is he good for??](/post/1180430) said:

Says who..?

From people I know... considering he dropped Benji I wouldn’t put it past him to drop brooks

Logically, if Mbye maintains his position, no one will be dropped.

@pawsandclaws1 said in [Brooks\.\.\.\. what is he good for??](/post/1180438) said:
@JoshColeman99 said in [Brooks\.\.\.\. what is he good for??](/post/1180430) said:

Says who..?

Logically, if Mbye maintains his position, no one will be dropped.

No one to replace him with at the moment

Says who..?

YOu know Christian Niccolusi?

Besides, there is no one better on the market worth going after. Better off just sticking to the succession plan of giving Brooks another year at halfback with Reynolds and Madden a full season of playing 80 each week leading the Canterbury Cup side around and then make a decision on who leads the team around for the 2022 season.

Says who..?

There are other options to replace Brooks tho regardless of Reynolds suspension

6 Marshall
7 Madden

6 Walters
7 Marshall

So how does Reynolds suspension take that away..?

@Geo said in [Brooks\.\.\.\. what is he good for??](/post/1180469) said:

Says who..?

6 Marshall
7 Madden

6 Walters
7 Marshall

Because they wanted to go with Reynolds and Benji? There are other options but Reynolds being out makes it less likely... Walters the only real option. Not that hard to understand is it?

Says who..?

6 Marshall
7 Madden

6 Walters
7 Marshall

What about about a Madden Walters combination ? Our halves haven't been playing great. I think Brooks has been the pick of the bunch over the course of the year but Walters and Madden haven't had many chances.

Can I just ask a question in regard to our halves...
Brooks is always our first choice 7,Benji was our first choice 6,then JR was 6...
If Walters and Madden are of the quality of Brooks,Benji OR JR, dont you think that Madge would have been playing them long before this??
I have a high regard for Walters from what I have seen but I dont know enough about Madden to comment.

@Russell said in [Brooks\.\.\.\. what is he good for??](/post/1180363) said:
@Harvey said in [Brooks\.\.\.\. what is he good for??](/post/1180188) said:
We should look at better halves. Punt Brooks, we can get Wakeham, Brodie Croft, Jake Clifford or Williams.

We might even be able to swap with Ben Hunt

Nice list Harv - we are supposed to improve the position. Maybe with Clifford, not the rest.

That was the point I was trying to make. Brooks might not be a future immortal, probably outside the top 3 current halves but pulling a great half out of your hat is not very easy. Even those that come through with massive wraps on them (like Taylor, Clifford, Madden) often never match the hype.

Bring Madden in to partner Brooks and have Benji from the interchange.

Hopefully Maguire can provide our halves with something to aim at. Really we need a huge injection of pace in the backs.

@JoshColeman99 said in [Brooks\.\.\.\. what is he good for??](/post/1180481) said:

Says who..?

6 Marshall
7 Madden

6 Walters
7 Marshall

Because they wanted to go with Reynolds and Benji? There are other options but Reynolds being out makes it less likely... Walters the only real option. Not that hard to understand is it?

Shouldn't matter..if the reason was to send a message..

Reynolds/Marshall last game together was against the Knights with us at full strength otherwise..to me that combo would be going backwards not forwards

@rustycage said in [Brooks\.\.\.\. what is he good for??](/post/1180411) said:
It boggles the mind to think that it seems the majority of people that have had a gutfull of Brooks so desperately want Marshall as the alternative. The very bloke that has proven time and time again he can't lead a team to finals football, is hit and miss with his attack and is atrocious defensively. It's never Benji's fault. But it's always Brooks fault.

I don't want Benji or Reynolds ...time for a massive upgrade and major overhaul

@Geo said in [Brooks\.\.\.\. what is he good for??](/post/1180497) said:
@JoshColeman99 said in [Brooks\.\.\.\. what is he good for??](/post/1180481) said:

Says who..?

6 Marshall
7 Madden

6 Walters
7 Marshall

Shouldn't matter..if the reason was to send a message..

Reynolds/Marshall last game together was against the Knights with us at full strength otherwise..to me that combo would be going backwards not forwards

Well they’ll go with brooks and Benji then, for me it’s our strongest combination but brooks hasn’t had a try assist in weeks, I’d put Walters in there for him personally but guess we will wait and see what Madge does

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Back