Can we clear out our fine this year?

hammertime

Given what @THE_POM mentioned about our cap situation and potentially being about to sign DWZ without moving anyone on, I wonder if we 'll be in a position to wipe out our fine this year?

Mannah isn't going to cost much $$ and our 30 players are going to be filled with his signing.

If we can achieve that and get a bit of the dead-wood off our roster, then we might be in a better position than the media is spinning.

Highly doubt it now HT ....I guess if you got the cap right by June 30 and upgraded a few of the youngsters who become available on June 30

Too early to write this season off though .....thoughts ????

@happy_tiger As much as it pains me to say this but this is just another wasted season for me.. Not blaming anyone for this but we are just not good enough (A lot of reasons) .. Even if we played well over the next 10 weeks do you really think we could get into the 5-8 position above Raiders, Knights, Sharks, Manly, Broncos , Eels & Cows who are fighting for it.. Even Panthers will take over us in the next few weeks unfortunately.. Melb, Souths and Roosters are locked in already.. I applaud Madge for trying to pick up experience players on low salary as this is what Melb does and seem to work for them and he was with Melb for a few years.
I hope I am wrong and we make it but not holding my breath..

Don't think it works that way with the fine..the NRL just hold back the amount from the annual grant....The Cap is a notional amount on how much you spend each year

They don't pay you then you pay them back

I don’t think Madge will be held to ransom - not when Pascoe’s fully reinstated. So in theory it’s a big yes but as people stated we actually were made buoyant by the game’s financiers and so now paying them back, it’s a real tragedy our coach and team after 10 straight years of this are still being hampered . Attitude is half the battle.

@Geo Hopefully they would be happy to rejig as it was only split on our request I believe.

Even though, I'm sure we could work around it by restructuring a few contracts.

@happy_tiger I'm suggesting that we'll probably have enough space with the top 30 roster now being set as is on the arrival of Mannah. He'll be a fair whack cheaper than DWZ.

I'm somewhat separating the fine from the cap mess of overpaying a few players on our books. On that note, if we shifted 2, I think we would be pretty happy. Maybe Packer and McQueen to UK. We'll need Reynolds next year and Matts is doing an ok job.

... and we could do worse than holding a cut-price Robbie on our books next year. He's still in good form.

@hammertime said in [Can we clear out our fine this year?](/post/1022157) said:
@Geo Hopefully they would be happy to rejig as it was only split on our request I believe.

Even though, I'm sure we could work around it by restructuring a few contracts.

Signing a budget guy like Mannah will help the big picture but anything involving the NRL doing us a favour is never going to happen.

They hate us.

@The_Patriot That’s because the NRL know our board are Marshmallows!

@hsvjones
Re wasted season. I had an epiphany last week when I realised how much I dislike watching Wests Tigers in crap mode and contrasted that to watching the Roosters vs Panthers game.
Watching WT I was actively supporting my team to win but continuously disappointed by their lacklustre performance. It's just plain old bloody disappointing.
On the other hand when I was watching the Roosters and Panthers, both of which I cant stand, and actively hoping both would lose (an impossibility) I realised that at least I was watching two quality performances.
Sorry to say it but that's something our team cannot provide to its supporters.

@NT_Tiger They can provide it but not very often... Normally in the first part of the season until teams work out that we are duds..

@hammertime said in [Can we clear out our fine this year?](/post/1022164) said:
@happy_tiger I'm suggesting that we'll probably have enough space with the top 30 roster now being set as is on the arrival of Mannah. He'll be a fair whack cheaper than DWZ.

I'm somewhat separating the fine from the cap mess of overpaying a few players on our books. On that note, if we shifted 2, I think we would be pretty happy. Maybe Packer and McQueen to UK. We'll need Reynolds next year and Matts is doing an ok job.

... and we could do worse than holding a cut-price Robbie on our books next year. He's still in good form.

When this originally broke I wanted the cap fine all in one season so it was dead and buried in one foul swoop

We weren't a premiership threat ....and maybe we could of sorted issues we are facing now far earlier without the drama we face now

Latest posts

Members online

Back